Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:Woah, 2 blue buddy's today after the Pamp this morning.

One going Northbound on Swan just south of Grant.

Two going Eastbound on Speedway east of Campbell near the Sunrise post office.

Plus an Orange Stella at my wifes work. Parked on a city road that runs behind it. Not sure if they work where my wife does since lots of people park there.
I have yet to see a blue Buddy other than my own. Do you suppose the one on Speedway was me? I head that way around 7:30pm MW&F.

I have seen several Internationals recently. That St Tropez at Pima West again just now. Yesterday I saw a guy on an Italia headed West on 5th by Country Club and the day before I saw a Pamplona heading up Mountain by Grant.

We have so many Buddies here ^_^
Lift heavy eat clean!
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Becktastic wrote:
rabbitgod wrote:Woah, 2 blue buddy's today after the Pamp this morning.

One going Northbound on Swan just south of Grant.

Two going Eastbound on Speedway east of Campbell near the Sunrise post office.

Plus an Orange Stella at my wifes work. Parked on a city road that runs behind it. Not sure if they work where my wife does since lots of people park there.
I have yet to see a blue Buddy other than my own. Do you suppose the one on Speedway was me? I head that way around 7:30pm MW&F.

I have seen several Internationals recently. That St Tropez at Pima West again just now. Yesterday I saw a guy on an Italia headed West on 5th by Country Club and the day before I saw a Pamplona heading up Mountain by Grant.

We have so many Buddies here ^_^
No they had on sunglasses and regular clothes. It was a guy. Also like 1:30 on our way to Miss Saigon for lunch.

Thanks for waving this morning. I was a little shocked since you had just come out of that turn.

That Orange Stella was in my wifes parking lot this morning. She said she would ask around.

There's some damage on it, looks like they laid it down recently. Guess what, the headlight bezel is damaged. Now there's a shocker.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote: No they had on sunglasses and regular clothes. It was a guy. Also like 1:30 on our way to Miss Saigon for lunch.

Thanks for waving this morning. I was a little shocked since you had just come out of that turn.

That Orange Stella was in my wifes parking lot this morning. She said she would ask around.

There's some damage on it, looks like they laid it down recently. Guess what, the headlight bezel is damaged. Now there's a shocker.
I almost honked at you, but I was afraid it would scare your dog o_O

I'm glad my headlight bezel suffered only a small scrape when I went down. New ones are hard to come by.

One day I will find another baby blue scoot! At least someone has seen them. >.>
Lift heavy eat clean!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

m. gorhon wrote: that was me! except i don't have one of those fancy Corazzo 5.0's, it is just my American Airlines ground crew jacket.

just before i saw you, i saw girl on an orange buddy at Knight and Broadway. She turned right heading towards the city. i thought maybe you would intersect with her at Dean and Broadway.
I *knew* it! That's why I threw the 'hi-mom' wave. The jacket looks awesome on you. I have an old PanAm baggage handler winter coat that I wear when it gets really cold...we can be airline geeks together.

Do you ride through that intersection regularly? I'm there twice a day and I can't believe we haven't run into each other before. Often I see the Probbydense m/c cops heading out. I never know if I should throw down a wave so I just nod.

I remember you saying you ride 20-some miles o/w to MA...what route? That's fantastic! My 'mmute is a mere 3.1 miles but I ride everywhere. Maybe I'll see you at Julian's or Decatur (whatever it's called now--Avon?).

btw my b/f is making me listen to Asia as I write this. Only time will tell...
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Wave to the cops, Siobhan. Whenever I see them lurking in the neighborhood speedtrap I go up and talk- compliment their bikes, ask about their personal bikes, etc.

Even if it's "not done", females can get away with being friendly to the fuzz. Besides, if you ever ARE involved in a MVA, and the mc cops are the first responders, you want them biased toward you.

LL
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

LisaLisa wrote:Wave to the cops, Siobhan. Whenever I see them lurking in the neighborhood speedtrap I go up and talk- compliment their bikes, ask about their personal bikes, etc.

Even if it's "not done", females can get away with being friendly to the fuzz. Besides, if you ever ARE involved in a MVA, and the mc cops are the first responders, you want them biased toward you.

LL
They're always so serious-looking our PVD finest...adjusting their mouthpieces and stuff (literally they're pulling out of the central station). I always smile & nod. I'm in good with our local precinct guys (I even got a snap for the summer Scavenger Hunt). Little Probbydense is small...I would hope that if anything ever happens, it wouldn't take long for word to get out.

