What group has the friendliest riders?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Legend

What group has the friendliest riders?

Post by Legend »

I have been keeping track, for the past three months, of people who wave first or wave back while riding. Below are the results from a not overly extensive study, however, I am seeing a trend here. The list is broken down in terms of type of rider, number of riders for that group and then number of riders who would wave first or back to me. (I grouped the waves together since there is really no difference as long as you get a wave)

Sport bikes- 317 total--------46 waves-------14.5%
Cruisers- 1143 total------823 waves------72%
adv riders- 23 total---------22 waves-------95.6%
scooters- 366 total--------169 waves------46.1%

From this chart we can surmise, scooter riders are not the friendliest riders on the road. If you want to come up with justifications as to why this is, have at it. It is mearly a study, not my numbers.

(note: I am in outside sales and ride my scooter on average of about 60 to 70 miles a day. I live in the Valley of the Sun so the weather is nice for riding 360 days a year) This study was done over a three month period from July 1st, 2008 to September 30th, 2008.
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

What is an "adv rider"?
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
mayra

Post by mayra »

how did you track this?!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

adv riders were trying to flag you down to find out if you had any spare gas or batteries for their gps.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Orange Guy wrote:What is an "adv rider"?
People on these -
Legend

Post by Legend »

Orange Guy wrote:What is an "adv rider"?
Adv= Adventure. People hwo ride bikes that are enduro spec. They are alot of fun. Think the rattler of the bike world just with alot longer range and more capabilities. A great moive was done on a round the world trip. Go buy "long way around". Its actually amazing what these bikes and riders can do.
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Legend

Post by Legend »

mayra wrote:how did you track this?!
The tracking was very scientific. I have a small pad of paper I use for work and decided to start tracking. I wrote down what I wanted to track and made a small graph. Then I used a slash mark in the area I wanted to mark. Even if there was a 5% +/-.....the numbers are the numbers. I am pretty factious when it comes to this stuff.
Steve Irwin
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

And 57.3% placed safety over a greeting.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
mayra

Post by mayra »

that's pretty awesome. i can't think about ANYTHING but what i'm doing when i'm riding :roll:

i get distracted too easily
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

I would say you conclusions sound about right. Sport bike guys are usually the too macho FTW type. Cruisers are usually folks who embrace the whole motorcycle life style and are familiar with the wave, same goes for ADV Riders. Many scooter folks got there bikes for pure utility use. Especially within the past year. They know little of the Scooter/Motor Cycle lifestyle and may not understand that you expect a wave back. There are also so many newer riders out there that are just plain uncomfortable about taking their hands of the bars. My experiences are similar to yours. I get waves from almost all cruisers, 0 sport bikes, and maybe half the scooters I see. I wave to everyone regardless.

Dustin
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I wave to bicyclists because they're on 2 wheels and I used to be one.

Lance is back!
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Friendliness really depends. Most scooterist will wave at me with a few exceptions. During the week in commute time, most don't wave. I guess we have important things on our minds.

However, come Friday afternoon, lots of waves.

I not knocking Vespa again Ericalm, I get less waves from Vespa (snobs :nerd: ?), Honda Elite (who knows why :wtf: ), and Chinese scooter riders (embarrassment? :oops: ). But Buddy riders nearly fall off scooters waving at other scooter riders.

MC riders generally ignore you unless your cruising highway 101. The Harley and sport bikers generally always ignore scooters.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
dorian

Post by dorian »

Scooterist scratching on paper while riding - 1 total -------- 0 waves ---- 0%

Darn scribbling scooterists
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

I found out the other day that hot headed 50 something men driving Jaguars get really mad when you give them the finger for cutting you off. I had no idea it was my fault for being in the way. Seriously this guy blew a red light in a school zone to catch up to me at the next light. I seriously thought he wanted to fight me even though the whole event was his fault. Then the light turned green i said "I'm done with you goodbye" and he floored it (still in a school zone) and cut me off again on purpose. At least I got the satisfaction of completely ruining his day. Man was he pissed. The funny thing is I was able to find out who he was, and it turns out he's a cousin of a family I'm good friends with. One of which happens to be my lawyer, and the apparently the total dick in a Jaguar's a lawyer too. :lol: . Small world. [/threadjack]

Jaguar driven by ass clown-----------Total swear finger 1----------returned - unchecked hostilitie
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

The first person to wave to me was a sports bike. He honked his horn as he passed across me, while I was stopped at the intersection, to make sure I saw him wave. It made me feel very accepted in the 2 wheel community.

