Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Tuesday 9/23 around 5:15ish

Italia heading North on Interstate just crossing over Going Street.

Spotted from my friend's car from Going (carpooled yesterday)
nrg70

Post by nrg70 »

Saw an Italia on Roosevelt in the U district right outside of Scarecrow Video 5:30-6 ish?
Not all who wander are lost -J.R.R. Tolkien
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Becktastic wrote: Haha that's awesome! Those are definitely our scoots :) I see a lot of dog walkers around here, what kind of dog do you have? You should come on the ride this Sunday! A big group is going to the Saguaro National Forest and I believe there is a barbeque afterward :9
Yesterday, I was the guy in the dress shirt and pants trying to coax his brindle greyhound into either walking or not running in front of you while you left through the East entrance/exit of the complex.

I live on the west side of the complex on the outer ring second from the street.

I don't know if I can make it to Saguaro. But I'll be up for other rides.
ringdoc

Post by ringdoc »

saw an italia, going north on metcalf sunday in kansas, first buddy sighting
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

rudie11 wrote:Tuesday 9/23 around 5:15ish

Italia heading North on Interstate just crossing over Going Street.

Spotted from my friend's car from Going (carpooled yesterday)
I'll be this was the same Italia I saw Monday near NE Broadway!
Wonder who this is?
Modern Buddy member # 2499
EPSP member # 102
ringdoc

Post by ringdoc »

saw another buddy only this one was north of the river, on n. oak at aldis
a cream colored one
brettro

Post by brettro »

nrg70 wrote:Saw an Italia on Roosevelt in the U district right outside of Scarecrow Video 5:30-6 ish?

I saw that same one!
armacham

Post by armacham »

rabbitgod wrote:
armacham wrote:
rabbitgod wrote: I see that one every now and then when I'm walking my dog. It's by the dentist right?
I think so, that's the opposite corner from the hollywood video?

sidetrack- sweet someone who lives in our neighborhood :)
In an attempt to not sound all super stalker. I'm pretty sure I live in the same townhome complex as you. It's not everyday you see a Blue 125 and an Italia parked in the same place. I think I saw Becktastic yesterday drive off while walking my dog.
that is totally us. I thought I would have seen another scooter around.

And if you live in our neighborhood you DO see that everyday.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

armacham wrote: that is totally us. I thought I would have seen another scooter around.

I don't have my scoot yet. Tomorrow it's being delievered.

There used to be another buddy, 06? I think. That lived in our complex too. He frequented this site until his scoot was stolen.

Oh, uh back on topic. I saw a Stella out on Broadway a week ago. Black.
armacham

Post by armacham »

rabbitgod wrote:
armacham wrote: that is totally us. I thought I would have seen another scooter around.

There used to be another buddy, 06? I think. That lived in our complex too. He frequented this site until his scoot was stolen.

come say hi after you bring it home, I'll be putting on a brake light onto my givi box in the carport.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote: Yesterday, I was the guy in the dress shirt and pants trying to coax his brindle greyhound into either walking or not running in front of you while you left through the East entrance/exit of the complex.

I live on the west side of the complex on the outer ring second from the street.

I don't know if I can make it to Saguaro. But I'll be up for other rides.
I remember you :) Your greyhound reminds me of one my uncle had. Did you adopt it from the Greyhound Rescue too?

I'm glad you didn't say you were in the house right behind ours. Occasionally their dog decides to bark it's head off at 5am :eye twitch: Grey hounds are usually pretty chill though.

There's a Yahoo group for Tucson Scooterists you can join to stay informed about future rides!

How awesome for you! Which color are you getting?

We are pretty new to this complex, so we never saw the other Buddy. That's so sad his got stolen :( This seems like such a nice neighborhood. We have alarm locks on ours so I feel pretty safe about it, you should get something like that too.

Did the black Stella you saw have elephant decals on the rear sides? If so I saw the same one the other day!
Lift heavy eat clean!
Griffphoto

Sightings in Birmingham

Post by Griffphoto »

Yesterday as I was buzzing around just west of downtown, I went through an intersection and spotted a pink Buddy with a female rider waiting for the light to change.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Becktastic wrote: I remember you :) Your greyhound reminds me of one my uncle had. Did you adopt it from the Greyhound Rescue too?

