My $25 Roughhouse

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Feral_Sparky

My $25 Roughhouse

Post by Feral_Sparky »

So last year I bought a pile of parts for $25 off craigslist. Guy said it didnt run and my intention was to resell the parts I could on ebay to make a buck.

I get it home and assess what I have and decide to mock it up to see what it needed. After about 30 minutes I got the engine to start and run fine. Turns out all it needed was gas.

This guy did a number on this roughhouse I'll tell you that much. It needed alot of work and still needs a bit of work.

Keys were gone, no registration. Nothing. Dont worry I took the vin down to the police station and had them run it in case it was stolen. It came back clean.

Feral_Sparky

Post by Feral_Sparky »

After fixing up some stuff and getting it ride able over the winter here are my results so far. Still needs work but it is a fun scooter to ride thats for sure.

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Aptly named, Roughhouse. :D
Certainly can't argue about the price. Good job on getting it to where it is. A little bit of paint and polish here and there and it'll still be a "Roughhouse", lol.
Enjoy riding it, especially with warmer weather on the way.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I would call that the bargain of the year. I have paid a lot more than that for a nice bicycle frame alone.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Feral_Sparky

Post by Feral_Sparky »

wheelbender6 wrote:I would call that the bargain of the year. I have paid a lot more than that for a nice bicycle frame alone.
Thanks bud. She's coming together nicely thats for sure.