New to the forum. Meet Gaia!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

coolrays

New to the forum. Meet Gaia!

Post by coolrays »

Hello everyone!

After doing a month of research, after years of wanting my very own scooter, I decided to head down to Maxey's Honda in OKC to check out their selection. They had a few Buddy models on the floor, mostly in what could be described as 'Easter Egg' colors. I was partial to the green and blue, but they weren't really calling out to me.

As I walked around the showroom, a very nice salesman approached me, and we had a great conversation about picking a first scooter. He mentioned that they had a few more in the back, and I was very surprised when he unboxed a completely different animal, at least in the way it looks. He said that they had received two 'Eclipse' models, and as soon as I saw her I lit up. This was the one for me!

Meet Gaia, my new '17 Buddy 125. I am absolutely in love. Zipping around my part of town, I can totally see how someone would get bit by the scooter bug. Plenty of power, handles great, and looks incredible. Very, 'me'!

I have plenty of experience on two-wheeled vehicles, as I grew up racing dirt bikes with my father. But for some reason, I had never been on a scooter before. How incredibly fun!

I really appreciate the members of this forum, and hope to be a positive contributor as I start my new journey.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Verrry Nice! Congratulations! :clap: Safe travels.
Remous

Post by Remous »

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you don't already do this but if you are parking your scooter I suggest ALWAYS using the center kickstand. I had mine on the side kickstand and it fell over. A few scratches on the body and bent just the left brake but would have been avoided using the center stand.
coolrays

Post by coolrays »

Remous wrote:Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you don't already do this but if you are parking your scooter I suggest ALWAYS using the center kickstand. I had mine on the side kickstand and it fell over. A few scratches on the body and bent just the left brake but would have been avoided using the center stand.
Noted. Thanks for the heads up! (FWIW, the kickstand was just used for a quick pic!) :wink:
coolrays

Post by coolrays »

Here's a shot from my spin around the lake last night. A perfect evening!