Full-face helmets in the pet carrier?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Full-face helmets in the pet carrier?

Post by illnoise »

(Hey, all, posted this in the Blur forum, but didn't get any bites, maybe it's a good topic to get rolling here…Maybe it'd be a good place just to post what model/size full-face you wear and if it fits in your pet carrier or not)

That subject line sounds more exciting than it is:

Anyone wear a Scorpion EXO-700 in L/XL/XXL? Does it fit in the Blur (or Buddy) pet carrier? (Those three sizes use the same shell).

For the record, a Shoei RF800 XXL fits in a Blur, though they don't make 'em anymore.
Last edited by illnoise on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

oh, i moved it but it didn't bump to the top. here we go…
MAJensen

Post by MAJensen »

I can close the seat with it in there feels like a tight fit though.
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

I have the Scorpion EXO-400 in a medium. It fits in the '06 Buddy, but not the '06 Vespa GT200.
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Just got my full face and it does fit in the pet carrier (barely). It's a medium.
Attachments
HJC CL-SP   Lola red
HJC CL-SP Lola red
Lola.jpg (47.49 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
Last edited by chloefpuff on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armacham

Post by armacham »

XL HJC CL-15, does NOT fit in my pet carrier.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

My Cyber US-95 almost fits. Even with a empty pet carrier, the little vents onto the helmet to let out air keep the seat from closing. It almost latches. It's a large.
Nash50

Post by Nash50 »

My Scorpion EXO-400 XXXL (yes, I have a big head) fits in the pet carrier, although it's a tight squeeze top to bottom. I understand that the XXXL is a bigger shell than the XXL, so preumably any smaller size would fit, too.
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

armacham wrote:XL HJC CL-15, does NOT fit in my pet carrier.
I can fit my XXL HJC CL-15 in the pet carrier but only if there is nothing else in there. It's been a while since i've stuffed it in. I usually use the hooks in the front of the carrier because my jacket is usually crammed in the carrier. I think getting it to fit is also orientation dependent(ie fits when facing one direction but not the other). My italia is an '08.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

verdecalavera wrote:
armacham wrote:XL HJC CL-15, does NOT fit in my pet carrier.
I can fit my XXL HJC CL-15 in the pet carrier but only if there is nothing else in there. It's been a while since i've stuffed it in. I usually use the hooks in the front of the carrier because my jacket is usually crammed in the carrier. I think getting it to fit is also orientation dependent(ie fits when facing one direction but not the other). My italia is an '08.
Man, I wanna know how you did that. I've NEVER been able to get my XL CL-15 anywhere close to fitting in the pet carrier.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

My medium Shoei X11 barely fits in there. With the clear shield that I keep in there for night rides I can feel it being compressed when I close the thing.

I don't keep it in there. I'm trying to figure out how to fold my jacket so it fits in there.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

rabbitgod wrote: I don't keep it in there. I'm trying to figure out how to fold my jacket so it fits in there.
I've got an XL "nitro-racing" jacket that fits in the pet carrier without too much wrestling.
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

My large KBC vr2 would fit in the pet carrier if I didn't already have lots of other things in there taking up space :roll:
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
brettro

Post by brettro »

Medium Shoei RF-1000 fits!
creampuff

Post by creampuff »

my FF Medium Shoei RF1000 doesn't fit into my 2007 buddy pet carrier. Is there a difference with the 08s? Maybe I'm just paranoid about closing the seat and scratching the helmet.
dorian

Re: Full-face helmets in the pet carrier?

Post by dorian »

illnoise wrote: Anyone wear a Scorpion EXO-700 in L/XL/XXL? Does it fit in the Blur (or Buddy) pet carrier? (Those three sizes use the same shell).
I have quite a collection of helmets. My Large Scorpion EXO-700, Large EXO-1000, Medium ICON Mainframe, and Large HJC AC-12 will NOT fit in the pet carrier. My Large Scorpion EXO-200 (open face helmet) will fit, but its tight and I wouldn't ride with it in there for fear of sthe seat scratching it or cracking the bucket of the pet carrier.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

That's weird, there are some conflicting answers there! Even for the same size!

I wonder how much the Blur pet carrier varies from the Buddy.

dorian, the helmet's supposed to be on your head while you're riding!

Bb.
dorian

Post by dorian »

illnoise wrote:dorian, the helmet's supposed to be on your head while you're riding!

Bb.
It's nice to carry a spare for that occasional nude supermodel along side of the road hitch-hiking. I'm only concerned for their safety.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

dorian wrote:It's nice to carry a spare for that occasional nude supermodel along side of the road hitch-hiking. I'm only concerned for their safety.
Gotcha. Heh.

Bb.
Drew

Post by Drew »

My large HJC CL-15 fits in my pet carrier. It fits in facing forward and I put a cloth on top so it doesn't get scratched when I close the seat.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

dorian wrote:It's nice to carry a spare for that occasional nude supermodel along side of the road hitch-hiking.
Umm she wears a size small, but you can get by with a half helmet because she doesn't really need brains.

my exo 700 small barely fits in the pet carrier. I hang it from the hook and put the helmet bag around it.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

My Scorpion EXO-700 in XXL fits under the seat on my 2006 Buddy with no problems.

Also a few others are listed here--- viewtopic.php?t=52

8530 ago :)
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I have put two XL Scorpion EXO 400s in the pet carrier. Just not at the same time :wink:
brettro

Post by brettro »

creampuff wrote:my FF Medium Shoei RF1000 doesn't fit into my 2007 buddy pet carrier. Is there a difference with the 08s? Maybe I'm just paranoid about closing the seat and scratching the helmet.
That's odd, i doubt there's a difference between 07 and 08's. It certainly takes up the entire pet carrier...

If you're concerned about the helmet hitting the seat and want to find out for sure, one trick is to put a wad of clay or playdough on top of the helmet then (gently) latch the seat. You'll be able to tell by the impression in the clay if it's hitting or not.

But I haven't seen any scratches on the top of my helmet yet.

Note- There's always a chance that the playdough/clay could affect the helmet's finish, so you may want to test it on a small area first.
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

Kaos wrote:Man, I wanna know how you did that. I've NEVER been able to get my XL CL-15 anywhere close to fitting in the pet carrier.
I checked this again yesterday to make sure i was not confused it with my first helmet. It fits. you have to put a slight bit of pressure to latch, i probably wouldn't ride with it in there, but securing it should be fine. It will only fit in one orientation.
squash1978

Post by squash1978 »

My medium FF Fulmer F1 Modular fits in my 2009 Buddy pet carrier. I've been told that these helmets run a bit big. I normally wear a large, so although my helmet is technically a medium, it is probably closer in size to a large.