Jackie F

Seattle: Westender's rally

Post by Jackie F »

Any one going?

Westenders First Annual Rally

http://www.westenders.org/rally.html
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

i might be going to some of the events... not sure tho.
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

If the weather isn't crummy, I'll be there for the Saturday ride. I only got my scooter last week, so it'll definitely be interesting to ride with other scooterists.
jkelsch

Post by jkelsch »

I might show up to the meet and greet on Friday with my Italia, but got something planned for Saturday, and I work Sunday.
nrg70

Post by nrg70 »

I'm going to the Salmon Bake at Golden Gardens on Saturday. My friend who I usually ride around with wont be around this weekend, so I am going to go alone, but looking forward to meeting other scoot enthusiasts! I live in north seattle, so I am skipping the group ride there from West Seattle, just gonna show up and meet everyone there! I hope to see more MB peeps! :D
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

im gonna try hard to be there! :D
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

I live close to Seattle Center where I can hear Bumbershoot noise and I'm not a big fan of Bumbershoot.

Must get out of the apartment.
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

I talked to one of the Westenders over e-mail, and asked what to bring for the Saturday ride. Here's the reply:

Just $15 for a Rally Bag (includes patch, dinner ticket, raffle ticket, and lots of goodies) and be ready for fun!

Not bad for a patch, a salmon bake at Golden Gardens, plus covering the cost of them doing this again next year.

Oh, one other thing: I was concerned about keeping up on my Roughhouse, and they said that they're totally fine with 50cc scooters coming along, so this doesn't sound like some sort of high-speed dash.

See you all there! I'll be the cautious, nervous looking guy on the blue Roughhouse with temporary plates.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

yeah the west enders are very sophisticated and safe riders. They never really speed or run lights etc... with the group. Very family friendly.
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

I went on the Tour di Mari today, and I've gotta give huge props to the Westenders for putting on a great event! The organization of the ride was top-notch, and they kept us together very well. Even my 50cc didn't feel left behind. At the end of the ride, the food was beyond overboard, with grilled salmon and other goodies.

This was my first rally, but I'll definitely do what I can to attend it again next year. Thanks!
tsg

new on the scene

Post by tsg »

anyone want to ride...