I'm at about a 50% rate, so far, on scooter wavers. I seem to get more waves from those on Chinese scooters. Like those things aren't deadly enough without taking a hand off the bars.
Go Team Venture!
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

djelliott wrote:There are also so many newer riders out there that are just plain uncomfortable about taking their hands of the bars. My experiences are similar to yours. I get waves from almost all cruisers, 0 sport bikes, and maybe half the scooters I see. I wave to everyone regardless.
I fall into the still so new I'm nervous taking my hands off the bars. :oops: It isn't that I don't want to wave, its that riding still takes a good bit of concentration for me. Oh well, as I get more miles ridden, I'll get better about waving. I'll nod at folks and honk, too. I get waves from others on bikes, some cruisers, some sports bikes. I haven't been taking notes on the numbers, though.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Lately I've been fiding the Harley riders aren't so wave friendly.

Most people in my area on Harleys are just the kind of rider true bikers hate - middle aged, probably their first bike, big displacement, small...you know what I mean.

I have nothing against Harleys. I'd love to have one. I feel for true bikers, though, because these new riders have driven the cost up.

If I want to spend that kind of money to join a country club I'd want golf to be included, though.
Queen

Post by Queen »

They're having a "wave" conversation on the Triumph forum right now, the question is "Do you wave to scooter riders". Pretty interesting stuff, lots of them consider scooters beneath them or not real bikes so why bother, some of the "enlightened" guys say if they wave at a scooter "maybe they're stick with it and get on a real motorcycle". :roll:

To me it's just another way riders choose to one-up each other, it does nothing but keep us divided and having endless conversations about who's real, who's a poseur, who's too macho/stuck up, etc. If I'm in a safe situation I wave, no biggie, it's just being friendly.
rajron

Post by rajron »

What category does this fellow belong?
He seems friendly enough.
Attachments
an Angel
an Angel
hells_angels2040_2a.jpg (25.46 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
rickko

Post by rickko »

How do you know how many are the same person on a different day?
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

[broken record]No scooter yet[/broken record] but I'd like to do what Dorian does: Fist bumps to the chest!
I wanted a scooter; ended up buying a motorcycle instead.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

KCScooterDude wrote:Lately I've been fiding the Harley riders aren't so wave friendly.

Most people in my area on Harleys are just the kind of rider true bikers hate - middle aged, probably their first bike, big displacement, small...you know what I mean.

I have nothing against Harleys. I'd love to have one. I feel for true bikers, though, because these new riders have driven the cost up.

If I want to spend that kind of money to join a country club I'd want golf to be included, though.

I have found that Harley bikers almost always wave - they give the long, slow arm-rise that gets about shoulder-high. However the "country club" Harley riders don't wave at all. I can't even get a "waz-up" headshake from them.

My brother has been a Harley biker since the 1970s and laughs at the yuppies who put $25,000 of "upgrades" into their brand-new bikes.
Griffphoto

to wave or not to wave

Post by Griffphoto »

I wave to everybody, I mean we are ALL on 2 wheels. The Harley's will always wave back or wave first, except the one guy who gave me the finger.

The ninja morons are usually going to fast to pay attention.

I practically sprained my arm waving at some dude on a Vespa as we were pulling in / out at a gas station and he just raised his nose and rode off.

I don't think beating on your chest while riding a Buddy is a good idea either.

Just lower your arm and flash a peace sign. You will get it returned.
I'm just here for the food.

BSS #120
MB #3269
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Wow, I get at least return waves from everybody. The only exceptions have been on twisty roads and when I don't think the person saw me.
But of course, I am wearing pink.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

does a head nod count? I am not always in a position to wave (ie manuvering around pot holes etc so I need both hands on the handles)

This is a sad truth-riding the big wheel Kymco equals lots of more waves from motorcycles inc sport bikes than the Buddy. I first noticed following my husband on the People s200. Then we switched bike and I got them. Kind of sad.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Pax wrote:They're having a "wave" conversation on the Triumph forum right now, the question is "Do you wave to scooter riders". Pretty interesting stuff, lots of them consider scooters beneath them or not real bikes so why bother, some of the "enlightened" guys say if they wave at a scooter "maybe they're stick with it and get on a real motorcycle". :roll:

To me it's just another way riders choose to one-up each other, it does nothing but keep us divided and having endless conversations about who's real, who's a poseur, who's too macho/stuck up, etc. If I'm in a safe situation I wave, no biggie, it's just being friendly.
Well, that's interesting. Since I'm a Triumph rider and forum member I think I'll step over there and stir the pot a bit.

