Battery Life

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasonkoscho

Battery Life

Post by jasonkoscho »

How's everyones battery life in the cold weather? Im having trouble starting up my blur kickstarting and with the electronic start. Any thoughts?
BlueMark

Battery Life

Post by BlueMark »

For sure a week of temperatures below 10 degrees f is enough to keep the Blur from starting by either battery or kickstart.

Probably should have run mine every day during the arctic blast.

-Mark
ScooterN2

Post by ScooterN2 »

I have been storing my Blur in a garage and went for about 6 weeks without riding due to snow, wet/icy roads. I would put a battery tender on once per week. The tender would show full charge in less than an hour of charging. So it seems as though the battery was holding up pretty well. It didn't immediately start when I rode it this week, but turned over OK.

I did connect an electric vest and gloves and rode to work (40 minutes) on Monday and Wed of this week. I only used the electric vest/gloves one way to work On Wed, when leaving work, the battery did not turn the motor over. I would guess that the current draw from the vest/gloves was more than the generator/alternator was producing. So I may not ride with the electric vest/gloves again.
jasonkoscho

finally

Post by jasonkoscho »

I kicked it over last night... it took a little more effort, but it turned over.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

cranking has been strong = no problem.

but mine doesn't like to start when this cold.

once she does start, warm up is very slow and she wants to stall rather than return to idle if i mess with the throttle at all (yes, my blur is a 'she').

not really a big problem as i'm too much of a lightweight to ride when this cold!

until further notice ... waiting for much warmer weather! :cry:
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!