WorldWide Scooter Tag

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

I can't say that I have ever seen a dead squirrel along side the road. We have lots of dead skunks and raccoons around here, but no squirrels.

Last weekend I went on a couple rides on my Harley and specifically looked out for dead squirrels so I could go back for a picture but no luck.
Syd

Post by Syd »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote:I can't say that I have ever seen a dead squirrel along side the road. We have lots of dead skunks and raccoons around here, but no squirrels.

Last weekend I went on a couple rides on my Harley and specifically looked out for dead squirrels so I could go back for a picture but no luck.
To quote BootScootin'FireFighter:
BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:For taggers who don't live in squirrel habitat, the most common roadkill will suffice...
So go out there and park your Buddy next to a recently breath-challenged skunk and take a picture of it!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
etak

Post by etak »

I "ran across" a flattened pigeon on my way to work the other day, but by the next day it was gone - I'd like to think it was the street cleaners, but it was probably the feral cats :)
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

ASUDeadhead

Post by ASUDeadhead »

Woot! I think this is my first one (if it counts). I had to make a quick stop in the bike lane but got roadkill, a dove (poor little bird).
Attachments
IMG_0639-1.jpg
IMG_0639-1.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
ASUDeadhead

Post by ASUDeadhead »

If that one counted, the next one will be: canal.
Attachments
IMG_0643-1.jpg
IMG_0643-1.jpg (119.42 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Ugghhh! And I ran over a chipmunk today just for this post. Well, I really did run over the chipmunk, but not really for the post. I felt real bad about it but recognized the opportunity immediately. I was out scouting horse ranch locations for a project and the little guy ran right under my tires. Maybe I can find a canal.
etak

Post by etak »

While I was out yesterday looking for roadkill, I could have gotten a canal, had I known!
Today it's pouring. :(
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Here is my scoot on a bridge over the historic Illinois & Michigan canal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_a ... igan_Canal

And here is your next challenge - A train station
SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

Syd wrote: To quote BootScootin'FireFighter:
BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:For taggers who don't live in squirrel habitat, the most common roadkill will suffice...
So go out there and park your Buddy next to a recently breath-challenged skunk and take a picture of it!
Doh! I can't believe I didn't notice that part of his post!
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote:
Syd wrote: To quote BootScootin'FireFighter:
Doh! I can't believe I didn't notice that part of his post!
Sorry 'bout that. I thought it was taking a while because some people may have found it to be a sensitive spot, or we had PETA members. I thought someone would've posted up a deer, there are so many of those in the Mid At, just more common in the colder seasons.
Syd

Post by Syd »