Ok, I'm back. Here's the post. I'll probably get yelled at a bit. That won't bother me.
Originally Posted by Baltobonneville
I have to admit, I don't wave at Scooters. It's not snobbery as much as they are just not the same, in their shorts and sandals and often no helmets.

They're not one of us. I wave at motorcyclists, no snobbery intended. And frankly, I mostly can't tell what they're riding as they approach me.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. A lot of those scooter folks are brand new riders that don't know squat about riding except its great fun. If you visit some scooter forums you will find an awful lot of safety conscious people looking for information on gear and how to ride safely. Some of them will be wearing gear after their first minor spill and some won't. A ton of others discuss the MSF courses taken, riding experiences, upgrades, gear, etc. Quite a few scooter forum folks own Triumphs or express their desire to one day be able to afford one. Matter of fact, they talk about the same type of things discussed here.

I own a 2006 Triumph Bonneville that I dearly love and four, that's right, four scooters. They are great fun and definitely the most practical thing to ride around town. My Triumph doesn't get ridden as much because the speed and mileage of my scooters is better in town than the Triumph. Scooter - 65mph - 100mpg and quick off the line. Speed limits only 45 at the highest when commuting. Triumph - Barely get out of third gear - 40-45mpg. As for gear, its the same as when I'm riding my Triumph, ff helmet, gloves, mesh jacket, jeans, boots. You see, there are lots of reasons people ride scooters and money is just one of them. Many one day want to move up and become "one of us". Are the Triumph riders who wear only tennis shoes, wife beater shirt, shorts and a grin "one of us"?

By the way, I wave at everyone on two wheels, no matter the size, style or type. They all have to put up with the same stuff.

Sorry if I seem a tad testy. Well, no, I'm not because you really did sound snobbish to me.

Post by olhogrider »

Scooter riders are by far the friendliest! Just because they may not wave as often as cruisers, says nothing about their friendliness. BTW, lots of sportbike riders are friendly too. Know why they don't wave? Try doing one-handed push ups while being kicked in the crotch. Ok, now wave!
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

Back to the original post...

You do not have enough ADV riders in your town. There should be WAY more ADV riders than that. They ALL wave. ADV riders are the volkswagen bus drivers of this era.

I've been going in phases.

When I ride my KLR650 (ADV rider) I definitely wave at EVERYONE, including anyone who's driving any vehicle I think is cool. The other day a guy went by me driving a Morgan and I nearly waved myself into a broken collarbone.

When I ride my sportbike I make it a point to give a "traffic report" wave. Usually it's a "thumbs up" or a "slow down", in any case it shows the other biker that I'm out to get the most out of this road and I'm giving them the information they might need to "rip it up" the same way I do. Sometimes I'm really not paying attention and I don't know what signal to wave at them, in those cases I always give the thumbs up, because if they go around the next corner and find a cop or a dangerous turn they'll think I must be a hell of a rider.

When I drive my Triumph I don't wave at ANYONE, British motorbikes have a certain "i'm riding for me, not for you" elitism that we must preserve. I also make it a point to only nod at other Triumph or Brit-bike riders. This is easier than you think, normally their headlights are very dim. Most of the time they nod back to aknowledge that I'm doing my part by not waving.

When I ride my BMW I only wave at people who are wearing helmets and appropriate riding gear. By not waving at ill-prepared riders I am showing them my disapproval...it hurts them and makes them regret not riding more responsibly...I know, because other BMW riders have done the same thing to me when I was out riding my bike without my helmet on...it hurt.

When I'm riding a scooter, any scooter I make a special effort to give the low, 2 finger, cool-guy wave. Someone actually explained to me that this symbol means "keep both wheels down" or something similar. Whatever, I don't know what it means, but it's clearly what most of the other "bikers" are doing, and realizing I'm on a scooter, I want to do everything in my power to help our subset fit in among the other "bikers" so I'm basically saying..."I'm just as cool as you...I even know the secret handshake!". That holds true except for when I'm approaching real dangerous-looking bikers on Harleys...the bigger the guy and scruffier the beard, the bigger and more flamboyant my wave. If they're gonna think "Gay", I'm gonna give them their moneys worth.

Phil
POC
Queen

Post by Queen »

OMG Phil, I'm laughing so hard I've got tears in my eyes (you nailed it BTW). :rofl:
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

+1 :rofl:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Legend

Post by Legend »

These are some interesting replys. I was not taking sides, or trying to create adversity, just mearly sharing my data.

To the guy who said I should not be writing while riding. Maybe I am just more comfortable with it than you.

To those who say maybe the scooter riders are just more worried about safety....maybe they should not ride until they can wave. Good god man, its a wave and your hands are off the bars for like 3 seconds. if you cannot take your hands off the bars for 3 seconds, you have no business on the road.

