Scootin' is a blast.

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FreeDivr

Scootin' is a blast.

Post by FreeDivr »

My wife and I purchasing scooters may be one of the best decisions we have made in a long time. Having so much fun riding together! Something about the scooters that give riding around a vibe I didn't have with my motorcycles.
Attachments
rh.jpg
rh.jpg (156.83 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
us.JPG
us.JPG (146.85 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
us2.JPG
us2.JPG (146.73 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
scooter.jpg
scooter.jpg (151.94 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Welcome to the world of scootering! Yes, it is a lot of fun with most of the advantages of a full sized motorcycle, but a lot less stressful. Made even more fun riding in your part of the woods due to the nice weather.

My first scooter experience was in the late 70's on my then girlfriends' 150cc scooter. But while it was kinda fun, the experience was hair raising because it handled like an overcooked noodle, suspension that felt like springs-on-a-stick, and had no brakes to speak of (I won't mention what it was since some people on this forum have one and like it). When I moved to Taiwan for work in the mid 80's is when I really got a chance to try different types/brands of scooters and got thoroughly hooked. The problem was, none of the scooters I rode in Taiwan were available here in the States. Ironically, the only bad scooter I rode there was a newer model of the one my girlfriend had in the 70's, lol. Same crappy suspension and bad brakes.
Anyway, I ended up selling my 750 sportbike and keeping my current scooter because for me it is more fun and easier to get around on in the city.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

My wife and I bought a couple of Buddys a few years ago. We have had a ton of fun with them. We like to load them into the back of the truck on the weekends and take them to the beach or some other scenic place to ride. Have a great time.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Awesome!. Glad you are enjoying it. It just gets better! I love all my time spent on two-wheels.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
teamhurst

Post by teamhurst »

I know what you mean I got my blur and then a your later we found my wife a buddy and now I get a Stella as well so we ride all over south west Michigan. Now my son rides two up with me and we go all over. theres just somting about a scooter to go blasting around on
I scoot there for i am
blur 150
buddy pamplona 150
Stella
Mocha Guy 70

Looking for Vacaville Couple

Post by Mocha Guy 70 »

Hi!

I'm trying to find a couple I met this past March or April who were riding Genuine scooters on Pleasants Valley Road (and having a blast!). I talked with them at Lake Solano Park and they said they got their scooters at MotoXotica in Vacaville.

I since bought a Buddy 170i there and would like to meet up with the couple for some fun rides. I'm an older retired guy and was driving a silver Ranger pickup.

FreeDivr - You look familiar - could you be one of those two?
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I'm not one of the folks you met but I ride my Buddy 170i to Winters pretty regularly from Fairfield.
Saturday, September 23rd there's a Napa Valley Scooter Club ride that will stop in Winters are the way up to Lake Solano and then back to Napa.
All are welcome.
NVSC.net
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Mocha Guy 70

Winters to Lake Solano

Post by Mocha Guy 70 »

Cool, GB!

I'll mark my calendar and look for the group in town, and ride along to the lake, at least. Further, if someone will be coming back this way.

SeeYa then!
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

MC70,
I'd estimate Winters at about 11:15-12:00. If it's up to me we'll eat at the Mexican restaurant downtown. Good parking and access. After the Winters stop, we'll be riding to the 121/128 split where we will continue to Napa.
I wear a bright yellow Shoei and Helite Airvest that's also bright yellow. Not decided on riding the silver 170i or white BV350. This ride length is good for both scoot's. A little challenging on the 170i up a few climbs, but in a group of scoot's, no problem. The BV has NO ISSUES with hills. It generally it takes a good size bike to leave the BV behind, as long as there are corners involved.
Look forward to meeting you.
Mocha Guy 70

Post by Mocha Guy 70 »

El Pueblo Meat Market & Deli - an excellent choice, sir!

I don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but be aware that due to construction of the hotel, the parking lot in back is gone now. Street parking only, unless you'd like to park in my driveway, from which you can almost see El Pueblo's back door.

I've ridden Hwy 128 a little beyond Pleasure Cove Marina, the next one past Markley Cove, without any problems, except I don't like the traffic. You can have a vehicle right behind you in a flash, and they seem to get annoyed with scooters going at the speed limit. But that seems to be true in any vehicle almost everywhere. I've had cars pass me crossing a double line on a curve several times. Everybody's in a bigger hurry than I am, and I don't like cars behind me on my scooter. I use turnouts a lot, but I'm getting better.

I want to check out your riding gear. I wear sandals, jeans, white long sleeve shirt & yellow reflective vest, and a 3/4 helmet. I realize that I will probably only have one accident in my life this way, so I'm looking to upgrade...

SeeYa on the 23rd, if not sooner!
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Yeah, good grits and I didn't know that they had back parking!
Pulling over is great sport and folks should be thanking you. However, you're right about some fast boat-pulling traffic along that road. Keep going and you'll find more great stuff. I can't say it gets better but it stays about the same for many miles. Great riding practice for cornering. Learning to trust the tires and brakes, and most importantly yourself takes time and experience. 8)
Mocha Guy 70

Post by Mocha Guy 70 »

I took my GPS for a ride yesterday and was unhappy to learn that when I think I'm going 55 I'm actually only doing a little over 50. No wonder everybody gets mad at me. And comes up on me so fast.
I'm old, and I've been paying attention.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I use a 10% reduction with the Buddy speedo. Sometimes more.
When you consider that many folks drive 5-8 MPH OVER the posted speed, it might be a good idea to ride about 15-20% over the posted speed when using the standard Buddy speedo. That's generally what I do, then I ride through corners faster than many drivers and create space for safety. 8)
Whirlgrrl

Post by Whirlgrrl »

Nothing like a brand spankin new Kick! Got her in Aug sooo happy!
Attachments
C989B1C0-A870-40C6-91CE-868F4AC27D5A.jpeg
C989B1C0-A870-40C6-91CE-868F4AC27D5A.jpeg (169.17 KiB) Viewed 8145 times
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Nice. I envy the brakes and aluminum wheels.
Have fun!