3 Scooter Family - Buddy Kick!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bionicrocky

3 Scooter Family - Buddy Kick!

Post by bionicrocky »

If you feed them after midnight they multiply. We had a 1962 Vespa VBB. We went to the scooter shop and one thing led to another...

My wife had never ridden anything 2 wheeled with a motor. She was worried she'd be scared. She took a 50cc out around the block and felt comfortable enough that we got her a 2018 Kick in gray! I picked up a 2019 Vespa GTS 300 Touring.

Looking forward to getting to know this bike. I'm really impressed with all of the features for what we paid. More than my Vespa. I love that it has a tachometer, the kill switch, and the ECM info. Miles beyond the stock Vespa stuff until I put a $300 kit in it to talk to my phone.

I rode hers home and REALLY liked it. I go 215lbs, 5'10 and had her up to 50mph, felt like it had more to give too! She got the top case and we are looking at the crash bars. They really dress a bike up.

We're in Portland, OR, and I actually like riding in the rain!
Attachments
smaller_Scoots.jpg
smaller_Scoots.jpg (174.78 KiB) Viewed 5977 times
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

Welcome to the Kick family! Definitely get those cowl bars, they'll save your bacon if you take a tumble
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Hello, and welcome! If this is her first PTW you might want to encourage her to take a Motorcycle Safety course. Invaluable information and confidence to be gained. Hopefully your state allows it to be done on a scooter, like here in PA, though it may require her to ride a scooter of 100cc's or greater. Regardless, beautiful scoots, many miles and smiles to you both!!!!
johnk

Post by johnk »

Wow, I've never seen a Buddy Kick contextualized by real humans and another scooter. It looks great! Definitely my favorite of Genuine's current lineup.
puellamea

I am Mrs. BionicRocky and can't wait to ride my Buddy Kick!

Post by puellamea »

Of course, my sweet husband said it all. I am in love with this bike! Tomorrow, I'm off to the DMV to get my motorcycle permit. I do plan to take a motorcycle safety course, but they're difficult to get into so I'm doing a permit first. Oregon allows the course to be taken with a scooter and they have Buddy 125s for us to ride.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Excellent! That's what I did. I also downloaded all the info on the motorcycle skills test, set up my own course, and practiced all the maneuvers every chance I got. It really helped me feel more confident when I began the safety class. Have fun!
Point37

Re: I am Mrs. BionicRocky and can't wait to ride my Buddy Ki

Post by Point37 »

puellamea wrote:Of course, my sweet husband said it all. I am in love with this bike! Tomorrow, I'm off to the DMV to get my motorcycle permit. I do plan to take a motorcycle safety course, but they're difficult to get into so I'm doing a permit first. Oregon allows the course to be taken with a scooter and they have Buddy 125s for us to ride.
sounds like a good plan...the beginner MSF course i took here they have small 125-250cc motorcycles for you to ride...you get your permit at the rmv...go to the class and take notes and watch a video then take the classroom test and the other day (rain or shine) you ride around and get the hang of the bike practicing the skills for the test then you take the skills test and you get a new drivers license mailed to you with your motorcycle endorsement on it...not having to deal with going to the rmv is the biggest benefit of the class in addition to some helpful information and the insurance discount...not sure how the class works there but unless you are able to reserve a particular bike with the company that teaches the MSF class or you plan to ride your own (not recommended in case you drop it) you should make sure you know how to shift a real motorcycle...if you are able to reserve a bike then it doesn't matter...you can find the skills test online and find a parking lot and set up some cones and practice as well if you feel you need it