As I read the other thread about the m/c running the red light, I looked up and asked the b/f, um, I need something to hang off my keychain that says who I am and who to contact. A little over the top, yeah, but having lost a brother, I err on the side of fanatic. I want the call to get to the right people asap!
m. gorhon

Post by m. gorhon »

siobhan wrote:
m. gorhon wrote: that was me! except i don't have one of those fancy Corazzo 5.0's, it is just my American Airlines ground crew jacket.

just before i saw you, i saw girl on an orange buddy at Knight and Broadway. She turned right heading towards the city. i thought maybe you would intersect with her at Dean and Broadway.
I *knew* it! That's why I threw the 'hi-mom' wave. The jacket looks awesome on you. I have an old PanAm baggage handler winter coat that I wear when it gets really cold...we can be airline geeks together.

Do you ride through that intersection regularly? I'm there twice a day and I can't believe we haven't run into each other before. Often I see the Probbydense m/c cops heading out. I never know if I should throw down a wave so I just nod.

I remember you saying you ride 20-some miles o/w to MA...what route? That's fantastic! My 'mmute is a mere 3.1 miles but I ride everywhere. Maybe I'll see you at Julian's or Decatur (whatever it's called now--Avon?).

btw my b/f is making me listen to Asia as I write this. Only time will tell...

it feels like i am always at that intersection so it is weird we haven't crossed paths before. usually i am there between 7-7.30am but on thursdays i work late so that is why i was there today.

nice to finally see you!

my commute takes me across town to the red bridge(henderson), over into east providence/rumford and then 152 all the way into attleboro, then thru the center to 123 and then turn left after the friendly's (across from where T.I. used to be) and take that road into mansfield where i work. i think it takes me about 40 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic in providence.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

m. gorhon wrote:it feels like i am always at that intersection so it is weird we haven't crossed paths before. usually i am there between 7-7.30am but on thursdays i work late so that is why i was there today.

nice to finally see you!

my commute takes me across town to the red bridge(henderson), over into east providence/rumford and then 152 all the way into attleboro, then thru the center to 123 and then turn left after the friendly's (across from where T.I. used to be) and take that road into mansfield where i work. i think it takes me about 40 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic in providence.
ahh, that explains it. I'm definitely *not* a morning person! I was right about "on time" this morning. Here's to Donnerstags! My favorite day of the week.

I know the ride well that you do. We go down to Bristol a lot (Aidan's!) and I've forgone the Henderson Bridge and we just go on I-195 now. The ride in Riverside is delicious!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

siobhan wrote:
As I read the other thread about the m/c running the red light, I looked up and asked the b/f, um, I need something to hang off my keychain that says who I am and who to contact. A little over the top, yeah, but having lost a brother, I err on the side of fanatic. I want the call to get to the right people asap!
That's a good idea. The cops saw the business card in my briefcase luggage tag, and they went through my wallet as well. I carry my phone in my jacket, and it has the emergency numbers listed, but I really need the "in case of emergency card" in my pocket too.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Rob

Post by Rob »

[quote="siobhan] I need something to hang off my keychain that says who I am and who to contact. A little over the top, yeah, but having lost a brother, I err on the side of fanatic. I want the call to get to the right people asap![/quote]

While I've never really checked this out, several folks at work claim it to be true. That being if you enter a cell phone contact with the name of ICE (In Case of Emergency) ... paramedics, cops, etc., will check your phone and call that number(s) if they have nothing else to go on. That is assuming your cell phone is still operational at that point. The same people have also told me that you can enter multiple ICE contacts by adding a number at the end (e.g., ICE1, ICE 2, etc.). Again, I've never verified this, but I do smile when my caller ID reads ICE when my wife calls. I'm easily amused. :)

Rob
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Rob wrote:While I've never really checked this out, several folks at work claim it to be true. That being if you enter a cell phone contact with the name of ICE (In Case of Emergency) ... paramedics, cops, etc., will check your phone and call that number(s) if they have nothing else to go on. That is assuming your cell phone is still operational at that point. The same people have also told me that you can enter multiple ICE contacts by adding a number at the end (e.g., ICE1, ICE 2, etc.). Again, I've never verified this, but I do smile when my caller ID reads ICE when my wife calls. I'm easily amused. :)

