Blue vs. Grey Rally in Nashville! All ya'll missed out!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

amy

Blue vs. Grey Rally in Nashville! All ya'll missed out!

Post by amy »

This was a great rally in a great city! I hope they do it again next year! The north and south pulled together and had a blast!

I'll be posting pics video of the rally and our ride from Atlanta (yes, I rode my Buddy from ATL to NASH and back) on this thread a lil later, but here are some quick snapshots from my phone:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... a317b45b93
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

hey amy, thanks for sharing! Love the police Vespa. Looks like you had some fun weather on the route :(

One of my cats eats by removing all the kibbles from the bowl, too :)
amy

Post by amy »

siobhan wrote:hey amy, thanks for sharing! Love the police Vespa. Looks like you had some fun weather on the route :(

One of my cats eats by removing all the kibbles from the bowl, too :)
Our morning weather was cloudy with a 50% chance of rain, which started to fall when we were somewhere in Alabama but then cleared up for the remainder of the route. I'm still pulling video clips together.

I hope they do this rally again next year. Nashville is a delight!

That Vespa belongs to one of our club members and is one of my favorites. He's getting it in shape for the CORSA - Hill On Wheels rally.

Edit: Did you see the kitty buffet upon my return? She doesn't so much pluck kibble out as she just goes into w wild frenzy at two full bowls of it.
Rob

Post by Rob »

So many rallies (I'd love to attend) and so little time.
I really have to move this one high on next year's list though. It looks loke a great time, not too awfully far from home and I love that area in general.

Do you happen to know how far this is from the Tail of the Dragon? I rode that a few years back and wouldn't mind making a return trip.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
amy

Post by amy »

Rob wrote:So many rallies (I'd love to attend) and so little time.
I really have to move this one high on next year's list though. It looks loke a great time, not too awfully far from home and I love that area in general.

Do you happen to know how far this is from the Tail of the Dragon? I rode that a few years back and wouldn't mind making a return trip.

Rob
Rob, it was a really good rally and we hope to see them do it in 2013 AND some of the attendees and you and you fellow scooterists at our Atlanta rally " Resurgence IV" this year (last year's info: http://terminalsc.com/?p=98

I think Tail of The Dragon is about 200 miles east of Nashville near Madisonville. We're planning a trip there, too, as a group. We're also heading to Chatanooga for Hill on Wheels this year. Yay![/url]
Rob

Post by Rob »

amy wrote: Rob, it was a really good rally and we hope to see them do it in 2013 AND some of the attendees and you and you fellow scooterists at our Atlanta rally " Resurgence IV" this year (last year's info: http://terminalsc.com/?p=98

I think Tail of The Dragon is about 200 miles east of Nashville near Madisonville. We're planning a trip there, too, as a group. We're also heading to Chatanooga for Hill on Wheels this year. Yay![/url]
Atlanta is a bit of a haul for me ... but ... my brother just moved down to one of the suburbs down that way, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. :D

I just watched the "Hatfield and McCoys" miniseries on the History Channel and I started getting into that. I've read a little more and am really thinking about a MC/scoot trip down to Kentucky and West Virginia to check out some of that history. Again, maybe that would dove tail nicely with this rally.

One question. How are motorcycles accepted at these rallies? The problem being is we have 1 scoot and 2 MCs. If both my wife and I attend, she'd ride the scoot and I'd be on an MC.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
amy

Post by amy »

Rob wrote:
amy wrote: Rob, it was a really good rally and we hope to see them do it in 2013 AND some of the attendees and you and you fellow scooterists at our Atlanta rally " Resurgence IV" this year (last year's info: http://terminalsc.com/?p=98

Atlanta is a bit of a haul for me ... but ... my brother just moved down to one of the suburbs down that way, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. :D

I just watched the "Hatfield and McCoys" miniseries on the History Channel and I started getting into that. I've read a little more and am really thinking about a MC/scoot trip down to Kentucky and West Virginia to check out some of that history. Again, maybe that would dove tail nicely with this rally.

One question. How are motorcycles accepted at these rallies? The problem being is we have 1 scoot and 2 MCs. If both my wife and I attend, she'd ride the scoot and I'd be on an MC.

Rob
I'm not sure about other rallies, but we have some peeps in our club with scoots and MCs, and sometimes the MCs ride with us as sweep bikes on group rides. Plus, you can always ride 2 up with your wife! :D
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Amy what route did you take from Atlanta to Nashville, I'd love to ride to Atlanta from here some time.

Don
MB #2349
amy

Post by amy »

dsmith65 wrote:Amy what route did you take from Atlanta to Nashville, I'd love to ride to Atlanta from here some time.

Don
TO Nashville: Here is the link to the map of my starting point in Atlanta> Vespa Marietta (where we all met for the group ride)>Nashville

http://goo.gl/maps/Gi1g

FROM Nashville: On the way back we took 41 almost all the way and hopped on 24 and 75 for a little bit. I don't have that route mapped though because we were winging it.
:helmet: :atgatt: :ninja:
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Thanks
MB #2349