mirrors

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Griffphoto

mirrors

Post by Griffphoto »

I am having some trouble with the Buddy 125 mirrors. I have to look down to check the lanes and I worry about that split-second of not watching the road. It's tough to get a quick glance being tall and lanky. Has anyone tried the longer stem mirrors that are available from Genuine? I saw them mentioned on Just Gotta Scoot with the Buddy 125 review and thought they might help out. I also wondered if they were wider than the originals or just higher.

Thanks

PG
I'm just here for the food.

BSS #120
MB #3269
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Just higher and out more. They arent bigger in terms of the mirror itself.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

sometimes the angle of the mirror stem makes a big difference, some dealers aren't too careful about how they line them up. Try loosening the base of the stem and rotating it forward or backward to see if it helps. Try a few different positions, it's not really intuitive, sometimes really weird angles give you more range of vision.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Also, the mirrors themselves do rotate out—they just require some steady force to adjust. What year is your 125? If it's an '08 then you already have the wider mirror stems and would have to look for some alternatives.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Griffphoto

mirrors

Post by Griffphoto »

mine is an 2007, I'll keep tweeking with them.

Thanks

PG
I'm just here for the food.

BSS #120
MB #3269
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

Get some bar end mirrors. I added one to my bike and it made a world of difference. They connect to the end of the handle bars. I can now see directly behind me. I don't think I could ride without them anymore. I have some pictures of one installed on my Blur.

http://www.windmeadow.com/node/52
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

I would order the longer mirrors if I were you. You won't believe how much of a difference it will make.
You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! :D
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

I put the longer mirrors on my 2007 and it made a world of difference. I can now see what's behind me instead of my shoulders. Another solution is to add a windshield where the mounting tabs put the mirrors out further.