2011 International Motorcycle Show, San Mateo, CA

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

2011 International Motorcycle Show, San Mateo, CA

Post by babblefish »

Went to the motorcycle show this weekend and took a bunch of pictures. I know a lot of you can't attend the show either because they're not in your area or because of time constraints so I really wanted to do a pictorial tour, but unfortunately my IP puts a limit on storage space and I hit my limit before all the pictures could be uploaded. So, I'll just post pictures with women in them. JUST KIDDING! Most of these are scooter related with a few personal favorites - because I'm the OP.:)
Sorry if some of the pictures are a bit blurry - I didn't bring a tripod.

It was a pretty lean show manufacturer-wise. Aprilia, Ducati, Paggio, Vespa, Moto Guzzi (see a trend here?), Genuine, KTM, Kimco, Sym, Ural were among those who decided to stay away. Made for a lot of empty spaces. There were, however, a lot of vendors selling their wares. And I managed to buy a fully restored 1957 BSA Goldstar for only $1. More about that later...

Honda
2011 50cc Ruckus. I asked if Honda were planning to reintroduce the 250cc Ruckus, but the rep said no.
ImageImage

PCX. 125cc, liquid cooled, fuel injected.
ImageImage

Silver Wing. 582cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled.
ImageImage

Suzuki

Burgman.

Yamaha

Zuma. In the foreground is the 125cc Zuma, blue one is the 50cc.

Unfortunately, that's it for new scooters. Here are some vintage scoots and a 3-wheeled Burgman.

Can you guess what this is?
ImageImage

That's right! A 1961 Harley Davidson "Topper".
ImageImage

Sears Allstate Compact (Puch). Forgot what year this one is, but it's 70cc. Not a "true" scooter because it doesn't have a flat floor. :roll:
ImageImage

Some kind of Burgman. There were several variations of this there.

A smattering of vintage and other stuff I liked.

2011 Triumph Scrambler with a custom pipe. I really liked this bike so it's on my radar for a possible future purchase.

Harley Davidson V-Rod. I'm not a big fan of Harleys, but I could almost see myself riding this one. Not bad at $15K.

Various customs and vintage.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Small example of vendor goods. Most were selling with substantial discounts.
ImageImage
ImageImage

I bought one of these for $25 (longer one).

One vendor was selling FF Bell helmets for below $100. This one was only $67. I was tempted to buy one, but then decided I didn't have a $67 head...

OK, you didn't think I'd end this without these, did you?:)

ImageImage
There's a motorcycle somewhere in there...

Wish I could have posted more pictures (of which I have many), but this will at least give a small feel for the show. Even though it was kinda small, I still enjoyed it because, well, I just like being around motorcycles and everything else related to them. Afterwards, I almost dropped in here for a meal and brew, but decided I was too tired.

Oh yeah, almost forgot; that $1 BSA Goldstar. Well, it actually won't be mine until they pull my raffle ticket from the box...:)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Thanks for sharing the pics. Liked the classic scoots/bikes.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I really wish Harley would reintroduce the Topper. I don't know why but I've always liked the scoot.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I really wish Harley would reintroduce the Topper. I don't know why but I've always liked the scoot.
I'd like Harley to bring the SX350 back:

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
sickpuppy

Post by sickpuppy »

I wonder why more manufacturers didn't show up. It would be nice if Harley would bring back the SX350.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

sickpuppy wrote:I wonder why more manufacturers didn't show up. It would be nice if Harley would bring back the SX350.
Could be the simple fact that vendor booth fee's have shot through the roof.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
mishaluk458

Scooter Gallery

Post by mishaluk458 »

Nice gallery of scooter. All the scooter are good and design.
Syd

Post by Syd »

agrogod wrote:
sickpuppy wrote:I wonder why more manufacturers didn't show up. It would be nice if Harley would bring back the SX350.
Could be the simple fact that vendor booth fee's have shot through the roof.
Or booth fees aside, manufacturers may have decided that the costs of moving all that equipment around the country are not worth it, when you are only preaching to the choir.

Nice pics babblefish, thanks.
The majority is always sane - Nessus