To the guy who has an adventure bike. That is the purest form of riding and as nice as ADV guys are, they are the one group who should be able to be snobs. I ordered a BMW F800GS two days ago and it should be coming in sometime around late December. Needless to say, I doubt I will wave to anyone who is not on a BMW.

I do not keep track to see if people are repeats. It is possible that I am passing a few of the same people time and again. It matters not for the data.

Right now I wave to all...scooters, cruisers, AVD riders and even sport bikes. My arm never goes above my hip and its ALWAYS the low one finger point towards the ground. That it the only acceptable wave in my view. If your waving with your hand hip to shoulder high, you are showing yourself as a NOOB and thats why people do not wave back.

In closing, I appreciate everyones opinion and hope to see you out there with two wheels down.
Steve Irwin
Tricia

Post by Tricia »

Dudes... I totally got a head-nod from a Hell's Angel yesterday on the way home from work. 8)

Actually, a whole bunch live right down the street from me, they probably know who I am now and just get a kick out of the fact that I have a sparkly gold helmet, and a scooter on top of everyhitng else. (Bikes, bicylces, cars, old cars, etc.)

I'm sure they think I'm nuts. :D
Ventura County Scooter Club
cmccann

Post by cmccann »

I have been riding since mid-August. So far, I have only recieved 2 waves. Almost all motorcyclists ignore me and I haven't seen another scooter yet. Probably won't until spring. By the way, I have a helmet and a motorcycle jacket.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

I get waves from about 75% of the folks I pass. I also get lots of waves and hollers from girls/young ladies. My wife never thought that the scoot would be a chick magnet :shock: , now she's not so sure about it :D
MB #2349
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

I love this thread...it's hilarious!

Legend, thank you for your meticulous research. One additional factor I would add is gender of rider. I'm a female with some "feminine" gear and I find that I get more waves/returned waves (regardless of gender of other rider) than my b/f.

POCPhil...you made me laugh out loud. You might want to try the air-kiss with some of dem Harley riders. You know you could scoot it outta there as they're struggling to upshift.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

siobhan wrote:One additional factor I would add is gender of rider.
:lol: Well of course, silly!
OK, these are males first and foremost. When they see a female, especially one who is dressed "cute" and initiating contact, they stop thinking as motorcyclists, and react via their "lower brains".

I know, it's hard for us to understand because our brains are not wired that way.

I imagine if we wore giant comedy breasts (as in Blackadder II episode "beer") we'd become visible. At least to males.
Not hard-linked in for decorum's sake:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_wXEBWu6h-p8/SAM ... kadder.jpg
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I wave, nod, and or whatever to any 2wheeled vehicle I see these days. Where I live I'm less than 30 miles from the big Harley plant in York, Pa. seems they're king though Still...... Most people seem to think scooters are nothing more than toys, few if any waves returned except other scooters. We need more scoots around here!!
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

I haven't been keeping an offical tally, but I know that the cruisers definetly wave more than any other, in my experience.
:)
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I haven't kept official track like you, but my numbers seem different than yours. Unofficially:

Harley/Cruiser riders 25%

Scooter riders 90%

Rocket riders 40%

Goldwing riders 0%

All other riders 65%

I do need to point out, if the Harley rider is the old grizzled type, I almost always seem to get a wave. But in my neck of the woods, the Harley riders are mostly lawyers, accountants, and doctors. And they are all too cool to wave back since I'm on a lowly scooter. They won't even look at you or talk to you if you're parking your bike next to them and say hi. Their shit don't stink.
dorian

Post by dorian »

My wife and I discussed this one in depth the other day. We spend most of our time on different commutes so we compare notes often. We agree that by far, the most snobbish non-waving folks on two wheels on the SF Peninsula are....

Scooters.

I just don't get it. Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, Milbrae, Daily City and San Francisco.... all communities with the most snobbish scooterists this side of the Atlantic. They look cool in their "gee, don't I look like a motorcyclist?" armor and leather, but they can't seem to let go of handlebars long enough to wave. Even at stop lights. I no longer waste my chest-thumps on SF Bay Area scooterists.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

k1dude

Post by k1dude »

dorian wrote:My wife and I discussed this one in depth the other day. We spend most of our time on different commutes so we compare notes often. We agree that by far, the most snobbish non-waving folks on two wheels on the SF Peninsula are....

Scooters.

