Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week Two - Pets

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week Two - Pets

Post by OKBubbles »

We’ve gone to the dogs (cats, birds, snakes, etc.)
(This is the second picture in a four-week "hunt")

3 pts – your scooter with a pet actually ON BOARD (on the seat or floorboard, in the basket, perched on the handles or windscreen). There must be fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact with the scooter or accessories.

+3 – each additional animal ON the scooter (see above).

+2 – your scoot with an animal NEXT TO the scooter. Your dog refuses to sit on the scooter, but will sit or stand near it? OK.

+2 - each additional animal NEXT TO the scooter

+1 – your scoot with an animal YOU ARE HOLDING. The cat won’t get near the scooter unless you are carrying her? Here you go!

+2 - each additional animal YOU ARE HOLDING.

+2 – you are in the picture.

NOTE: In order to not go completely insane, I will count a MAXIMUM of 5 pets. You may include more if you've got them, but take the best total.

Reminder of the rules:

-A new photo subject added every Sunday. Participants will have until the following Sunday at midnight to post their pic (TAKEN THAT WEEK) .
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (But if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post to note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.)
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-No Photoshop submissions
-Prize? Sure, if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had. Also, it's become something of a tradition that the winner gets to be the huntmeister for the next round of photos.

Pictures may be posted until midnight your time on Sunday, Oct. 26. This gives you 8 days - including three, count 'em THREE - weekend days. If you didn't get to participate in week one, jump on in now. The fun is in the participation, creativity and sharing a bit of YOU!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hm, no way the house feline would pose on the scooter outside without attempting an escape. Maybe I can coax a squirrel onto the seat. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Ok clarification question if my cat(s) are sitting on the scooter (Their actually sitting on it) but I am holding on to them to prevent them from running off that is 3 points or 2?
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

newslinky wrote:Ok clarification question if my cat(s) are sitting on the scooter (Their actually sitting on it) but I am holding on to them to prevent them from running off that is 3 points or 2?
Since I said "fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact", I'd probably count this as 3 pts. By holding I meant that you have to hold them in your arms to get the critter in the pic.

Now, go grab those kitties!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

HAHAHA funny you should choose this topic! Sean and I were trying to take a picture of our kitten in my basket the other day...she kind of shredded his face D:
Lift heavy eat clean!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Ok here goes

+3 per pet on the scooter (rat, 3 cats, an ewok lookalike dog)
+2 I am in the picture (though I have looked much better in pics due to the um volatility of certain members of the pic I went with the best out of that set) :lol:
Total 17 points
Attachments
Pet pic.JPG
Pet pic.JPG (159.26 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
MiguelATF

Re: Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week Two - Pets

Post by MiguelATF »

OKBubbles wrote:3 pts – your scooter with a pet actually ON BOARD (on the seat or floorboard, in the basket, perched on the handles or windscreen). There must be fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact with the scooter or accessories.

+3 – each additional animal ON the scooter (see above).

+2 – your scoot with an animal NEXT TO the scooter. Your dog refuses to sit on the scooter, but will sit or stand near it? OK.

+2 - each additional animal NEXT TO the scooter

+1 – your scoot with an animal YOU ARE HOLDING. The cat won’t get near the scooter unless you are carrying her? Here you go!

+2 - each additional animal YOU ARE HOLDING.
I have a question here, OKBubbles....several, actually.

When you are talking about a 'pet' - does it have to be only a domestic (house) pet? Or - do horses count has pets? Or....goats? (I know cows wouldn't....but some people actually do keep Pigs for pets, so....? And actually a good friend of mine for years had a Pet Tarantula which he took out of its glass cage and let go on walks....so this may not be as weird of a question as one might think)

Second question - with regards to Pets - for those of us who either don't happen to have any pets of our own, or who have very few - is it possible to use other people's pets in the photo? Other cats or dogs or hamsters or snakes or whatnot? I'm guessing (and HOPING) the answer would probably be Yes - as long as the animal is of a 'Pet' variety.

Looking forwards to clarification from on high

Thnxxxxxx

Miguel
Syd

Re: Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week Two - Pets

Post by Syd »

MiguelATF wrote:...Or - do horses count has pets?...
Please, please, please, Miguel. I really want to see a horse on a Buddy!!!!!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Miguel, I think you could make an argument for a horse -- possibly even a potbellied pig. And, if you are willing to play with a tarantula for a couple of points, more power to you!

