[NBR] What's your favorite hangover cure?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scottycap

[NBR] What's your favorite hangover cure?

Post by Scottycap »

I have a wicked hangover from playing the VEEP Debate Drinking Game last night and was just wondering what your favorite/most effective cure is after a night on the piss.[/b]
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

No problem at all for the last 20 years. Its called abstinence. I hate hangovers.
cadillaczac

Post by cadillaczac »

Greasy food, preferably mexican, and malt liquor, works everytime.
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
docutech

Post by docutech »

3 ibuprophens.

UGH, don't even ask me about last night... :roll:
eldoroddo

Post by eldoroddo »

Lemon-lime flavored Alka-Seltzer.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

I don't really get wicked hangovers but if I had a bit to much of a good time the night before a couple cups of hot organic green tea does the trick. Also drink plenty of water, preferably before you go to sleep. Hang overs are usually brought on by the alcohol and sodium dehydrating your body.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
Scottycap

Post by Scottycap »

eldoroddo wrote:Lemon-lime flavored Alka-Seltzer.
Hmmm... never tried that one. Had I not been working today it would have been a gatorade (fruit punch), 4 ibuprofen and a bloody mary...then 4 more hours of sleep.
ScooterMcGee

Post by ScooterMcGee »

Draino.....It works every time.
And if the county we invented will fall from grace
I guess we'll have to fly away in our own space...Think Locally ..F*ck Globally
I was once asked If I were a tattoo what would I be?... I responded Id be a teardrop Tattoo under a bloodshot eye.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

It's all about prevention. Hydrate (drink lots of water) throughout the drinking period. Don't mix your alcohols and avoid the super-sugary stuff like champagne. Take 2 Alleve before crashing.

If I do get hungover, I go for black coffee and the spiciest, greasiest Mexican breakfast I can find. It really does little to fix it other than make me a little happier overall. That's good enough.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

This is going to sound silly, but ... Pedialite. Yup. The juice/popsicles for babies. It tastes a little gross but it works pretty well.

Oh and a roll through the late-night drive through for some french fries before bed. Duh.
betsy q. bramble

p.s. I hope "maverick" wasn't your shot word last night...ugh.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

betsy q. bramble wrote:p.s. I hope "maverick" wasn't your shot word last night...ugh.
Mine were "nukular," "darn" and "committee."

[Obligatory admin reminder not to take this thread in a political direction if you're tempted to comment on the debate itself.]
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

Just don't drink too much or too fast. I enjoy a nice drink (hence my avatar and user name) but I never over do it. I've only been drunk once and that was enough to keep me from doing it again. Throwing up and feeling terrible aren't my ideas of fun.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

About six good tokes from an oxygen tank will knock out even the fiercest hangover. i learned that remedy while working on a fire/rescue team that operated at sports car tracks in New England.
betsy q. bramble

ericalm wrote:
betsy q. bramble wrote:p.s. I hope "maverick" wasn't your shot word last night...ugh.
Eric you must have been wasted...Mrs. Pitstop was dropping "nukular" all over the place! It was driving my boo craaaazy!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

never sober up no problem
ScooterMcGee

Post by ScooterMcGee »

ericalm wrote:[

[Obligatory admin reminder not to take this thread in a political direction if you're tempted to comment on the debate itself.]
I had Ahmendinijad and Betcha...
And if the county we invented will fall from grace
I guess we'll have to fly away in our own space...Think Locally ..F*ck Globally
I was once asked If I were a tattoo what would I be?... I responded Id be a teardrop Tattoo under a bloodshot eye.
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

Like everyone says hydrate before.... but if your like me you realize this only AFTER you have the hangover. Sports drinks work and water works but take a vitamin to help put back minerals. What I do is drink V8, take a multivitamin, and small ammounts of water.

You can just smoke/eat pot! It's great, everything is funny, anything you eat is the best thing ever, and no hangover! There problem sovled!