It's been a couple pages, so I figured I'd best post the up to the minute Taggers and Tag Table:
<table border="1"><tr><td>2008</td><td>=====</td></tr><tr><td>WoBoScoot</td><td>Monument/Statue</td></tr><tr><td>7eregrine</td><td>School Bus</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Wall Mural</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Abandoned, Burned Out or Decayed Building</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Covered Bridge (done twice)</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Waterfall</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Amusement Park</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Hot Dog Joint</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Old Trailer-Style Diner</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td>2009</td><td>=====</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Brewery</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Vintage Clothing Store</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Vintage Music Store</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Home Under Construction</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Church</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Comic Book/Trading Card Store</td></tr><tr><td>Cheshire</td><td>Local Quirky Hangout</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Funny Sign Selling something Weird or Has Something to do with Corn</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Botanical Garden/Arboretum</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Zoo</td></tr><tr><td>Lagerhead</td><td>Airplane</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Ice Cream Bar/Dairy Bar/Whippy Dip</td></tr><tr><td>OScoot!</td><td>Roller Rink or Skating</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Lighthouse</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Chickens or other Barnyard Animals</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Overhead Train Track</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Boat Launch</td></tr><tr><td>OScoot!</td><td>Green Field</td></tr><tr><td>bluebuddygirl</td><td>Farmer’s Market/Vegetable Stand</td></tr><tr><td>OScoot!</td><td>Flowers or Shrubs of the same color as your ride</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Water Tower</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>End of the Road</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Music Venue</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Decorative Structure (no fountain)</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Public Sculpture (no fountain)</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Baseball Field (non-professional only)</td></tr><tr><td>bluefox</td><td>Farm Equipment or Machinery</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Riding Stable/Horse Boarding/Horse Riding</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>Barbed Wire</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Hay</td></tr><tr><td>OScoot!</td><td>Outside Dining Establishment</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Local Coffee Shop</td></tr><tr><td>OScoot!</td><td>Train passing by scooter</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Trailer Park</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Industrial Setting</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Downtown</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Port-o-Let</td></tr><tr><td>basmith42</td><td>Lemonade Stand</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Food Chain mascot</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Power Plant/Distribution Plant/Substation</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Tree Tunnel/Tree Canopy over street</td></tr><tr><td>NewbieMichelle</td><td>covered bridge</td></tr><tr><td>SarahJ2001</td><td>Smoke Stack</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Drive-In Restaurant</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Two Roads Diverged into a (green) Wood</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Marina</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Your scooter with another unknown scooter parked somewhere</td></tr><tr><td>SarahJ2001</td><td>Roller Coaster</td></tr><tr><td>etak</td><td>President’s Tomb</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Buffalo</td></tr><tr><td>NickieMcNichols</td><td>Something scaled much larger than lifesize (a literal cornucopia of fruit, infact)</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Vineyard</td></tr><tr><td>pdxrita</td><td>Giant insect</td></tr><tr><td>polianarchy</td><td>Another SCOOTER of the same color that is NOT a Buddy</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Tire pile</td></tr><tr><td>NickieMcNichols</td><td>Rainbow flag</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>The Nativity</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td>2010</td><td>=====</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>The word museum</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Nature Preserve or Nature Center</td></tr><tr><td>NickieMcNichols</td><td>Biker bar</td></tr><tr><td>Cheshire</td><td>Big Hole (construction equip preferred)</td></tr><tr><td>NickieMcNichols</td><td>Feed Store</td></tr><tr><td>xteraco</td><td>Filing Cabinet</td></tr><tr><td>UnionZac</td><td>Historic Mansion</td></tr><tr><td>gr8dog</td><td>Scooter under a bridge</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Donation Bin</td></tr><tr><td>bpatrick5</td><td>Plane in flight</td></tr><tr><td>xteraco</td><td>Junk food</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Dragstrip/Raceway</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Fountain</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Butcher's Shop</td></tr><tr><td>BootScootin'FireFighter</td><td>Jail</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>TV Station</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Clock Tower</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Airport Control Tower</td></tr><tr><td>BootScootin'FireFighter</td><td>City Skyline</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Brewery</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Road Closed Sign</td></tr><tr><td>ScootLemont</td><td>Flag</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Funeral Home</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Old Folks Home</td></tr><tr><td>ScootLemont</td><td>Cemetary</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Fertility Clinic</td></tr><tr><td>HowardR</td><td>Humane Society</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Mini Golf</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Tackle Shop w/sea creature</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Phone booth</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>Local Donut Shop</td></tr><tr><td>KRUSTYburger</td><td>Barber Shop</td></tr><tr><td>Cheshire</td><td>College mascot</td></tr><tr><td>BootScootin'FireFighter</td><td>Water Tower</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>Long White Picket Fence</td></tr><tr><td>siobhan</td><td>manhole cover</td></tr><tr><td>Tony McGurk</td><td>Grave monument with angel</td></tr><tr><td>Syd</td><td>roadside memorial</td></tr><tr><td>BoneGirl</td><td>BBQ joint</td></tr><tr><td>BootScootin'FireFighter</td><td>Road Kill</td></tr><tr><td>ASUDeadhead</td><td>canal</td></tr><tr><td>ScootLemont</td><td>Train Station</td></tr><tr><td>=====</td><td>=====</td></tr></table>
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

really? train station is holding us up?
BootScootin'FireFighter

ScootLemont wrote:really? train station is holding us up?
:shock: I'm such an idiot, I passed at least 3 train stations today! I forgot about this tag. I guess I may be going out again tonight!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

We don't have trains. Well, cargo trains I guess, but they don't stop here.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

It's the closest I could get, since the local active train station had a "no trespassing" sign up at the entrance to the road. Industrial area.