And, yes, I would have no problem with you "borrowing" pets. I mean, really, how would we know that you don't actually own 5 dogs, cats, or whatever?
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I can't play for points during this run of the hunt, but just had to post these:

Josie is on the basket, with her brother Bo on the seat. Jackson is a little weirded out by the scooter, but will "sit" for treats from Grandma.

Bo and Josie don't mind sitting in the basket, but aren't thrilled at the prospect of actually going for a ride!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'd say if you care for an animal in or outside your home and you don't intend to eat it, skin or shear it, breed it for money, or milk it, it's a pet. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

ericalm wrote:I'd say if you care for an animal in or outside your home and you don't intend to eat it, skin or shear it, breed it for money, or milk it, it's a pet. :)
I grew up on a farm...while I occasionally sheared, skinned, ate or milked many animals, I still consider them pets. :)

I think a pet is any animal you care for and care about.
Lift heavy eat clean!
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:I'd say if you care for an animal in or outside your home and you don't intend to eat it, skin or shear it, breed it for money, or milk it, it's a pet. :)
Wow, maybe I can get the in-laws to sit on my scoot!
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

newslinky wrote:Ok here goes

+3 per pet on the scooter (rat, 3 cats, an ewok lookalike dog)
+2 I am in the picture (though I have looked much better in pics due to the um volatility of certain members of the pic I went with the best out of that set) :lol:
Total 17 points
Nice picture newslinky, but this brings up a question. What is considered "HOLDING" a pet? There is no way to tell from the picture if the pet is being held because it is just being loved or because otherwise it won't stay in the photo. To be fair, since the points are different, I would suggest that for the higher points, it should be "hands off". OKBubbles?
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

MarsR wrote:What is considered "HOLDING" a pet? There is no way to tell from the picture if the pet is being held because it is just being loved or because otherwise it won't stay in the photo. To be fair, since the points are different, I would suggest that for the higher points, it should be "hands off". OKBubbles?
OKBubbles wrote:Since I said "fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact", I'd probably count this as 3 pts. By holding I meant that you have to hold them in your arms to get the critter in the pic.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Orange Guy wrote:
MarsR wrote:What is considered "HOLDING" a pet? There is no way to tell from the picture if the pet is being held because it is just being loved or because otherwise it won't stay in the photo. To be fair, since the points are different, I would suggest that for the higher points, it should be "hands off". OKBubbles?
OKBubbles wrote:Since I said "fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact", I'd probably count this as 3 pts. By holding I meant that you have to hold them in your arms to get the critter in the pic.
In my case, it might be "pin her to the seat to get her in the pic."
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

ericalm wrote:In my case, it might be "pin her to the seat to get her in the pic."
My dogs are no issue, but the cat ... he's never set foot outside and I'm not up for losing him. Duct tape?
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Orange Guy wrote:
ericalm wrote:In my case, it might be "pin her to the seat to get her in the pic."
My dogs are no issue, but the cat ... he's never set foot outside and I'm not up for losing him. Duct tape?
We experimented with letting this cat outside. She jumped the fence, entered the neighbor's house through their pet door, and started eating their cat's food. To this day, she doesn't understand why she was in the wrong and we now keep her inside.
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Orange Guy wrote:
Sounds good, thanks. Sorry, I guess I missed that post...
MB#1749 RBC#8

Syd

Post by Syd »

Your pet ON the scooter? I don't think so.
Your pet NEXT TO the scooter? Not very often.
So how about your pet CHASING (or running with) your scooter ? That I can do.

If this counts as NEXT TO:
+2 – your scoot with an animal NEXT TO the scooter.
4 Points this week.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

nice pic Syd! I wish I could have gotten a picture of the coyote within a couple feet of me as I turned into my apartment last night :3
Lift heavy eat clean!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

We lost Zoe to cancer Wednesday.
<--She was a very good dog and she loved me with all her heart.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

LisaLisa wrote:We lost Zoe to cancer Wednesday.
<--She was a very good dog and she loved me with all her heart.
I'm sorry for your loss ::hugs::

I miss having dogs.
Lift heavy eat clean!
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

3 pts – your scooter with a pet actually ON BOARD (on the seat or floorboard, in the basket, perched on the handles or windscreen). There must be fur, feathers, scales, etc. in contact with the scooter or accessories.
2 pts - I'm in the pic (with one of my daughters.)
Total of 11 points, I believe
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

3 pts – your scooter with a pet actually ON BOARD
+2 pts – you are in the picture.