I just don't get it. Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, Milbrae, Daily City and San Francisco.... all communities with the most snobbish scooterists this side of the Atlantic. They look cool in their "gee, don't I look like a motorcyclist?" armor and leather, but they can't seem to let go of handlebars long enough to wave. Even at stop lights. I no longer waste my chest-thumps on SF Bay Area scooterists.
I'm in the Central Valley/Sierra foothills, so my experience has been different. But I could definitely believe the scooterists are snobs in the Bay Area. It doesn't take the slightest stretch of the imagination to believe that. Too bad for them.
GDP

Post by GDP »

This is a great thread I love to hear about others experiences and perceptions. However I must address this missconception:

[quote="Legend"]

I do not keep track to see if people are repeats. It is possible that I am passing a few of the same people time and again. It matters not for the data.

You are listing a number of encounters, instances of waving, then concluding a percentage. Repeats significantly affect this data.

Lets say you pass 10 riders and five wave, you conclude 50% instance of waving.
Then we learn of the five non-waves, it was the same person.
So you have not encountered ten individuals but six over ten occurrences.
The instance of return waves per individual is over 80%.
That tells more of the story.
And for a little conjecture, it sucks you see the guy not waving back more
frequently because he probably lives or works near you... (I refuse to use emoticons so I'll just say - ha).
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

scooterist are too scared to take their hand off to "peace" or wave! :lol:
that's why they don't wave back
Legend

Post by Legend »

mandyscoots wrote:scooterist are too scared to take their hand off to "peace" or wave! :lol:
Although I don't know that this is fact, it is a good assumption. Alot of scooterist, at least in my area, are new riders and are very afraid. Afraid of too much gas, to little gas, afraid they will miss a light, make a light. They are just timid riders. It pays to be agressive on a scooter. NOONE gives scooter riders any respect, you have to take it. Being safe and knowing your surroundings is key but there is no reason to be afraid of riding.
Steve Irwin
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Legend wrote: ... They are just timid riders. It pays to be aggressive on a scooter. NOONE gives scooter riders any respect, you have to take it. Being safe and knowing your surroundings is key but there is no reason to be afraid of riding.
Sorry Legend but I need to disagree with you here. Following your advice is a great way to end up in the "who's crashed" thread. When riding a scooter you must ride SMART. This means there is a time to ride timid and a time to ride boldly. Those times are dictated by the fluid situation around you and by the defining factor that when you ride you are invisible and scooter vs pretty much anything = scooter loses. So lets take our respect where we can get it without endangering our lives while doing so.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
jeapers

Post by jeapers »

olhogrider wrote:Scooter riders are by far the friendliest! Just because they may not wave as often as cruisers, says nothing about their friendliness. BTW, lots of sportbike riders are friendly too. Know why they don't wave? Try doing one-handed push ups while being kicked in the crotch. Ok, now wave!
I ride a 2001 1100 Shadow spirit (cruiser). I also ride a Suzuki 2008 Hayabusa (sportsbike). When I'm on the cruiser I wave at everyone. I don't always get a response. When I'm on the sportsbike I wave when Feel I safely can. There's been times when fellow riders have waved and I've had more weight on the bars than I could safely pull off a wave. When I have my girl on the back leaning against me, I don't get to wave very much at all. There are the single minded macho Steriotypes that won't wave at anyone but the fellow cloned ducks they are. If you step back and look at the big picture we're all scooter trash to the majority. We all put up with the same careless absent minded drivers. Who cares what you ride, you still ride. I have a lot of respect for someone that's willing to take on big city traffic with so little horse power. Ride on brother! (or sister!)
jeapers

Post by jeapers »

Legend wrote:
mandyscoots wrote:scooterist are too scared to take their hand off to "peace" or wave! :lol:
Although I don't know that this is fact, it is a good assumption. Alot of scooterist, at least in my area, are new riders and are very afraid. Afraid of too much gas, to little gas, afraid they will miss a light, make a light. They are just timid riders. It pays to be agressive on a scooter. NOONE gives scooter riders any respect, you have to take it. Being safe and knowing your surroundings is key but there is no reason to be afraid of riding.
Fear and timidness can get you into a bad situation really quick. An aggresive stance doesn't nessisarily mean fast and stupid. If you have an aggresive aware attitude you'll be ready to react to most situations. Riding a scooter's like playing chess. You have to be thinking 3 moves ahead. Assess your surroundings, give yourself as much time as possible to react and remember. If it's possible for a fellow motorist to do something. No matter how unthinkable, stupid or bone headed, take that extra distance for time to react to that situation. Anything with four wheels is a rolling entertainment (distaction) factory. I've had people look me straight in the eye and still pull out in front me. Live to ride, ride to live. Fear's only an option.