Next: water wheel!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Aw man, I got a good one, but it's old... I guess that makes it void?
BootScootin'FireFighter

thanks Cheshire, I was just lacing up my boots to head downtown.
Syd

Post by Syd »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Aw man, I got a good one, but it's old... I guess that makes it void?
My opinion? Yes.

Oh, and Cheshire? A pox on you! I just uploaded my pics for this tag minutes ago. Water wheel? In the desert? Hmm...
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Sorry. Post 'em anyway? :) How 'bout I make it up to ya by starting a few other pic tag threads? ;)
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Nothing? Two more days and I'll swap out to keep it rolling. :)
Syd

Post by Syd »

People must be busy; Your's can't be the water wheel in the country.

That's not even an excuse. Another Caroller (I can't spell North Carolinnianister) could use the same one!
ASUDeadhead

Post by ASUDeadhead »

I have racked my brain on where to find a waterwheel in the PHX area. I am thinking on my next day off going around to plant nurseries to find something if no one else finds one soon. Would it count to fashion one at home and take a photo with the buddy?
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Yahoo, I got the waterwheel today. I won't have time to post my photos until Saturday afternoon. I picked up the next tag too. Do you want the nearly impossible one, the really hard one or one of the common ones? Maybe I will post all of them and let you choose.
Syd

Post by Syd »

gr8dog wrote:Yahoo, I got the waterwheel today. I won't have time to post my photos until Saturday afternoon. I picked up the next tag too. Do you want the nearly impossible one, the really hard one or one of the common ones? Maybe I will post all of them and let you choose.
Whoda that a water-stinkin'-wheel was going to be so hard to find? It never ceases to amaze what's hard and what's not.
ASUDeadhead

Post by ASUDeadhead »

gr8dog wrote:Yahoo, I got the waterwheel today. I won't have time to post my photos until Saturday afternoon. I picked up the next tag too. Do you want the nearly impossible one, the really hard one or one of the common ones? Maybe I will post all of them and let you choose.
I think at least the hard one. Roadkill took over a week and so did the waterwheel. I am up for the challenge (though will be off my scooter out of town for a few days).
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

First let's take care of business. Here is my water wheel. I couldn't decide which shot I liked best so I will post both of them.

Now here is my nearly impossible tag. I saw this close to the water wheel, good luck with this one. It's a snapping turtle. Two Million points will be awarded to whoever can get this tag.

Here is the VERY difficult tag, but easier than the turtle, I think. A photo next to a sign for the National Ice Age Trail. This trail runs 1200 miles through Wisconsin. If you look close at the sign it says "La Budde". I should have been riding Buddy for this photo, oh well. Cllick on the link I have provided for maps and more info. Hikers and mountain bikers will like this one. One Million points for fulfilling this tag.

Okay, enough of that, here is the real tag. Railroad tracks receding into the distance. Be careful with this one. Trains can come up VERY fast and quietly. Don't park on the tracks, please.

Oh, and if anybody CAN nail one of those difficult tags.... WOW, that would be impressive.

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Does it have to be a snapping turtle? I'm sure if I rode around enough I could find a pond slider or a tortoise but a snapper, they don't usually ever come out of the water!
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

If you can come up with a turtle that is not a pet that will do for me. This snapper had claws that were at least an inch long and a dinosaur tail that was almost 10 inches long. I held the camera little more than a foot from him for the photo. He was not impressed with me and slowly melted back into the water after his photo session.

As for the trail sign, any major trail will do.