Total = 5 pts

Wow! It was tougher to get a picture of Kina on the scooter than I thought it would be. :shock:

I shoulda gone for the duct tape.

MB#1749 RBC#8

MiguelATF

Scooter Animal Day at the Farm!

Post by MiguelATF »

Well....here's my Pet Entry....but before you look at the pictures, I must thank my friends the Riley-Adams's, who have WAAYY more pets (and other assorted animals) than I do - and who generously consented to allow some of their quadruped tribal members (aka Pets) to participate in Scooter Scavenger Hunt Photo Madness. I must give specific kudos and thanks to the patient canine trio of Nola, Crunchie and Full - and also to the two Riley-Adams equine units, Tristan the horse who is quite a character, and his stable-mate Lacy who was a bit shyer.

Now to the scoring and the points...

Let's start with a pet actually "on board" the seat of my scooter - that's Nola the black doggie and in addition to actually sitting on the scooter seat she was very W-E-T (she'd just gone for a swim in the pond moments before), which gives a well earned 3 Pts...

Then, there's an additional 2 Pts for each additional animal NEXT to the scooter and as you can see, there are 3 of them - Crunchie (the yellow dog), Full (the black dog), and right behind them and next to me, Tristan the horse - for an additional 6 Pts...

Then since I am in the picture as well (the easy part), that's an additional 2 Pts...

Which make a Grand Total of.....11 Pts!

In fairness, I'm not really counting the other horse, Lacy, because she was much less interested in the Scooter proceedings than Tristan was and all you can really see of her is her pretty white fur, on the right. I'm also sorry to say that we couldn't convince the Ducks to come and join us - and the many Bees, who are also honorary Tribal members though not perhaps 'pets' in the traditional usage of the word, alas had prior commitments and were industriously working and making honey and were unable to take time from their busy schedules to join us.

So....this was exhausting. Time to go relax....with a nice tasty Milk Bone!

-Miguel
Attachments
It may not be immediately obvious from the photo but some Horses....think Scooters....are pretty darn fun!
It may not be immediately obvious from the photo but some Horses....think Scooters....are pretty darn fun!
Scooter&Pets.jpg (143.04 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Miguel -- a wonderful photo, and fabulous effort! Thanks for going the extra mile (or two, or three!).
armacham

Post by armacham »

5pts for the scooter with Starbuck on it, and me next to her. :)
Attachments
starbuckscooter.jpg
starbuckscooter.jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

3 pts – my scooter with my poor kitty scared out of her mind

5 points total

Lift heavy eat clean!
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

I like this topic. I'll post a picture later. Am I the only person who has to chase my cats off of my scooter? My oldest tom loves to sit on the scooter in the morning when I let him out. It's kind of funny, but I get tired of wiping dirty paw prints off the seat. He's always loved vehicles - cars, motorcycles, even bicycles. I just don't get it.

PasadenaSue
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

PasadenaSue wrote:I like this topic. I'll post a picture later. Am I the only person who has to chase my cats off of my scooter? My oldest tom loves to sit on the scooter in the morning when I let him out. It's kind of funny, but I get tired of wiping dirty paw prints off the seat. He's always loved vehicles - cars, motorcycles, even bicycles. I just don't get it.

PasadenaSue
My kitten is a sheltered indoor princess. When I took her outside for this pic, all of her muscles tightened and she just sat there wide eyed and claws out until we finished and put her back in the house. o_O
Lift heavy eat clean!
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Becktastic wrote:
PasadenaSue wrote:I like this topic. I'll post a picture later. Am I the only person who has to chase my cats off of my scooter? My oldest tom loves to sit on the scooter in the morning when I let him out. It's kind of funny, but I get tired of wiping dirty paw prints off the seat. He's always loved vehicles - cars, motorcycles, even bicycles. I just don't get it.

PasadenaSue
My kitten is a sheltered indoor princess. When I took her outside for this pic, all of her muscles tightened and she just sat there wide eyed and claws out until we finished and put her back in the house. o_O
Our cat hates cars. Won't go near the garage. At one point, I thought I was going to lose an arm... :shock:
MB#1749 RBC#8

newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Heh believe it or not all the cats in my pic are also indoor only cats and were really freaked out by the whole pic experience. We actually have another cat who is always trying to get outside who is not in the pic. Come picture time he couln't be found so we had the rat stand in for him. :lol:
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

MB#1749 RBC#8