I got $400 jacket for $240.... This is how you do it on Ebay

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

taile84

I got $400 jacket for $240.... This is how you do it on Ebay

Post by taile84 »

You can do this for almost anything on Ebay, but it has to be:
1. A buy it now item
2. You have to pay for it with Paypal
3. You can only use this offer 12 times, and you can only save $200 max for each item you purchase.

I put Jacket on the subject line because I recently ordered myself the Icon bombshell leather jacket, which runs $400 EVERYwhere.

I am terrible at explaining how to redeem your money for this deal so here is a link my fiance found for me that describes it pretty well. I hope this helps.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

My jacket is $400, subtract 30% because Microsoft is running a deal with Ebay to give Ebayers a discount on Buy it Now Items, subtract an additional 10% because Ebay is running a special discount for fall, and you get a total of 40% off anything you purchase! I have seen the Microsoft discount vary everyday for the last few weeks, it has been ranging anywhere from 8% off to 35% off, today when I ordered my jacket it was 30% off. Iif the 10% discount is not added automatically the code is CFALLSAVINGS10P, enter it when you check out)

TO MAKE SURE THAT THE ITEM WILL GET 40% OFF:
Be sure that when you have selected your item on Ebay, and you click the buy it now button, make sure that the item shows the Microsoft emblem and discount offer on the "Commit to Buy" page before you buy it.

You do not get the 30% rebate right away, it takes 60 days for you to get it which means you have to pay for the item upfront. My fiance has already ordered something off Ebay using this and he got his 30% back 2 months later. So it works :D

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hm, too bad I recently had to put a moratorium on my eBay spending! (Too many Pumas, too much temptation…)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Bump cause no one seems to be responding. Great deal folks, check it out! :D

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try! "Hmmmm...now what do I "need"?
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I was looking at the white version of that very same jacket on ebay a few days ago. Hmm...
Lift heavy eat clean!
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

sounds like a good idea for a Christmas gift.

As for me, I'm not allowed to buy anything between Sept and Christmas because I'm used to having to purchasing my own gifts if I'm to get what I want.

The Wife put an end to that.
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Becktastic wrote:I was looking at the white version of that very same jacket on ebay a few days ago. Hmm...
Beck, I actually got the white one but posted the black one cause that was the first link I found. The bombshell outfit is actually really cute together, but I think the pants might be a hassle so I don't want it, and plus, spending $240 on a jacket is enough for right now.

I tried the jacket on instores and it is very nice.

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

taile84 wrote:
Becktastic wrote:I was looking at the white version of that very same jacket on ebay a few days ago. Hmm...
Beck, I actually got the white one but posted the black one cause that was the first link I found. The bombshell outfit is actually really cute together, but I think the pants might be a hassle so I don't want it, and plus, spending $240 on a jacket is enough for right now.

I tried the jacket on instores and it is very nice.
So far I just have the boots :D

Lift heavy eat clean!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

beck, I'm looking at those boots too. How do they run? I wear an 8 in running shoes, a 7 in regular shoes, and a 6.5 in heels. In europe I'm a 38
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

LisaLisa wrote:beck, I'm looking at those boots too. How do they run? I wear an 8 in running shoes, a 7 in regular shoes, and a 6.5 in heels. In europe I'm a 38
I wear a 9 in my dancing flats and 9.5 in shoes I wear with socks. I bought these in 9.5 and got the wide after reading some reviews that they ran a little narrow. They fit perfectly :) The heel is -really- tall though, it gets a bit much to wear a whole day standing at work (but I'm sure my feet will get used to the abuse). They are really well made so the break in wasn't too bad. It feels tight around the ankle at first, but they feel great now and I've only had them about a week.
Lift heavy eat clean!
esk

Post by esk »

oo, thanks for posting about this! <nsr>i just snagged a shiny new turntable with a 30% discount and free shipping...woohoo!</nsr>
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

25% off a sweet pendant!Image

Thanks taile!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

A great big "thank you" for the heads-up. Needed a laptop for my daughter, and between the cashback deal and a 10% eBay coupon, I was able to nail one for about 35% off. The savings should keep me in gas well into next summer.