Rob
Yeah, that requires having a cellphone. My plan is to be the last human on earth to have one (well me, and the guy in Zimbabwe standing at the kiosk going "no way?!"). That's how I can afford a gazillon scoots (and vintage cars, etc. etc.).
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

siobhan wrote: Yeah, that requires having a cellphone. My plan is to be the last human on earth to have one (well me, and the guy in Zimbabwe standing at the kiosk going "no way?!"). That's how I can afford a gazillon scoots (and vintage cars, etc. etc.).
I held out on the cell phone thing a long time. Then I went on a backpacking trip last summer and my aunt insisted I should have a phone, she even paid for it, so I of course accepted. So it came in really handy and I ended up getting my own when I returned. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. I am thinking about turning off the text messaging feature...
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw a pamplona with a zebra seat cover going north on County Club today!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

armacham wrote:I saw a pamplona with a zebra seat cover going north on County Club today!
Wow this thread go so hijacked I forgot it was the sightings thread!
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

just trying to make up for all of the other threads I've hijacked.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Spotted 10/16 - Italia

Traveling south on Interstate. Followed you from about Killingsworth on. Was a couple cars behind.

I think this was the same one that passed me a couple o' weeks ago crossing the Broadway Bridge.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

My spouse says he saw a "lime green" Buddy at the U. Cincinnati today. Rider was female, skirt and heels. I am wondering if it was a custom paint job or Eco.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Saw a guy on an Italia at the corner of Tanque Verde and Grant, while I was getting ready for my scavenger hunt pic.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
armacham

Post by armacham »

Just saw a Light blue buddy with a red crate on the rear rack going south on Campbell about to make a left onto Grant.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Out riding with the missus this afternoon, saw a nice tangerine Buddy with a yellow picnic-style basket on the back. Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks.

Great weather today, saw a lot of riders. Chatted with a guy in a Honda Elite 80.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
esk

Post by esk »

visiting san francisco this weekend - lotsa scooters here, but not many buddies! today (saturday) around 5pm: red buddy with a disc brake lock & orange reminder cable parked at the corner of market & sansome.
louie

Post by louie »

i went to the barbars motorsport vintage motorcycle festival yesterday. since it was a vintage festival i rode the lambretta and d his harley. there were loads of scooters old to new, beautiful condition to parts.

we saw one buddy, a pamplona parked behind a show truck. unfortunately we were distracted by things rare and shiney and i forgot to check out to whom it belonged.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw the same black 125 that I saw on Broadway a month or more ago, this time on Tuxedo. Same safety sash, 3/4 helmet + face shield.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
kc2klq

Post by kc2klq »

I went into the Ithaca Tompkins county annual book sale today in Ithaca, NY... parked my buddy outside after filling the seat with a weeks worth of groceries and decided to fill the cargo rack with a bag of books..
came out to a cream colored Buddy 50 sitting next to mine... it is only the second buddy I have seen in the area, it had 2700 miles on it and was in great shape... sitting on its kickstand with no security.. I felt kinda bad cuz mine was xena alarmed, wheel locked, chained trough my helmet and coat sleeve to a fence.... I just am protective... nice to see that the locals don't feel the same... would have hung around to meet the person, but I had milk and other perishables going on two hours in my seat, had to get home...
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Tonight on NW Lovejoy headed West around 6ish pm. Passed a Red Buddy parked on the street, rider just gearing up... Silver Helmet.
esk

Post by esk »

yesterday (monday), seattle, around 5:40pm - sunset buddy heading south on fremont ave near 35th st. rider with a white helmet, black jacket, orange and grey messenger bag.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Sunday 10/19 Saw a black Stella, avacado Stella, and red Vespa parked on the "square" in Franklin.
MB #2349
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

saw a nice powder-blue Buddy 50 on my ride to buy some gloves after work yesterday . . . almost made me change my mind about buying black panels (mine is the light yellow now).
generalstrike

Post by generalstrike »

Do you work for American Airlines? I'm a ground crew worker for Southwest Airlines, I have my red buddy parked at the airport a lot. I see a 50cc Italia parked there pretty often also, but I'm pretty sure that person works in an office here.

Oh, and even tho' I'm a lowly ramp rat I wear a "fancy" Corazzo 5.0! Thank God for union wages.
that was me! except i don't have one of those fancy Corazzo 5.0's, it is just my American Airlines ground crew jacket.

rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

NW 17th and Lovejoy around 5:20 Saw Tangerine Buddy
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Spotted a pair of Blurs today in Arlington passing by my daughters school. One was blue the other silver. I was in my cage so they didn't notice me wave at them.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

In Houston-saw a Pamplona on Alabama near Montrose. Male rider. beard. giant grin. :D
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

houston cagers are crazy!