I'm glad you didn't say you were in the house right behind ours. Occasionally their dog decides to bark it's head off at 5am :eye twitch: Grey hounds are usually pretty chill though.

There's a Yahoo group for Tucson Scooterists you can join to stay informed about future rides!

How awesome for you! Which color are you getting?

We are pretty new to this complex, so we never saw the other Buddy. That's so sad his got stolen :( This seems like such a nice neighborhood. We have alarm locks on ours so I feel pretty safe about it, you should get something like that too.

Did the black Stella you saw have elephant decals on the rear sides? If so I saw the same one the other day!
I did adopt him.

The dog behind you is Fiona. We've met her a few times. The owner and the dog are cool, but yeah, she barks. Alot. My dog has barked all of twice. We were playing and he barked, freaked out because he didn't know what the noise was, and ran to my wife for safety.

The neighborhood is pretty nice for the most part. There's always an influx of petty crime in the first few months of school. Lately though there has been a lot of major crimes. Like I said in my Intro thread, my car was stolen out of our parking lot on the 14th. The people behind me have two noise levels, loud and not home. I plan on getting an alarm. And chaining my bike to the tree next to the car port.

The stella did have elephant decals!

armacham-I'll try to stop by. Tonight I'm buying gear, but I'll swing by when walking my dog and if you're there I'll stop and say hello.
hackett

Post by hackett »

The wife and I were on our nightly constitutional, and we saw a St. Tropez headed east on Garraty at about 7:30.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Italia parked outside the Boutique Goodwill at 10th and Taylor in downtown Portland today around 5:30 p.m. Is this the same Italia I keep seeing in NE, or someone different?

Who are you?????
EPSP member # 102
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

scootermama wrote:Italia parked outside the Boutique Goodwill at 10th and Taylor in downtown Portland today around 5:30 p.m. Is this the same Italia I keep seeing in NE, or someone different?

Who are you?????
Probably someone different, Vespa Portland said thats their best selling model. I've seen like 15 of them over the summer. Or maybe that one scooter just REALLY gets around ;)
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

Highland Heights, KY. Italia 150 last night at the gas station on the other side of the pump! Nice lady. Weird thing was I had seen her bike earlier in the day down at the repair shop next to Metro - her scooter has a distinctive split in the headlight / speedo housing. She confirmed, in fact, her scooter had been in the shop (I was in for my 500 mi. service).

Orange Stella two days ago on Court Street (Cincy); we exchanged waves. Pamplona almost every day across from the Kroger building.

Pink Stella in the City Hall parking lot quite frequently.

Pink Stella parked near Newport on the Levy quite frequently.

Orange Buddy in Ft. Thomas quite frequently.

Etc., etc., etc. Cincy seems to be awash. It is a rare day that I don't see at least one.
Clearly.
n00b4life

Post by n00b4life »

9/25, lunch time (1:00?).

Huebner Oaks shopping center, San Antonio, by Ride Away Bicycles.

Powder blue. Brand new. Still has temp tags.
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Kaos wrote:
scootermama wrote:Italia parked outside the Boutique Goodwill at 10th and Taylor in downtown Portland today around 5:30 p.m. Is this the same Italia I keep seeing in NE, or someone different?

Who are you?????
Probably someone different, Vespa Portland said thats their best selling model. I've seen like 15 of them over the summer. Or maybe that one scooter just REALLY gets around ;)
Kaos, I am sure you are right. I've only seen the two, though, in different parts of town. Sure is a pretty scoot!
EPSP member # 102
Griffphoto

Seen last night..........

Post by Griffphoto »

Last evening about 5:30 or 6:00, across from my loft on 1st Ave N at The Sidewalk Film Festival office. The same Pink Buddy again. I think she's a member of the Birmingham Scooter Syndicate but I cannot remember her name.
m. gorhon

Post by m. gorhon »

a couple days ago: powder blue buddy parked somewhere on the east side of providence, can't remember what street now.

also on the same day passed a cream Kymco People on George street near Brown, saw a red maxi scooter out on 152 in Seekonk and then on my way home from visiting my parents i was behind an orange-ish (it was dark out and it was a few vehicles ahead of me) stella or vespa in central falls.

