My new buddy!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

purplenurple

My new buddy!

Post by purplenurple »

Just picked up my Buddy Italia tonight. It's an '09 with only 221 miles on it. The girl I got it from only rode it a few times, but was too scared to keep riding. She bought the tan seat, rear rack, and gen-u-bin already.

Sad that she didn't enjoy it, but super excited that I now have a practically brand new Buddy! :) I am so excited.
Attachments
Buddy
Buddy
2012-10-22-18.36.41.jpg (87.55 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Congrats on your new scoot and welcome to the forum! The Buddy 150 was my first scooter too. And same as you, I got it with very low miles from someone who didn't like to ride and wanted to sell. Happy to help out! I think you're off to a great start for sure. Many happy miles to you!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Looks sharp, good find!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

gotta love it when they buy accessories and don't ride

"INCLUDED IN SALE," etc

congrats on snagging a good one
Riding is riding
purplenurple

Post by purplenurple »

JHScoot wrote:gotta love it when they buy accessories and don't ride

"INCLUDED IN SALE," etc

congrats on snagging a good one
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. While researching, I thought maybe it was something the dealer put together, like a special or something. When we went to pick it up, she said she got all the stuff for it.

She also had all sorts of gear, some jackets, helmets, gloves, and even a reflective vest and a bungee net. I can't imagine how much she paid for the whole package when she bought it. Crazy!
purplenurple

Post by purplenurple »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Congrats on your new scoot and welcome to the forum! The Buddy 150 was my first scooter too. And same as you, I got it with very low miles from someone who didn't like to ride and wanted to sell. Happy to help out! I think you're off to a great start for sure. Many happy miles to you!
Thanks! That's awesome you were in the same boat. I'd love to have more scooter riders around, but her loss is my gain. :)

I actually have a Fly 150. I got it August '11. It was a great scooter for me, but riding the buddy for the first time was totally night and day. So happy with it so far.
killa_ed

Nice

Post by killa_ed »

She looks like a beautiful ride very nice and loads of fun ahead for you.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Very Nice, I considered getting this one, but decided on a 125 instead (just bought it 2 weeks ago). How did you manage to post your own photo, I wasn't able to due to size or pixel limits.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Nice!

That's a semi-common story. Someone getting 2 wheels and then finding out that it's not for them (happens with motorcycles as well). It does lead to some good deals being out there from time to time.

I think if many newbies would take the basic MSF course first (before selling), that might alleviate some of their fears.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Rob

Post by Rob »

Skippy wrote:Very Nice, I considered getting this one, but decided on a 125 instead (just bought it 2 weeks ago). How did you manage to post your own photo, I wasn't able to due to size or pixel limits.
There are quite a few posts in MB that address this. If you use the search function (remember to click the all words/terms option) you should run across a few.

Here's one to get you started: viewtopic.php?t=23609&highlight=photo+post

The might even be something in the MB FAQ area, although I'm not sure about that.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Seth86

Post by Seth86 »

Nice scoot! I like the color and congrats!
Linnie

Post by Linnie »

I also got an '09 with low miles (mine's a Pamplona) and I LOVE IT. ;-)
JohnsonAlberta

Post by JohnsonAlberta »

Wow,Your new buddy is super cool but can you tell that your scooter is of which company?
Megamotormadness

Congratulations!

Post by Megamotormadness »

Classic