anyways, my bf snapped photos of a buddy and a stella with the rider in AUSTIN, TEXAS and has had them on his phone for quite some time so i thought i'd post them up now

here you go:
Attachments
IMG00066.jpg
IMG00066.jpg (61.01 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
IMG00064.jpg
IMG00064.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

r0sa wrote:houston cagers are crazy!

anyways, my bf snapped photos of a buddy and a stella with the rider in AUSTIN, TEXAS and has had them on his phone for quite some time so i thought i'd post them up now

here you go:
Heeeeyyyy, that mirror looks aweful big to be on a Buddy! I expect to see a tutorial on how you graphted that to a scooter ;)
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

buddy's with elephant ears can see EVERYTHING behind them :wink:
Just_Jess

doppelgangers

Post by Just_Jess »

I've seen tons of buddys lately. The other day in Burbank i saw 2 italias. My friends saw another girl with a white helmet on an italia the other day and thought it was me. There is a guy on a Pamploma i see in silverlake a lot. Buddys are taking over in LA
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I saw a Pamp making a left from Tanque Verde to Kolb (finishing southbound). He had goggles on, they were pretty sweet. No other gear and sandles.

I saw armacham yesterday pulling into our complex. That probably shouldn't count.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Today around 3:15. Traveling South on Greeley ave by adidas Village:

Italia with Rider wearing Red Corazzo Jacket.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I saw a guy today in a white half helmet braving the 5pm rush hour traffic on his tangerine Buddy. We were too busy with the stop and go traffic to wave, so we just stared at each other :P

I thought it may have been rabbitgod, but his scoot was in his carport when I got home...unless he rode it -really- fast in a big circle and somehow beat me there...
Lift heavy eat clean!
esk

Post by esk »

seattle, today (tuesday), around 5:20pm: sunset buddy heading south on the fremont bridge. rider was wearing a nice orange helmet with a white stripe, and a black jacket with a red/pink hoody sticking out.
broke

Post by broke »

I drove behind a building I rarely go behind on campus today and found a buddy! Orange Buddy with Genuine top-case parked behind bldg 50 on the Tektronix campus in Beaverton. I'll have to make more trips to bldg 50 and see who owns it!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

There are no Buddies in Bellevue :(
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Amazing coincidence today:

I went into the local motorsports to see if the insurance adjuster had come to look at my dad's scooter yet. I immediately noticed the '08 black Buddy was missing from the line-up, I'd been looking at it and noticing how good it looked even next to the internationals. I asked them about it and they said they just sold it a couple days ago... I went to class directly after that and pulled up to the motorcycle parking block where I always park, and lo and behold, the black Buddy was there! With a tag from the dealer. I'm almost positive it was the exact one since I go to the shop all the time and that was the only black one I'd ever seen.

weird. They must've been admiring my scoot sitting there all the time and decided to go get one of there own. haha, just kidding, but its a possibility. Anyone on here just get a 2008 black Buddy from Pensacola Motorsports and go to PJC???
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Becktastic wrote:I saw a guy today in a white half helmet braving the 5pm rush hour traffic on his tangerine Buddy. We were too busy with the stop and go traffic to wave, so we just stared at each other :P

I thought it may have been rabbitgod, but his scoot was in his carport when I got home...unless he rode it -really- fast in a big circle and somehow beat me there...
Well I have been known to be in two places at once 8)

Naw, I didn't ride yesterday. I do have a white helmet, it's full face though.

Sorry I missed you yesterday. Your cat was acting adorable.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Dude riding a Black Buddy turning right on to Jefferson st. in Carlsbad, CA today around 1:30PM give or take a 1/2 hour

My first sighting in the real world! I feel like I just saw a superstar, and he wasn't that far.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

10-30-08 about 1pm spotted a Pamplona with a male rider on La Mesa Blvd., La Mesa, CA.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
armacham

Post by armacham »

saw an orange buddy with some sort of orange and white seat cover, guy wearing a black 3/4 with goggles. going west on Broadway at Country Club
esk

Post by esk »

seattle - today (saturday) - around 1:15pm: red buddy going west on nickerson near SPU. rider wearing a black helmet with white stripe and a dark hoodie - looked like a female.
skotot

Post by skotot »

I saw The Joker driving a Buddy down the street in Chicago around Lincoln Park last night on Halloween. Best first Buddy sighting ever.

Saw a red one parked on the street around Lincoln Park [I think?] on my way home, but totally forgot the intersection it was by. I lose.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Orange buds seem popular here in Tucson. I keep seeing them with distinctly different riders.

Todays was in the downtown area around 4pm wearing red/white full face and matching jacket.
Lift heavy eat clean!