i still have yet to see any of the other providence/RI forum member's scooters while riding about.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I saw my very first Buddy in a parking lot today that I didn't already know whom it belonged to. It was a Pamplona with matching Genuine topcase AT MY WORK! (Lowe's on Fairfield Dr.) Rock on, they prolly didn't see my scoot as I park off by the propane tanks so I have something to lock to.
scooterhuze

I am the "Maytag repairman"

Post by scooterhuze »

:cry:
I have had my Italia for 2 months and we are alone among a few china's, a Kymco (My 15 y.o. dtrs) a Beemer (her boyfriends) and a whole lotta Harley's etal. Some of them wave and some of them laugh. Hey, I know it's kinda nerdy-That's one of the things I love.
BTW-I carry business cards from my dealer to spred the love perhaps one day I won't be so lonely....................

(You may have guessed it Michigan thumb is no NYC)
Becktastic

I'm tickled seafoam :3

Post by Becktastic »

I couldn't believe it, on my ride into work today I saw a seafoam buddy turn south on Country Club as I was waiting to do the same! I chased her down and we both hit the red light side by side. I flipped up my helmet and complimented her scooter and we chatted about how much we loved them. She said she was on her way to test for her motorcycle license, I told her to try to practice on the course before she goes in for the real one and wished her good luck! I wish we could have chatted longer so I could tell her about MB. Hopefully I will run into her again!
Lift heavy eat clean!
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Lots of Buddy sightings lately. The driver of the black Buddy on San Fernando Road in Glendale on Thursday gave me the wave. I gave the geek wave in reply. I saw a Pink Buddy on Hyperion in Silverlake last week.

Lastly, I think I saw the Nessie of Genuine Scoots going west on Santa Monica Blvd yesterday: a Blur. Of course, I've never seen one in person, so I could be wrong. I could have taken a photo to post, but it probably would have come out all blurry, and no one would believe me ;)
esk

Post by esk »

esk wrote:yesterday (tuesday) in seattle, u-district, around 4:30? pm: black and silver buddy with a bunch of stickers on it (i remember one on the front left that said "RIDE"), heading south on the ave, near cellophane square. rider was wearing a black 3/4 helmet, black jacket, black backpack.
think i saw this buddy again yesterday (friday): i was riding mario, heading west on 45th in wallingford around 5:30pm; he was heading east. i was concentrating on the always-tiresome 45th st. rush hour traffic so didn't get a good look, but i thought i recognized the stickers. exchanged "the wave."
armacham

Post by armacham »

saw another italia going north on La Cholla at Ina rd. by the foothills mall
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Today, around 11: 45 a.m., I was going west on NE Knott Street, two scooters, one of them a red Buddy 125 going in the opposite direction, just past the light at NE 33rd. St. Saw several others out riding, no more Buddy's though. PERFECT riding weather today!
EPSP member # 102
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

One my way home on Wednesday, I spotted a red Buddy male rider on Morena Blvd. heading away from Old Town San Diego.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
LisaLisa

Re: Seen last night..........

Post by LisaLisa »

Griffphoto wrote:Last evening about 5:30 or 6:00, across from my loft on 1st Ave N at The Sidewalk Film Festival office. The same Pink Buddy again. I think she's a member of the Birmingham Scooter Syndicate but I cannot remember her name.
If she was dressed in all pink, then that was Rhonda!
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

This morning around 6:45ish, Guy on Italia going down Taylor's Ferry towards Hillsdale, he had a black 3/4 helmet on and had a matching topcase.
bunny

Post by bunny »

Saturday morning, northbound Precinct Line crossing 26...orange Buddy female rider.

Who are you?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

hackett

Post by hackett »

Today at about 2:00, northbound on Broadway in front of Central Market. Black buddy, white helmet, reflective safety sash.

Seeing a lot more Kymcos on the road in the last couple of weeks, now that it's not ungodly hot outside.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

I spotted an orange Buddy on 30th St near University in San Diego Sunday afternoon during the Chargers-(t)Raider. No, no, not at Motorsports. Along the street near a restaurant.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
verdecalavera

Re: Seen last night..........

