NBR - Where did I go on vacation?

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Akaipaps

NBR - Where did I go on vacation?

Post by Akaipaps »

Here are a few pictures I took while on vacation. Can you guess where?

I don't know if I'm sending the pictures right. Wish there was a way to figure it out beforehand!
Green Buddy's are the luckiest!
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Obviously, that wasn't right!
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Trying again.

Syd

Post by Syd »

If you want to link to the page, wrap the URL between [ url ] [ /url ] tags. To use the [ img ] [ /img ] tags, the link needs to be to an image name.

Sorry to say, neither worked for me.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Ok, trying again. Did I mention that I'm a computer idiot? I put the pics in flickr this time. I sure hope it works!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69848214@N08/
Syd

Post by Syd »

Well, it's you can tell it's not the US, because there are lots of scoots parked on what looks like a sidewalk (and there's a C1 there).

It's not the Netherlands, because there's not enough bicycles.

It's not Asia, because there's not enough scooters.

It's not the UK, because it's not raining.

I give up, where'd you go on your summer vacation?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
uncleralph

Post by uncleralph »

Ireland?
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Ding! ding! Ding! Uncleralph you're just too good! I tried to keep the buses out of the pictures, hoping it would make it harder.

Yep, these pics were taken in Dublin. It was great to see scoots everywhere! So many kinds!

We went to the west coast, and there weren't any scooters in the hinterlands. Probably a good idea since the roads aren't the world's best.
uncleralph

Post by uncleralph »

Actually, it was the license plate on the Honda Lead (a.k.a. Elite) in the first picture that gave it away.

Ralph
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Awww, man! I thought the plate was vague enough. Have you been to Dublin?
uncleralph

Post by uncleralph »

Akaipaps wrote:Awww, man! I thought the plate was vague enough. Have you been to Dublin?
No I haven't. We have to been to England a number of times and hope to get to Ireland on one of our trips.

I happen to have a Honda Elite, so it kind of jumped out at me. I selected the larger version of your picture in Flikr to get a better look at the scooter and the IRL plate is quite clear in the Large (1024x768) picture.

Ralph
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Great to see the pics and great to see so many scoots! I haven't been over in quite a while...there weren't scoots anywhere back in the day because no one had any money. Then came the tiger times before the big plunge back down into the depths of misery.

Love the C1 as it's perfect for the miserable weather. You obviously were there on the one sunny day that's allowed per year :lol:

Thanks for sharing! I hope you got to try some Taytos, the world's finest crisps.
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Actually, we had a lot of sunny days. My brother is the sunny weather god. It seldom rains wherever he goes. Friends have actually tried to hire him to attend outdoor weddings.

I loved Ireland. Dingle peninsula is probably my favorite. We stayed there 3 days. And, Rock of Cashel, and Cobh, and Kinsale, and Cliffs of Mohar. And, and, and ................

No Taytos, but did have a grand time at the pubs. One night a bunch of locals started singing 60's tunes A Capella. It was great! Another night at a tourist pub, and Irish lady starting step dancing to the traditional music. Not a performer, just another tourist from another part of Ireland. It's a memory I'll never forget.
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Siobhan, I have to ask, if you're Irish, why do you use German in your signature line? Just curious.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

No Taytos...you missed the finest Ireland has to offer! I actually order them by the case for Christmas. Well, unless of course you had a pint of Murphys at the Abbey in Cork. Mmmmmm.

I used to live in Berlin and the "fahr mit mir" comes from an advertising campaign by Goggo, which had the most fantastic scooter ever made.

My joke about the weather is that the entire island is bathed in warm sunlight except for Cork City with its big black cloud. I'd watch the news and there was always a raincloud over Cork on the weather map.

The west coast is amazing...everywhere you look, there's a megalithic tomb. One day I'll have a little house in Baltimore where I'll whittle away my old age, watching the boats in the harbor, sipping a creamy Murphys, and snacking on a toasted special.

In the next couple of years I'm dragging my boyfriend over to do a moto-tour. I have it all mapped out in my head, but the exchange rate is killah.

Again, thanks for sharing. You're making me miss "the god-forsaken island".

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzLLMa3eOXE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzLLMa3eOXE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

Thanks for the video too! I'm going to send it on to my brother. We're of German heritage.

Yes, lots of ruins just hanging around in the middle of someone's pasture! I had no idea that Ireland had a 3000 year history.

We had either Murphy's or Guinness every night. Guinness tastes much better over there.

We met a couple who had rented bicycles and were riding around. I was so impressed that they actually rode up Connor Pass. They had more stamina than me.