We played an alternative game..... bong hits for everyone after Palin winked! It was fun!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

a few rips off a bong helps everything
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:a few rips off a bong helps everything
Excellent, but for those who prefer alcohol, here is a quick fix that I used to use. If you wake up with a hangover just drink 75/25 tomato juice and beer. Then have a 50/50 tomato juice and beer. Then 25/75 tomato juice and beer. Now just have a beer, the hangover is gone or at least postponed and the party has started again.

OMG - LOOK OUT - BONG WATER!
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

2x Emergen-C
Chock full o'vitamins and tastes good.
Then I move on to greasy pizza and a can of coke poured over ice.

Extreme days, Pedia-Lite or Aloe Vera Juice. (can be found in health food store)

If access is available, after hydrating, hydrating, hydrating--go to steam room. Sweat that crap out.

Feel better now? Have a shot of Bushmills on me.
Well not on me, but with me.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Except reaction time, hand eye coordination, judgment and all the other stuff you'd need to have a good post-drinking hangover scooter ride! :P
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

ericalm wrote:
Except reaction time, hand eye coordination, judgment and all the other stuff you'd need to have a good post-drinking hangover scooter ride! :P
whaaaaaaaa?????
r

u

(cough, cough)

talkin

bout Errrrrrrrricccccc

heh, see the number of posts this one just made? heh.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Alix B wrote: If access is available, after hydrating, hydrating, hydrating--go to steam room. Sweat that crap out.
Too right Alix!
I hit the sauna several times a week. Two cycles of sweat and cold.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Alix B wrote:heh, see the number of posts this one just made? heh.
Hilarious coincidence!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

mhardgrove wrote:You can just smoke/eat pot! It's great, everything is funny, anything you eat is the best thing ever, and no hangover! There problem sovled!
I don't know about that. I have had "special" brownies on three occasions. The first time, I gained the ability to teleport. Which lasted as a weird hangover the entire day after. The second time I barely drank anything, but ate several brownies. I turned into a zombie. I was freaking out inside, but I couldn't move my body. Somehow I got outside and threw up everywhere. I slept 12 hours. I swore not to do that again, but I went to Amsterdam and couldn't resist. These women are famous for their brownies after all! I ate it, I went to the museum, saw spots, laughed maniacally for 15 minutes and then slept away an entire vacation day. o_O
Lift heavy eat clean!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

mhardgrove wrote:You can just smoke/eat pot! It's great, everything is funny, anything you eat is the best thing ever, and no hangover! There problem sovled!
Actually, at some point around the age of 28 or so I started getting pot hangovers. Maybe it was that sliding into 30s metabolic change. I dunno. But I can't touch the stuff. I was never that much of a stoner anyways, so it wasn't a huge lifestyle change (as it would have been for some people I know). Just chalked it up to "one more thing ruined for me by age."
Tenchi

Try Chaser....in the painkiller section at your pharmacy...

Post by Tenchi »

Supposed to PREVENT hangovers....I haven't had one in years but a lightweight friend of mine swears by it.
sunbunny

Post by sunbunny »

Throw up, brush teeth, mouth wash, and/or have sex... Normally takes mind off hangover.. drink water/gatorade.. go back to sleep.
The oxygen thing does work...some bars have oxygen bars so stop there before you leave.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I always sort of wondered what an oxygen bar was for. They're practically giving that sh** away on the street!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

fast 5k. At least then you have a good reason to feel crappy.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Hydration as many have mentioned is key during the drinking and immediately after. Most miss that opportunity though, as have I, and I have found that upon waking with a hangover this works. I take a pair of ibuprofin with a caffinated beverage(coke for me) then drink a gatorade/water mix steadily and rest until the pain killers have kicked in. If I can't rest I minimize my activity as much as possible. One additional thing if the ibuprofin have had little to no effect after an hour to an hour and a half I take a dose of Tylenol. word to the wise though this will relax you so if you are prone to drowsiness then don't do this step if you have to be alert.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
kathygnome

Post by kathygnome »

A couple of glasses of gatoraid, a multivitimin, and two ibuprophin. If you do this before you go to sleep, you will never wake up with a hangover, but it will work in the morning as well.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Jake wrote:I always sort of wondered what an oxygen bar was for. They're practically giving that sh** away on the street!
:lol:

Nah, they're ruining that sh** for free on the street.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

DennisD wrote:No problem at all for the last 20 years. Its called abstinence. I hate hangovers.
x2

Good call.
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Twenty-two more 24hr periods until 4yrs of sobriety. When I see my co-workers come in hung over........OMG am I thankful!!!!

