OT: My Two Favorite Things Together... Beer and Scooters...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

WINE COOLERS!!!!
italiaguy

Post by italiaguy »

Someone say Beer and Scooters...
Attachments
HeinekenScooter.JPG
HeinekenScooter.JPG (27.59 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

verdecalavera wrote:one of these things is not like the other
MikieTaps wrote:WINE COOLERS!!!!

My wife does not like beer. It's really her only flaw.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Orange Guy wrote:
verdecalavera wrote:one of these things is not like the other
MikieTaps wrote:WINE COOLERS!!!!

My wife does not like beer. It's really her only flaw.
I know how you feel. Try this...

My girlfriend hates beer, and I hate olive. I LOVE beer and she LOVES olives. Now to train each other... Anytime I have an olive, or she has a sip of beer, She had to have a sip of beer or I have to eat an olive. It genius! We have been training eachother! and it actually works!
baseballfan1977

beer, beer, beer

Post by baseballfan1977 »

get there while you can mike....On the other side of the Fremont bridge, the Saloon has Dechutes Black Butte XX 10% yall!
dorian

Post by dorian »

I prefer to be buried in a casket made from my cheap-ass PBR cans.

sunbunny

Post by sunbunny »

I've never been a beer person unless it was in a beer bong... Too quick to taste anything! :shock:
I'll take my chocolate milk any day...milk, vodka, and kahlua (white russian) and for a little caffeine add coke (colorado bulldog). Throw in ice in a blender for adult smoothie! Who needs fruit? :D
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

How about Heileman's Old Style? I never had this until a few weeks ago, and it isn't really bad so long as it's ice cold.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

In my drinking days one of the favored brands of wine was Red Dagger imported to less civilized regions from Montgomery, Alabama. The 11:45 batches always seemed to be the best. Never found any hair in those.

The only micro brews were those made at home. Powerful stuff.

:goofy:
sotied

Post by sotied »

MikieTaps wrote:mmmmm the other beer i am drinking tonite.

Have I been drinking or are all these photos a little blurry?

On a sad beer note, I didn't plan ahead and will be missing the Belgian Beer Festival in Boston this weekend. Didn't realize that people come from all over the world for this thing.

It's 100 beers, 2 oz. test glasses, $40 a head.

Criminy. I'm gonna have to do some tasting at home.

Right now I have a Harpoon UFO Raspberry (it's a Hefeweizen) open on the table next to me and I'm planning a delightful dinner of Bleu Cheese Burger and Julius Echter.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Jeff • #2163
Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunter (see Gallery!)
http://www.jeffcutler.com
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

gt1000 wrote:
oh, Flat tire--it's ok. There is a lot of hype about it that I don't agree with....
Fat Tire is New Belgium's populist brew. If you really want a taste of what these guys are capable of brewing, try Trippel Ale, La Folie wood aged beer, 1554 black ale or Abbey Belgian style ale. Their Blue Paddle Pils is pretty special as well.

Given the complexity and intensity of the above brews, it's really kind of sad that Fat Tire is the one they're known for. It's good, but some of their other brews are ethereal.
Don't forget 2below, don't like Fat Tire, and wasn't too impressed with La Folie.
Best one out right now is Lagunita's Imperial Red, it was just released last week.
anyone try filling the pet carrier with ice and throwing a few bottles in it?
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
kc2klq

Post by kc2klq »

verdecalavera wrote:one of these things is not like the other:

hahah... thats for sure...

at least its not...

umm... hmm... uhh, what I'm drinking... :(
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

I make beer with a friend and I think we've made stuff to rival others, I like those 750ml craft beers that you hold on to for 6 months a bit (made 5 gallons of imperial IPA (about 12% with ethanol extracted hops), but I've been digging lagers on and off recently. I think a honey wheat is next into the carboy, that'll be the last of our warm weather beers. I also sometimes help out Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery at beer fests. I was camping out after the Russian River Revival beer fest and ended up drinking for hours with the guys from North Coast and Eel River, worst hang over of my life.
Maybe ppl are getting headaches because these beers are real beers, I'm pretty sure that Budweiser is just sparkling sake (made with rice).
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Orange Guy wrote: My wife does not like beer. It's really her only flaw.
My wife does not like me! It is NOT her only flaw.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I am not proud to say that I am at my limit of Bud Light Lime and Blue Moon ... I feel like high school all over again.

Really. If the cops knocked on my door right now, I'd climb out the back window and crawl over the fence.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

woot beer!
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

ScooterTrash wrote:This is what I keep on tap
Word sucka!

I'm a big fan of this too,
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

gt1000 wrote:
oh, Flat tire--it's ok. There is a lot of hype about it that I don't agree with....
Fat Tire is New Belgium's populist brew. If you really want a taste of what these guys are capable of brewing, try Trippel Ale, La Folie wood aged beer, 1554 black ale or Abbey Belgian style ale. Their Blue Paddle Pils is pretty special as well.

