Fuel Filter 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

spinbud

Fuel Filter 125

Post by spinbud »

Has anyone replaced the fuel filter, if so where did you get it, does it work well and which one did you get? The one on Bud is kinda big, 1 1/8 x 1 1/8) and looks like a 5/16 fuel line. Thanks for your help. If you successfully replaced yours and have a make and model number that would be great...it's not like I'm gonna get one from genuine, uh, before the 2016 elections.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

I haven't replaced it yet, but i did buy a few and compared them and I believe their almost identical.

got them from here, only place I could find.

http://shop.bestdealmotorsports.com/ind ... duct_id=99
spinbud

fuel filter 125

Post by spinbud »

JasonH,
Thanks for the reply. Looks very similar to an off-the-shelf that can be had at auto parts stores everywhere...and that's probably just fine. If you do replace, let me know how it does. I appreciate the response.
PS: curiously, my many inquiries usually get many useful responses but this one lingers with only yours. Are people not replacing? Interesting. Scott
Oh, what size? 1/4" or 5/16ths
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

bah! that fuel filter didn't work for long, engine shut off while running today, took the random fuel filter out, put new one back, started right up

gotta find one that works though, im at 7,000 miles and i expect it could use a change
Last edited by JasonH on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

So, uhh, how often should one replace one's Fuel filter? Is that a routine maitenance item, like oil filters? I kind of assumed "if it ain't broke, don't fix/replace."

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com