Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BoneGirl

Infinity vs. Pink Buddy

Post by BoneGirl »

jetboy

Post by jetboy »

Total bummer! What did the driver say?

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I believe that's the exact same model of SUV that nearly hit me, resulting in my eating pavement and totaling GatsbyGirl's pink Buddy. So maybe there's some kind of FX 35 vs. pink Buddy war brewing. Or maybe it's just that people driving big-ass SUVs can't or don't often see what's around them. :evil:

I still get a little cringe when I ride by one of those damn things.

Glad that you're okay and that the damage was limited to your topcase. I've seen and heard some horrific things about scoots and MCs getting rearended. Yikes.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BoneGirl

Huh?

Post by BoneGirl »

The driver was an older gentleman working for Infinity in their vehicle. He just kept repeating obscenities about how he thought I was going to turn. :twisted: He never even got out of the car and said he didn't know what to do. :?: I expalined to him he could give me cash or his insurance card and finally he managed to get his wallet and card out. He was visibly shaken so I took the liberty of calling his ins. co. while my husband took pictures. When the guy did get out and look at the damage, he asked how he knew my topcase wasn't already like that. Ben pointed out the Genuine Pink Paint on the hood of his car which shut him up quickly.

I received a call from Infinity today and the checks in the mail. Hush money! :wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Huh?

Post by ericalm »

BoneGirl wrote:The driver was an older gentleman working for Infinity in their vehicle. He just kept repeating obscenities about how he thought I was going to turn. :twisted: He never even got out of the car and said he didn't know what to do. :?: I expalined to him he could give me cash or his insurance card and finally he managed to get his wallet and card out. He was visibly shaken so I took the liberty of calling his ins. co. while my husband took pictures. When the guy did get out and look at the damage, he asked how he knew my topcase wasn't already like that. Ben pointed out the Genuine Pink Paint on the hood of his car which shut him up quickly.

I received a call from Infinity today and the checks in the mail. Hush money! :wink:
Huh... what about those pains that have popped up in your back and neck?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

ericalm wrote: Huh... what about those pains that have popped up in your back and neck?
Those started sometime around 1983, but most of the time she just calls me Beaner. :wink:

I watched the whole thing in my rearview mirror and I have to say I'm pretty proud of her for being able to hold it all together. It was (luckily) a slow speed thing but he pushed her about 10 ft (into traffic)((they were both stopped and turning right out of a parking lot into rush hour traffic)) and she kept the rubber side down.

I guess all those times I threw tennis balls or poked at her with a stick while she rode by have really paid off. :wink:
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Yikes, that could have been a lot worse! :shock:

You've probably done it already, but since the topcase took such a good hit, it's worth checking to make sure the rack and mounting hardware didn't suffer any damage as well.
BoneGirl

Pain?

Post by BoneGirl »

ericalm wrote:
Huh... what about those pains that have popped up in your back and neck?
Yeah... I'm not that kind of person. I had a little twinge last night between my shoulder blades. Ben says it was from braking and leaning back against the force. I'm great today. But all during last night's ride I was scared of every car within 10 feet of me. These close encounters give you a whole new perspective on scootering but you have to take a deep breath and get back on that horse. :)
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

Lagerhead wrote: I guess all those times I threw tennis balls or poked at her with a stick while she rode by have really paid off. :wink:
Love that man o' mine! :lol:
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

vitaminC wrote:Yikes, that could have been a lot worse! :shock:

You've probably done it already, but since the topcase took such a good hit, it's worth checking to make sure the rack and mounting hardware didn't suffer any damage as well.
Funny you should bring that up...we're on our 4th rack in the last year because they crack on their own (usually at the center bolt). There have been several threads about this problem. I already had one of the new ones ordered under warranty so I'll be getting a newly re-designed rack and topcase. Not all bad!
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Lagerhead wrote:I guess all those times I threw tennis balls or poked at her with a stick while she rode by have really paid off. :wink:
This should definitely become part of the Basic Rider Course.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Angie,

Wow, that could have been a lot worse!

Glad you're OK and Ben was there to back you up.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Yeah, ditto what Lobsterman said. So good to hear you kept the scoot upright and things weren't worse. I'll catch up with you next Wed. hopefully. Have fun at the Que this weekend!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

First and foremost, I'm just really glad you're not hurt. The trunk, or even the whole scooter can be replaced.
BoneGirl wrote:When the guy did get out and look at the damage, he asked how he knew my topcase wasn't already like that.
At that point, the price of fixing my scooter would have doubled. Seriously, that jerk could have killed you and not only is he not contrite, but he has the gall to pull that line on you? Wow. I hope he caught $#!@ from the Infinity dealership.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BoneGirl wrote:
Lagerhead wrote: I guess all those times I threw tennis balls or poked at her with a stick while she rode by have really paid off. :wink:
Love that man o' mine! :lol:
Hmmm... that gives me some ideas! :clap: