Stella with some non-vintage mods

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scalpel

Stella with some non-vintage mods

Post by Scalpel »

I was going to keep my Stella looking vintage, but then decided "hell with it." Here's what I've done so far:
  • Added a black kickstand from Scooterworks for times when I need to only hop off for a second.
  • Added a rear rack. It turns out this 2-stroke-only rack will work on the 4-stroke Stella, if you disassemble half the emissions tubing and wiring, install a taller seat post, remove the entire seat, and hit the front part of the rack a lot with a big rubber mallet.
  • Attached the Seahorse 540 case from my previous scooter onto the new rack, including some work with silicone tub sealant to make sure the bolt holes are completely waterproof.
  • Drilled the top of the Seahorse box in order to add a Rotopax lockable mounting plate for a 1-gallon Rotopax gas can. I bought one can and two mounting kits, so I can switch the gas can between my scooter and my motorcycle. 1 gallon of spare fuel on the Stella is going to stretch a long way!
  • Peeled off the side reflectors, since they were slowly falling off on their own.
[/quote]
Author of <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 10921">The International Donut Debacle</A>
siobhan

Re: Stella with some non-vintage mods

Post by siobhan »

Scalpel wrote:-- snip --
Added a rear rack. It turns out this 2-stroke-only rack will work on the 4-stroke Stella, if you disassemble half the emissions tubing and wiring, install a taller seat post, remove the entire seat, and hit the front part of the rack a lot with a big rubber mallet.
For some reason, I find this VERY amusing. "Sure it'll fit, if you spend half a day finagling this, that and the other."

Love the rotopax on top! I keep saying I'm gonna get a 1gal fuel and 1gal water for my bike, but I wind up with MSR bottles hanging off saddlebags and a Camelbak. Yours is a nice, clean look. Throw in a tube of 2-stroke oil and you're all set.
Scalpel

Re: Stella with some non-vintage mods

Post by Scalpel »

siobhan wrote:For some reason, I find this VERY amusing. "Sure it'll fit, if you spend half a day finagling this, that and the other."
To be fair, the folks Scooterworks did warn me that it was going to take some work to make it fit, and that they could guarantee nothing. I just couldn't pass up the look of this rack over the folding racks they actually make for the Stella 4-stroke.
Love the rotopax on top! I keep saying I'm gonna get a 1gal fuel and 1gal water for my bike, but I wind up with MSR bottles hanging off saddlebags and a Camelbak. Yours is a nice, clean look. Throw in a tube of 2-stroke oil and you're all set.
The MSR bottles are the way to go! I used those for years, and it's super-convenient to always have a bit more gas in a pinch. I can't praise the MSR fuel bottle enough.
Author of <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 10921">The International Donut Debacle</A>
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

hey looks great dude, no worries

vintage is overrated imo. at least the purity of it all. i mean a top box is a top box. and, nothing that can't be undone so have some fun with it :)
Riding is riding