Given the complexity and intensity of the above brews, it's really kind of sad that Fat Tire is the one they're known for. It's good, but some of their other brews are ethereal.
Boy am I late to this topic! Abbey Ale is soooo yummy! I adore Mac & Jack too - but can't get it in Olympia :( that I know of anyway. I really like Blue Moon's White Belgian ale (think I have the name right)... and this nice bottle of Our Daily Red organic No Sulfite wine that's open right beside me.... verbosity ensues.....
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
Rob

Post by Rob »

verdecalavera wrote:one of these things is not like the other:

I'm a fan of those Wisconsin's beers. I noticed the New Glarus brews in the pic. I was at their brewery last year and it's good stuff. But my brew of choice would be:
Attachments
Leinie.gif
Leinie.gif (15.73 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
arrogantbastard.jpg
arrogantbastard.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Last edited by Rob on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Strange... While reading this post, 2 things occurred:

1) Opened bottle of Newcastle
2) Am suddenly wanting to visit The Flying Saucer in Ft. Worth to "sample" different brews
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

StacyB wrote:Strange... While reading this post, 2 things occurred:

1) Opened bottle of Newcastle
2) Am suddenly wanting to visit The Flying Saucer in Ft. Worth to "sample" different brews
First: I Love Newcastle, it's always my default beer if I can't make a quick decision.
Second: Flying Saucer was a little bit of a let down for me, especially after hearing all the hype. There's a new bar on Camp Bowie, called The Gingerman Pub, that has the same selections if not more, less college frat boys, and a better atmosphere. It's West of Montgomery St. where Rick's on the Bricks used to be.
Go Team Venture!
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Love Fat Tire.
Love Spotted Cow.
Favorite beer is still Finnegan's Irish Amber.

That being said, I likes me a good IPA from time to time.
Visited the Surly Brewery on Friday. Brought home a growler of Furious.
Mmmmmm....hoppy goodness.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

Right now I have a Harpoon UFO Raspberry (it's a Hefeweizen) open on the table next to me and I'm planning a delightful dinner of Bleu Cheese Burger and Julius Echter.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I am from & used to live in Boston (12 years ago)...the beer I miss the most is Harpoon Winter Warmer. They don't ship it further than Ohio :cry: .
When it comes out in amonth or so, SEND ME A CASE!!!!
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

Heh, maybe we should start our own beer of the month club and send each other a bottle of our favorite brew :lol: JK but all this talk of raspberry beers and IPAs and ales etc are making my mouth water :cry:
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
ScooterMcGee

Post by ScooterMcGee »

R.McLeod wrote:
First: I Love Newcastle, it's always my default beer if I can't make a quick decision.
Second: Flying Saucer was a little bit of a let down for me, especially after hearing all the hype. There's a new bar on Camp Bowie, called The Gingerman Pub, that has the same selections if not more, less college frat boys, and a better atmosphere. It's West of Montgomery St. where Rick's on the Bricks used to be.
Oh a G-Man Pub you are a lucky man I was a constant purveyor of the G-man in Dallas its a fantastic pub.
And if the county we invented will fall from grace
I guess we'll have to fly away in our own space...Think Locally ..F*ck Globally
I was once asked If I were a tattoo what would I be?... I responded Id be a teardrop Tattoo under a bloodshot eye.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I just got back from the bar for some beer and pool. I had some Magic Hat #9 (always good) and something else they had on tap (forgot the name of it) that was dark and tasted very much like bitter mangoes. Strange.
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
Queen

Post by Queen »

Went to a beer tasting last weekend, found out that yes I do hate wheat beers/fruit beers/smoked beer (imagine beer with a good dose of liquid smoke -gag). Still love the ales, porters, stouts...I'll be opening a nice Beamish in an hour or so.
rablack

Post by rablack »

The G-man in Houston (the original I think) has been my home pub for 20 years! I'm also brewing my own these days. If you get a chance, should also try the St. Arnold's brewery's beers (local Houston brewer) if you can - great stuff.
Scooterist, lawyer, double bassist www.traveler-music.com
Tenchi

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...

Post by Tenchi »

Sierra Nevada Pale is good stuff, but I am biased since my nephew is employed at the brewery in Chico, CA. Also like Rasputin Ale (over 9% alcohol), but in moderation, of course.
kivrot

Post by kivrot »

No one mentioned:

(Not my fav, but nifty label)
gigi

beer?

Post by gigi »

I'm no good with cameras but you hit a hot button with brew. Eric, esters in the brewing and yeasts, and wheat and almost anything else can give you a headache. Old Rasputin is a real good step up from guinness and left hand milk stout. In my beer fridge now Ive got som SHINER SMOKE HOUSE AND SHINER FROST AS well as bock. Rougue JOhn John ale (aged in bourbon kegs and really good), Stone arrogant bastard (some say named for me) some other stone smoked porter, some north coast beers (Acme) etc., some home brew , some left hand fade to black and a few others. Did you know that some time back Bud bought a big share of Modelo (Corona) and both are now owned buy the company that makes that black Brazillian beer xandu or whatever. It's all good. some is just better.
armed, dangerous, and off his medication
SpinQueen

Post by SpinQueen »

Boddingtons please
hairball

Post by hairball »

Trappist monks make some fantastic beer!
Only 7 monasteries are certified to make Trappist beer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer

Chimay (blue label) 9% alcohol by volume -"abv"- This is the beer I started comparing other beer to.

A very good Polish beer I found called - WARKA, 7.5% abv. -cost- $2.50 pint - vs - $4.50 for 11oz. Chimay
So far - WARKA Rocks!

Trappist Rochefort 10 - Good strong! full bodied, strong! balanced, strong! -11.5% abv... the trick for a good beer is hide the strong alcohol taste, this beer does a nice job, I felt like I was drinking a really good beer from the 13th Century - I'd buy it again.
If trees screamed when they were cut, We would stop cutting them down...
If they screamed all the time... We would cut them all down!
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

My favorite beer is FREE beer....

this is what I had this past weekend...

32oz Miller Light & PBR... yes at the same time...
they were handed to me by friends... a good friend doesn't turn down FREE beer...
Attachments
cold beer on a muggy night =:)
cold beer on a muggy night =:)
free beer.JPG (56.45 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
TVB

Post by TVB »

I'm a beer snob from way back, but IMHO Lite and PBR both have a valid place in any beer drinker's consumption. However they do have to be A) very cold, and B) very free. :)