Found a silver top box for my MyBuBu

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vintagegarage

Found a silver top box for my MyBuBu

Post by vintagegarage »

Yesterday, I was visiting the scooter dealers in Gainesville, Florida, and thought I'd look again for a silver top box to replace the Soft Italia "Mocha" top box I had installed on my 2003 MyBuBu. I never had any luck finding a copper red metallic top box to match the main color, so I gave up and began been looking for a silver Soft Italia instead. I looked for over a year with no luck. It turned out that Solano had a silver Soft Italia top box sitting on their shelf yesterday, but they wanted $160 or so for it. So I went over to NS4L and they had a silver Prima top box that matched the silver color on the silver Rough House they had in the showroom. I bought the silver Prima top box for about $60 and mounted it this morning. Here is what it looks like. The silver is an exact match for the silver secondary color on the MyBuBu. That is the best I can do, so I am now calling the MyBuBu "Done". I have a mocha Soft Italia top box now with nothing to put it on. I'm now looking to buy a mocha Buddy 170i, or find someone who needs a mocha top box. In any event, here is the beauty shot:

Image[/img]
vintagegarage

Post by vintagegarage »

While I was at it, I decided to make a new avatar so I spent the morning riding all of my Buddies and then lined them up for an avatar shot. Here is a bigger view of the fleet as it stands today. Left to right; 2009 Buddy International 150 Italia, 2009 Buddy 50 St. Tropez, 2006 Pink Buddy 125, 2003 MyBuBu 125.

Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Nice!!
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Did the red one come from the factory with the silver paint on the lower body? I might paint my lower panels like that.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
vintagegarage

Post by vintagegarage »

Yes, that is an original color. If you start up Bing images and then do a search for PGO MyBuBu, you get a bunch of PGO sales photos showing the color in a bit more detail. Here are two of them:

Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Drum brakes in the front...woof.....
vintagegarage

Post by vintagegarage »

I hadn't noticed that.. the one in the lower photo though does appear to have the "bump" in the right side of the handlebar cover, and so I think it has disk brakes. Maybe the drum brake is specific to year, engine size, or country?