In Florida I have seen these, hog nosed turtles. They are very impressive.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Wisconsin is 800+ miles one-way for me, so that's outta my budget right now. :lol:
Turtle and train tracks...I'll keep my eye open for a turtle. Plenty of train tracks here, but let's see if I can find a turtle to boot. (And not get beaten to the tag.) ;)
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

How about a turtle hiking on the train tracks! That should be worth a year of tags.
BootScootin'FireFighter

here it is! I found that trails are a lot more abundant, or at least easier to find, than turtles are in the National Capital area....

the next tag... a roadside herd of holsteins. I have no idea what a true holstein is, so I'll just go with COWS. Please don't trespass or cross any fence, this tag's not worth getting shot at.
Attachments
capcrestrail.JPG
capcrestrail.JPG (137.92 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
cows.JPG
cows.JPG (124.9 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I know a holstein is a cow but I couldn't tell you if it is the black and white or the brown and white variety. Around here cows are as common as bedbugs in New York City. Hey, I only live in Wisconsin, I was born in New Jersey.
BootScootin'FireFighter

gr8dog wrote:Around here cows are as common as bedbugs in New York City. Hey, I only live in Wisconsin, I was born in New Jersey.
I was born and raised an hour from NYC (Long Island), and I now live in Northern Virginia!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:
gr8dog wrote:Around here cows are as common as bedbugs in New York City. Hey, I only live in Wisconsin, I was born in New Jersey.
I was born and raised an hour from NYC (Long Island), and I now live in Northern Virginia!
I too am from Long Island, now in Lancaster County Pa.
Neighbor's cows get out and start grazing my yard........Does anyone how difficult it is to try to get one (a cow) to get into the freezer?? :rofl:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Cows. :) Okay, they're beef cattle not dairy...but it's what I could find and legally access.
Here's the same pasture a little ways up the road and much earlier in the day.

Now the new tag: Trees fighting back! Be safe getting this. :)
BootScootin'FireFighter

this one has held us up quite a bit... Any other tags. I see lots of downed power lines @ work, but I'm not in a position to go get my scooter and come back for the photo op, and it's usually cleaned up by the morning.
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

ok ill try to do it XD

PHOTO TO COME :)
BootScootin'FireFighter

ok, so I'm not in a position to get my scooter last night for this picture, but it's been almost a month, so I think I'll tag Engine 102 in this one. It looked like a small tornado rolled through this neighborhood last night!

new tag... your scooter with a full-size urban mural!
Attachments
the Land of Oz, in Washington DC
the Land of Oz, in Washington DC
oz.JPG (108.59 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
treedown.JPG
treedown.JPG (77.47 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
BootScootin'FireFighter

this may be out of bad taste, but I went by and took a picture of the scene this evening... for scooter tag of course
Attachments
damage.JPG
damage.JPG (172.63 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

Ouch! It looks like the tree missed the owner's house but was big enough to get the neighbor's. Hope no one got hurt.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

WOW...... BFOT

Big Fat Oak Tree!

Yeah, hope no one got hurt.
Next seasion's fire wood though!!
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I think this is my last time out this year as snow is predicted, beginning tomorrow. :(

Buddy is stashed away in my shed, behind my lawnmower, for the duration of winter. Here is the mural.

And the tag is a seasonal one, CHRISTMAS TREE LOT. Get this one before they all go away.

mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

I live in the city, can it be a bunch of Christmas trees for sale? :) pwetty please?
BootScootin'FireFighter

mia_mali wrote:I live in the city, can it be a bunch of Christmas trees for sale? :) pwetty please?
I would think so, that was my plan of attack
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

mia_mali wrote:I live in the city, can it be a bunch of Christmas trees for sale? :) pwetty please?
Any place that sells Christmas trees. Even the cut your own places. All you need is either some trees, or a sign. Preferably both.
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

lucky for me this is my workplace XD

for the next tag i want to see some...... zombies :D this ones for you my S.P.A.Z. brothers and sisters
Image the zombies are in houston so watch out :) i think i killed some with my crowbar bottle opener
Last edited by wifiducky on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

dangit! I got a picture in front of the trees, but had a really awesome idea for the next tag thingy that I hadn't been able to get to yet :(
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

mia_mali wrote:dangit! I got a picture in front of the trees, but had a really awesome idea for the next tag thingy that I hadn't been able to get to yet :(
please post anyways :)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Don't post it now, save the idea until you get one of the next tags. The idea of the Tag is that it never ends.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

I don't know where I'd find a black cat around here....hmmm....might have to wait for the next one.

-b