My new "scooter"

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

My new "scooter"

Post by babblefish »

Just picked this up yesterday, a Haibike (German) SDURO Fullnine RC electric mountain bike. I suppose it's kind of a "moped" since it's got petals and a motor, heh. Hydraulic disk brakes front and rear, adjustable shocks front and rear, aluminum frame, 20 speed gearing, motor assisted range varies from about 40 miles to 105 miles, depending upon how much motor power I dial in (it's adjustable) and steepness of the hills. The motor helps move the bike only when I'm pedaling, no free ride here. The bike wasn't exactly free either. It cost more than both my Blur and Buddy combined. Ouch!
I figured at my age I should try to get more exercise into my routine. Hopefully I won't kill myself...
Attachments
Fully adjustable forks and hydraulic disk brake
Fully adjustable forks and hydraulic disk brake
IMG_6319a.jpg (121.7 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Powered by Yamaha
Powered by Yamaha
IMG_6318a.jpg (121.18 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_6316.JPG (174.17 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

I like it since it has a Yamaha motor. :D
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

I can say the Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires are most awesome for great hookup! We have them on about 5 bikes in our stable.

Looks like this should be a load of fun!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

MYSCTR wrote:I can say the Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires are most awesome for great hookup! We have them on about 5 bikes in our stable.

Looks like this should be a load of fun!
That's good to know. One thing I do know is that they're expensive to replace. I plan to buy another set of 29" wheels and put road tires on them so that I can swap out wheels if I intend to ride only on city streets. Save them nubs for the off-roady stuff.
I haven't ridden the bike much yet, but I already know that the electric motor assist is great because some of the hills I rode that would have normally put me in the hospital are a doddle now. Just have to ride more to build up my stamina.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Lena01

Post by Lena01 »

A scooter or motor scooter is a motorcycle with step-through frame and a platform for the rider's feet. Elements of scooter design have been present in some of the earliest motorcycles, and motorcycles identifiable as scooters have been made from 1914 or earlier. Scooter development continued in Europe and the United States between the World Wars.
The global popularity of scooters dates from the post-World War II introductions of the Vespa and the Lambretta. These scooters were intended to provide low-power personal transportation (engines from 50 to 250 cc or 3.1 to 15.3 cu in). The original layout is still widely used in this application. Maxi-scooters, with engines from 250 to 850 cc (15 to 52 cu in) have been developed for Western markets.
Scooters are popular for personal transport, partly due to being cheap to buy, easy to operate and convenient to park and store. Licensing requirements for scooters are easier and cheaper than for cars in most parts of the world, and insurance is usually cheaper.
:)