Scoot Without a Cause Genuine Ride, LA, March 4

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Scoot Without a Cause Genuine Ride, LA, March 4

Post by ericalm »

Lots of pics to come from this event! These are all from Ray Nichols, Class Act Images. Contact him for larger images or prints: classactcreative@gmail.com

MANY MB members in these pics!

Lots of pics to come from this event! These are all from Ray Nichols, Class Act Images. Contact him for larger images or prints: classactcreative@gmail.com

MANY MB members in these pics!

More to come!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I see some nice smiles and some nice scoots :)

Anybody brave enough to go "there's me! I'm that guy" on the interwebs?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I do see lots of smiles. beautiful scenery and looks like some decent weather.

The lady in the "ladybug" helmet says it all!. THAT is a fun smile!

I wasn't at that Rally ( I'm on the east coast)...but a pict. just for you^^^...That me, and some other guy that was hanging around .LOL
Attachments
phil.jpg
phil.jpg (22.28 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

LunaP wrote:Anybody brave enough to go "there's me! I'm that guy" on the interwebs?
Red Stella and checkered shirt—that's me! (Under that giant helmet.) :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

More pics, these from my chest-mounted video camera.

siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

ericalm, I don't know if any of your friends will tell you, but you appear to have a lean problem. Perhaps a visit to the doctor? :lol:

I cannot believe the lack of milkcrates. Either Vons is cracking down or southern Californians are just too chic for the hoi polloi.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

siobhan wrote:ericalm, I don't know if any of your friends will tell you, but you appear to have a lean problem. Perhaps a visit to the doctor? :lol:
I wouldn't exactly call it a problem:)

Positioning and angling the camera is a pretty imprecise thing. I usually take a little more time to make sure it's straight, but was more focused on herding and helping run the ride this time.

A lot of these pics came from me forgetting the camera was on. Kind of funny; there are a lot of awkward close ups of people I was talking to at our stop at the Observatory.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

I do hope you realize I was joking!

I've got the one-handed picture thing down. My camera is on a lanyard and I just drop it when I need to shift quickly.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

siobhan wrote:I do hope you realize I was joking!

I've got the one-handed picture thing down. My camera is on a lanyard and I just drop it when I need to shift quickly.
I did realize!

I'm still working on my one-hand shooting technique. MUCH easier riding an automatic. I have a 35mm film camera (the famous among camera geeks Olympus Mju/µ/Stylus) on a lanyard around my neck. Works very well because it's very friendly for one-hand operation while wearing gloves: Goes on/off by sliding open, large shutter button, big zoom toggle when I use the one with zoom. The photo quality rivals most digitals and these are still available for under $20 so if I lose or break it, I won't be out $500.

Down side: I sometimes carry up to 3 different cameras with me (four if you count the video; five if you count the iPhone) so it takes a while to finish a roll.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Looks like a lot of fun and great company!

I suppose I'll have to get on posting my pictures too, which means...time for a better camera!
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:I have a 35mm film camera (the famous among camera geeks Olympus Mju/µ/Stylus)
Awesome camera! I had two that died on me and I still think it was a great design.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Me, too! I had two of the Stylus (one I bought, one my sister gave me). Before that, I had an even-smaller Olympus XA. Couldn't beat 'em for portability in the 35mm days.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Any shot from inside the observatory? Telescope geek here :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

ericalm wrote:Red Stella and checkered shirt—that's me! (Under that giant helmet.) :)
where's Eric??? The one who faithfully has his bailout bag slung over his shoulder on every ride. Nice pics, lucky you got a nice day in.... Oh never mind, it's Southern California.

Who let Skootz borrow the Roughhouse? That was pretty cool that he was able to make it.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:Who let Skootz borrow the Roughhouse?
NoHo Mike of course. In fact I still have it since my scooter remains down for the count. Happily tomorrow is scooter repair day now that my exhaust has arrived. Can't begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to having those extra 100cc's back!!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

One role of film developed.