Gatorade was a favorite tho!!!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

1) Water
2) Sleep
3) Pet your friend's housecat
4) Obsessively message your internet friends
5) Hang out on ModernBuddy.com

Dang, Chicago...you are a HELLUVA town! :bleh:
ModBud #442
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

WATER ALWAYS HELPS!

my bday was on oct. 4 and the night before, well...it was quite a night, water is key to headaches and food also.
armacham

Post by armacham »

newslinky wrote:Hydration as many have mentioned is key during the drinking and immediately after. Most miss that opportunity though, as have I, and I have found that upon waking with a hangover this works. I take a pair of ibuprofin with a caffinated beverage(coke for me) then drink a gatorade/water mix steadily and rest until the pain killers have kicked in. If I can't rest I minimize my activity as much as possible. One additional thing if the ibuprofin have had little to no effect after an hour to an hour and a half I take a dose of Tylenol. word to the wise though this will relax you so if you are prone to drowsiness then don't do this step if you have to be alert.
Don't take tylenol if you have alcohol in your system. It has a synergistic effect with the alcohol that can cause permanent liver damage.
brettro

Post by brettro »

a bloody mary or two, ibuprofen, and lots and lots of water.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

brettro wrote:a bloody mary or two, ibuprofen, and lots and lots of water.
Leave off the ibuprofen and the water. After two bloody marys or two poor man's bloody marys the party is on again. Don't waste water, they're not making any more of it.
dorian

Post by dorian »

I subscribe to the "sober-up slowly" school of hangover cures. You know, hair of the dog and all that. Hangovers only happen when you are sober (or getting too close to being sober).
Tricia

Post by Tricia »

dorian wrote:I subscribe to the "sober-up slowly" school of hangover cures. You know, hair of the dog and all that. Hangovers only happen when you are sober (or getting too close to being sober).
+1
always drunk= no hangover
Ventura County Scooter Club
bunny

Post by bunny »

Two breakfast burritos from Taco Cabana (preferably chorizo & egg) on the way home. Big glass of water before bed with two Aleve's. Sleep. Big glass of water in the morning. CRISPY PAN FRIED BACON. Many slices of it. One piece of toast. One glass of orange juice (I prefer pulpy kind).

That should do it.

I don't have hangovers. I have a hangover routine.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

etak

Post by etak »

MrNatural wrote:Twenty-two more 24hr periods until 4yrs of sobriety.

Congrats!!!
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

ericalm wrote:Don't mix your alcohols and avoid the super-sugary stuff like champagne. Take 2 Alleve before crashing.
Oh oh, Eric. Decent champagne isn't super-sugary or even off dry. Have you been buying anniversary champagne for your sweetie at the 7-11? You should get her a bottle of Perrier-Jouet brut. No hangovers there and I'm sure she is worth it !
Scottycap

Post by Scottycap »

Wow...great responses guys!!!

Unfortunately, I'm a competitor and I pulled another one last night with the presedential debate. Fortunately I did NOT have to work this morning so I used my old standby of two bloody marias (tequila instead of vodka) and a half gallon of water and 5 hours of sleep...worked like a dream.
Spinergy

Post by Spinergy »

The crazy cool BBC television show Brainiac [think Mythbusters with human guinea pigs] did a great episode on the best hangover cures. Their kinda' scientific results?

Best preventative? As several have mentioned a couple of big glasses of water and some tylenol before bed [or bathroom floor :bleh: , lawn, wherever you decide to sleep].

Best morning after cure? A greasy fry up, aka full English breakfast. Basically the worse for your arteries the better for your head.
Christy

Post by Christy »

bean & cheese burrito
EPSP #76
maribell

Post by maribell »

Greasy food. and a morning ride. however, despite having both these things at the rally last weekend, it didn't fix me.