Belated Indian Summer 6 Photos *they're actually there now!*

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

Belated Indian Summer 6 Photos *they're actually there now!*

Post by LunaP »

Okay, so I was gonna be cute and actually post preview photos here.

But turns out I hate flickr and I can't get anything to work.

So to avoid making me want to stab things with a bic pen... here's the link to the flickr, have a look-see!

My flickr album for Indian Summer 6. EDIT: I have finally come to a truce with Flickr. The album should actually be viewable now. Sorry for the wait.

(and if anybody has any advice on how to make flickr bend to my will, I'd appreciate it... I can't get single image posting to work, and I really don't get the privacy system... I'd really like to choose privacy by album/set, but apparently even if I say the 'set' is public on flickr, I still need to go make the individual photo public to be able to link it as a single photo... or some such nonsense... is photobucket less confusing????)
Last edited by LunaP on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

LunaP, like this?

viney266

Post by viney266 »

Never used flickr. But, I do use photobucket and you can link right to them, it works even for my not so computer savvy brain.

I see 3 pics when i click on your link...Is that right?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Ethan Allison

Post by Ethan Allison »

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/luna-p ... 195988253/ is the right link. You just need to delete the /with/12345678/ from the end.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

@siobhan: yes, like that -_- ...thought I was doing them right, tried about 3 different ways, and every time I clicked preview it was just url, no photo. Blah.

@viney: no, that is not right... that means even though I clicked 'public' on the 'set' of photos, I have to manually go back and click public on every single photo individually, which is exactly what I was afraid of- highly counterproductive and pisses me the !%$@ off :evil: I want to be able to share an album/set of photos without such ridiculous problems... I shouldn't have to make the single photo public, if the album/group of photos is public
[/rant]

@EthanAllison: thanks, will try that when I have a few more minutes and a lot more patience at my disposal. I nearly completely lost it after spending about 4 hours at this earlier and haven't quite recovered. :hit: :hit: :hit:
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

LunaP, I know it's not the true solution you want (granting Public with one click on a whole set), but the Organizer in Flickr lets you at least multi-select a number of photos then do 'bulk' operations like permission-setting, if I remember correctly.

Alternatively, if you know you're uploading a block of photos to share, like your rally, change the permissions beforehand in the Uploader. It's much easier to do it up front than it is to fix it later.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

LunaP, here's how I link directly to photos on Flickr (which I prefer over other photo sites because I like the features it offers).

A sidenote: I don't mark pics as private/share only with family/friends. If I put it online, it's open and I CC-license everything. Not like anyone would ever want to use any of my images, but I follow the policy of "once it's out there, it's out there." In other words, I don't put stuff online that I wouldn't want the world to see.
  • Click on the image on Flickr
    Go to ACTIONS > VIEW ALL SIZES
    Click the size you want
    Right-click (or command-click on a Mac) and select "copy image location" or whatever similar shows up (the term is browser dependent, but you'll figure out that you need the image URL)
    ... Ignore Flickr's message "Looking for the HTML code and photo file link?" at the bottom of the photo ...
  • On MB, click the Img button
    Paste the copied URL (it will end in .jpg)
    Click the Img button again
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Thanks for the advice, Siobhan... I'm gonna mess with stuff again when I get home from work- I've been dealing with the tow truck and such.

I don't really have anything I wouldn't want anybody else getting their hands on- in fact, I only uploaded scooter-related stuff onto Flickr, because that's what I wanted to be able to upload here... everything else has gone on Facebook. I just don't like the IDEA of the interwebs being able to publicly view MY stuff, even if it's not incriminating or whatever. I'll just disable the public searches and stuff.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Nice...now I see them!

The lofts at trolley station?...That sounds rather , well styffy and high brow doesn't it? LOL..Where is that?

Nice foliage picks in there, and the last pick of the white scoot with the modular helmet on the back seat SWEET...Lambretta?? Someone let me know what that is? I love that look!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

nice actions shots of me, #'s 1263, 1280, and 1281. Thanks Luna! If officer KJ with the Big Ruckus gets some free time, he'll try to make a video collage. I'll be sure to post it here. Here's his video of the East Coast Scooter Classic.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

viney266 wrote:Nice...now I see them!

The lofts at trolley station?...That sounds rather , well styffy and high brow doesn't it? LOL..Where is that?

Nice foliage picks in there, and the last pick of the white scoot with the modular helmet on the back seat SWEET...Lambretta?? Someone let me know what that is? I love that look!
It's a Lammy. Very nice scoot too BTW. Guy that owns it is a cool down to earth dude too. think 10k if you want one like that!