Portlanders: anyone like to ride on Saturday?

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Portlanders: anyone like to ride on Saturday?

Post by Portland_Rider »

Hi Portlanders,

Would anyone with a license like to ride on Saturday?

I'm emphasizing license since I'm playing by the rules. I have my permit and insurance. My thoughts are that if an accident happens and I'm without a licensed cyclist to guide me as is required by law, my insurance may not cover me and I don't want any state fines either.

Let me know,

PR

Post by broke »

Hi PR. That sounds fun to me... Unfortunately my Saturdays seem totally overwhelmed with kid stuff (soccer games and HS marching band).

Have you checked out this group? I haven't made it to one of their meetups yet, but I hope to.
http://vespas.meetup.com/113/

I was hoping to find another Buddy owner to ride with at least once so I can listen to their bike. Mine sounds pretty "hoarse" and seems to burn fuel faster than it should. I'm probably just paranoid after only 400mi, but it would be interesting to compare.
Debbie Sharp

Saturday Ride

Post by Debbie Sharp »

I'd love to ride on Saturday, October 11th. I have my license endorsement and insurance. So that would be great. What is the weather suppose to be like? Where do ou usually ride and what part of Portland do you live in?

Let me know!

Debbie Sharp
pdsharp2@comcast.net
broke

Post by broke »

The weather is supposed to be great this weekend... unfortunately I'll be filling my duty as a chaperone on a HS marching band trip to Spokane, WA.

If the weather is still nice on Sunday when I get back home I plan on riding until my bum hurts though!
Debbie Sharp

Post by Debbie Sharp »

broke wrote:The weather is supposed to be great this weekend... unfortunately I'll be filling my duty as a chaperone on a HS marching band trip to Spokane, WA.

If the weather is still nice on Sunday when I get back home I plan on riding until my bum hurts though!
I'm game for Sunday too if you are, if the weather is nice. I haven't had much practice in wet weather yet, although I have all the rain gear. If you feel like Sunday - tell me when and where.
broke

Post by broke »

That would be great! I tried to find some ideas for trips but just have the typical stuff. (zoo, rose garden, arboretum, etc.)

According to my kid's schedule we leave Spokane at 10pm on Saturday night and arrive at 5am on Sunday morning... I'll need a few hours before I am rip rearing and ready to go. By noon I'll be good! (and it will be warmer then too!)

So, anyone else want to go for a ride on Sunday?

Any suggestions on the trip? Or meeting locations? Or _FOOD_ along the way!
Debbie Sharp

Sunday Ride

Post by Debbie Sharp »

broke wrote:That would be great! I tried to find some ideas for trips but just have the typical stuff. (zoo, rose garden, arboretum, etc.)

According to my kid's schedule we leave Spokane at 10pm on Saturday night and arrive at 5am on Sunday morning... I'll need a few hours before I am rip rearing and ready to go. By noon I'll be good! (and it will be warmer then too!)

So, anyone else want to go for a ride on Sunday?

Any suggestions on the trip? Or meeting locations? Or _FOOD_ along the way!
I realized that I made prior arrangements for Sunday. I'm taking my 98 1/2 year old mother-in-law shopping. So I can't ride on Sunday. I was so looking forward to it though. Oh well, maybe we can try for early next Saturday or Sunday. Keep me posted. I'll try to think of a route to follow. Lake Oswego is good and so is the Hillsboro area. Lots of back roads.
broke

Post by broke »

No worries Debbie.

I ended up driving the equipment truck for the marching band back through the night (10pm to 5am drive). I was able to get out and scoot today, but not until about 1pm or so.

I went downtown via Burnside and stopped at Columbia Scooters and a game store that I have always wanted to see. I still don't know my way around downtown very well. I ended up on a dead end street underneath the Burnside bridge. I'm not a city boy and the locals didn't seem friendly so I u-turned outta there! I've lived here for 17 years... you'd think I'd know my way around a little better.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:No worries Debbie.

I ended up driving the equipment truck for the marching band back through the night (10pm to 5am drive). I was able to get out and scoot today, but not until about 1pm or so.

I went downtown via Burnside and stopped at Columbia Scooters and a game store that I have always wanted to see. I still don't know my way around downtown very well. I ended up on a dead end street underneath the Burnside bridge. I'm not a city boy and the locals didn't seem friendly so I u-turned outta there! I've lived here for 17 years... you'd think I'd know my way around a little better.
Heh, there tends to be a large homeless population under the Burnside bridge. Some are friendly, some not so :)

Anyone want to do a end of october haloweenish ride if the weather is good(Or even if it's not!)?
broke

Post by broke »

My Frogg Toggs should be arriving this week... so I'm in! Of course you'd need to keep your scoot at half-throttle Kaos if I was to keep up with you!

Unfortunately my Saturdays are totally screwed up because of soccer games and marching band competitions. Sundays are pretty much open.

The meetup.com group that meets at Vespa of Portland is doing a ride to Sauvie Island this Saturday... unfortunately it's saturday so I can't make it, but others here might be interested.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:My Frogg Toggs should be arriving this week... so I'm in! Of course you'd need to keep your scoot at half-throttle Kaos if I was to keep up with you!

Unfortunately my Saturdays are totally screwed up because of soccer games and marching band competitions. Sundays are pretty much open.

The meetup.com group that meets at Vespa of Portland is doing a ride to Sauvie Island this Saturday... unfortunately it's saturday so I can't make it, but others here might be interested.
Heh, I promise I'll keep it slow enough everyone can keep up ;)

This saturday is out for me, as I'm outa town and buddyless that day. :(