Post by verdecalavera »

Griffphoto wrote:Last evening about 5:30 or 6:00, across from my loft on 1st Ave N at The Sidewalk Film Festival office. The same Pink Buddy again. I think she's a member of the Birmingham Scooter Syndicate but I cannot remember her name.
my italia and my wifes orange 125 were parked a half block back in front of the mcwane center all weekend. we passed by that pink one back and forth walking to the next film or the speakeasy.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Tuesday, September 30
6:15pm-ish
I saw a zombie blood green Buddy stopped at the light on Dean Street at Atwells Ave being ridden by a very serious-faced guy. I waved. You stared...perhaps to see if I was also on a Bud? I was on a St Tropez with pink jacket and pink helmet. Nice jacket you were wearing. Howdy!
esk

Post by esk »

seattle, today (tuesday), 5:15pm: italia heading west on n 34th st at fremont ave, waiting to turn left onto the fremont bridge. dude with a black half helmet and black sweatshirt. i was two cars behind you on my red buddy!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

When I got out of class yesterday around 5pm, the black Stella with elephant decals I had seen the other day was parked in the same motorcycle spot behind my Bella :3
Lift heavy eat clean!
shahdhch

Post by shahdhch »

Yesterday while in my cage about 6:00 P.M. I seen an orange buddy at the Battlefield/Fremont intersection.
I once shot a man just to watch him die. Then I got distracted and missed it.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw an Italia with a rear basket and front rack parked in a driveway on Amesbury this evening. Anybody on here?
skibum

Post by skibum »

My first sighting on the Penninsula (only took 1100 miles...), I was thinking I was the only one!
This morning, 7:45am, Seafoam Buddy headed north on Middlefield in Redwood City, I was headed south.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I saw becktastic this morning leaving the neighborhood.

I haven't seen a whole lot lately that weren't mine, armacham, becktastic, or at the dealer.

A coworker of mine says she sees a lot in her neighborhood. Hard to say though if she's just equating all scooters with the Buddy.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

rabbitgod wrote:I saw becktastic this morning leaving the neighborhood.

I haven't seen a whole lot lately that weren't mine, armacham, becktastic, or at the dealer.

A coworker of mine says she sees a lot in her neighborhood. Hard to say though if she's just equating all scooters with the Buddy.
I'll be visiting family in Chandler, AZ in a couple of weeks. I'm kinda interested to see how many I see. It seems AZ has a great scooter community.
brettro

Post by brettro »

esk wrote:
esk wrote:yesterday (tuesday) in seattle, u-district, around 4:30? pm: black and silver buddy with a bunch of stickers on it (i remember one on the front left that said "RIDE"), heading south on the ave, near cellophane square. rider was wearing a black 3/4 helmet, black jacket, black backpack.
think i saw this buddy again yesterday (friday): i was riding mario, heading west on 45th in wallingford around 5:30pm; he was heading east. i was concentrating on the always-tiresome 45th st. rush hour traffic so didn't get a good look, but i thought i recognized the stickers. exchanged "the wave."
This buddy gets around! He/She takes a night class with me at Seattle Central CC. Not sure if we're in the same class though- I haven't seen the owner yet, only this buddy parked outside.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Two black buddy's out side Cool Springs Suzuki. Apparantly like me didn't get everything yesterday when they got their new scoots as well.
MB #2349
mayra

Post by mayra »

saw a black and silver buddy on midlothian today around 7:45am
armacham

Post by armacham »

Kaos wrote:
I'll be visiting family in Chandler, AZ in a couple of weeks. I'm kinda interested to see how many I see. It seems AZ has a great scooter community.
Yeah we have the right weather for sure.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I saw a Tangerine Buddy headed east on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy this morning around 7:00ish. Looked like a male rider, but a bit hard to tell with raingear.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:I saw becktastic this morning leaving the neighborhood.

Yep I saw you walking your dog :) You will probably see me more often on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, because my schedule just got bumped an hour earlier. Still haven't seen your Buddy! We should go on a little ride sometime.
Lift heavy eat clean!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Yesterday I saw a male rider on red Buddy waiting behind a Sun Tran bus around 3pm going East on Speedway near 6th.

Then around 5 I was headed to Scoot Over to pick up my Prima milk crate (it looks so classy!) I got up behind a red Stella going East on Broadway. When we stopped at the light I yelled "Nice Stella!" and he turned around and chatted with me til the light turned green. :) I keep having nice conversations at stop lights.
Lift heavy eat clean!