Seeing more Buddies

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Seeing more Buddies

Post by ericalm »

Yep, I'm starting to see more Buds around town. Today I saw a cream one with a chrome front rack. We may need to form an LA Buddy group soon!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
axiom007

Post by axiom007 »

Can ex-L.A. people participate?
If you are gonna do it, make darn sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
ebcspace

more buds around town !

Post by ebcspace »

haven't seen any other buddys out near the LA county / pomona valley borders yet... yet have seen other scooters around...

perhaps the dealers can implant tracking devices to track the breeding and various stages of development of the local buddy wildlife.

reminds me of a "be the creature" episode, of banded mongooses, where this huge clan of a family would always look after each other, and make moves as a group, kind of like watching really young kids play soccer, where the mass of kids are all chasing the ball.

by the way, if you have netflix, "be the creature" episodes are awesome !

:wink:

local buddy clans are bound to form ! there's a scooter dealership nearby, whos owner said he plans to sell buddys soon.. allpropowersports.
they just relocated, so business is probably a bit slower for a while, which i'd imagine might delay taking on a new brand. they sell kymco and bajaj, among others.
scoot on!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

axiom007 wrote:Can ex-L.A. people participate?
Sure, if you can make it out for the rides. ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Apparently a lot of Buddy's sell at our local shop (POC), but I think they migrate to the suburbs right away b/c I never see them (except that guy on the black one with the backpack, well and other guy on the black one...my spouse) . they must disperse right away
SirLexelot

Post by SirLexelot »

I'm definitely down for a Buddy gang in L.A. -- I finally took and passed the MSF course, and I'll be getting my official license tomorrow. So now I intend to do a lot more riding.

Look for an orange Buddy 125 with a rear rack and a white milk crate attached to it! That's me ;-)
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Buds seem to be selling very well in and around Denver because I've seen a bunch. I've spotted 50's and 125's in every color, moving and parked, although I've probably seen more orange ones than any other color. That was when the weather was still decent though. Once it got cold, the only other scoot I see regularly on my commute through the Highlands is the same white or silver Vespa LX or ET. He beeps, I wave. :)
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
brat

Post by brat »

I am seeing a ton of Buddys, but I never see them being rode. Just parked.

There is one black one at school in the mornings and I have seen 2 orange buddys (not counting mine) when I leave school. I see these scooters basicly daily. But I have seen lots of orange, a couple of pink, a few black. I don't think I have seen a cream one other than at the dealer.

Susan
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

I'm down for the gang...we already have 2 regulars with Buddys in the Reflections too, with Ericalm as a sometimes 3rd...
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I'm still the only one on Fort Carson, but I did see a fellow on a scooter, heading downtown, when we were on our way home from buying mine.

Did get yapped at by a strange woman on base yesterday though. She said she wanted one, a small one, like mine, but that would go faster, and I tried to explain what she would have to do and suggested a 125cc (after getting her Motorcycle licence), but she then said "I want a small one".

I just smiled and went on. I sometimes feel like I'm riding around on a one man spaceship. :roll: :rofl:
Keys

Post by Keys »

...as far as I know, mine is still the only one in central/northern Arizona.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
markontour

Post by markontour »

I went to the grocery store the other day and pulled my cream buddy right up next to an orange one. That was pretty cool -- especially since I have only had mine since the 2nd.