Hit and Run: Richmond Riders - a favor please

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Hit and Run: Richmond Riders - a favor please

Post by Lostmycage »

Hello all,
Tonight I was involved in a hit and run. My wife and I had just left Scoot Richmond and were on our way to grab some dinner. At 2nd and Canal some ******* went from the right hand turn lane with his right turn signal on and waited till I was right next to him and pulled a hard left across three lanes of traffic right into me. I am pissed. He stopped long enough for me to get a make/model and partial license then he sped off. The bike's definitely seen better days. But myself and my wife were on it at the time and I think it would have been many times worse if the blur's brakes weren't so damned amazing. I was stopped enough to completely avoid him then he cut even harder into his left turn. I had so much adrenaline pumping through me that I stopped the bike, guided it to the ground (after he hit me) looked back to make sure the wife was OK then hauled ass after him because I *knew* he was gonna run. At that point the adrenaline was too much to focus clearly so I can't remember for the life of me the last four of the plate.

Please be on the lookout for a mid to late nineties dirty white Chevy Corsica with the license plate starting with KTH (Virginia Tags). It'll had damage on the rear driver's side quarter panel. If anyone sees a car with that description, don't drive next to it, but if at all possible, get me the last four of the plate for the Hit and Run report.

I'm glad I've always been a safety nut and was all decked out in gear and that I enforced that same rule with my wife. The worse of it all was a scratch on her leg - bandaid size.

I swear the guy did it on purpose. Even if he couldn't see me... there were about 5 other cars beside and behind me with their lights on.

Second request, swing by Scoot Richmond and let Chelsea know how unbelievably awesome she is. We called the shop and even though they were closed, she came out to get us and the bike and her and Pasco hung out with us while we waited an hour for the police to show up. Turns out a stabbing and a shooting trump a scooter accident.

OK, I'm gonna go drink some beers now. I'll throw a post in the Crash thread tomorrow. I just wanted to ask my fellow Richmonders to be on the lookout for me. Thanks and good night!
Last edited by Lostmycage on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Oh my! So glad you and your wife are OK!
If I were in Richmond I'd be out on patrol looking for that dude.
Better than average chance that car was stolen, or the occupants were DUI.
Did any of the cars around you stop to help? I hope so.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

I'm really glad you and your wife are both ok. I hope you get the jerk's license plate, and are able to charge that person with assault and attempted murder! Good luck tracking 'em down.
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

I got your back!!!!!!!! And you are correct, Chelsea and the gang at Scoot Richmond are awesome!
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Yikes! I was at Scoot Richmond on my scooter this afternoon, too. I'm glad you folks didn't get hurt any worse than you did. If you got the first three letters off the plate and the make and color of the car, you would think the cops could go through their database and find the car. It would be great to get that guy off the road if possible.

Again, I'm glad you aren't hurt. It seems like there's been an uptick in crazy driving since the economy was revealed to be in such bad shape. Everybody ride safe out there!
GDP

Post by GDP »

Man, rough times for scootin in RVA.
I was just talking to Chelsea about the wreck I just had
this afternoon (posted on the "who's crashed?")
and she mentioned two other accidents,
one a hit and run. I didn't realize it was you.
Glad you weren't seriously hurt, and glad to hear you
push the value of the safety gear.

This really sucks. Scooting is such a great way to get around
and Richmond for the most part is a great city for it.
It's pretty scary to hear it spoiled with injury and damage
because other folks are so careless, aggressive, and in your case,
possibly even malicious.

Again, glad you're OK and good luck with the man-hunt.
It sounds like they have enough information to go on.

Glen
GDP

Post by GDP »

Oh, I forget to second you're comment about how rad
Chelsea and her crew are. It's a great asset to the
community.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Thanks for the well wishes.

I was scouring my memory last night and I *think* that the last four of the tag are 9503. I'm supposed to hear from the detective that handles hit and run type occurrences sometime in the next few days.

Be on the lookout for a Chevy Corsica with VA tags KTH-9503.

If anyone can confirm that this vehicle exists with that tag (or a jumbling of the last 4 digits) I'd be greatly appreciative.

It turns out that scooters do have a sort of airbag if you're the passenger... it's called the driver. I'm actually a lot worse off than my wife is as far as bruising. Once the adrenaline wore off, I noticed a few minor scuffs. My brand new windshield - the one that's pretty much impossible to find - is shattered into a number of pieces. I think that's the most upsetting. I had just gotten in tweaked right on Tuesday.

Watch out downtown Richmonders. I always thought a grid system was easy to figure out. Seems driving is a little to tricky for (multiple explicatives deleted so your eyes don't burn out)

For some reason I can't post to the 7 hills forum, if one of you can make a post about the car on there, I'd be very thankful for it. I need to contact the administrator and see what's going on.

Again, thanks for the well wishes. We're fine, but my sense of justice and decency is a little bruised right now.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

GDP,
I'm sorry to hear about you and your Fiddle. I think we've run into each other (bad choice of words, sorry) at Scoot and one of the rides before. I hope your injuries are healing up OK. Chelsea had a busy night yesterday.

I don't know what the heck was wrong with that clown that hit me. I really want the police to find him.

I'm glad the guy that hit you had the decency to stop.
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

Lostmycage wrote: Watch out downtown Richmonders. I always thought a grid system was easy to figure out. Seems driving is a little to tricky for (multiple explicatives deleted so your eyes don't burn out)
Try driving a fire truck through town sometime - you'd think people could see THAT. :roll: I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and will keep an eye out for the Corsica.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

twoscoots wrote: Try driving a fire truck through town sometime - you'd think people could see THAT. :roll: I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and will keep an eye out for the Corsica.
After what happened yesterday, I'd love to drive a fire truck through downtown.

Just a suggestion: don't let me, I'd make it my personal mission to hit everything in sight that I found disagreeable. That'd be a fun as hell day for me!

So... I stopped by Scoot today and it's not looking good at all for the Blur. Bent forks and pretty much every piece of plastic is busted and or scratched. The frame's straight and true - turns out the Blur is really well built/designed. They had it all apart and they showed me the list of damaged pieces. Two large boxes over spilling on the floor and it filled up a sheet of legal paper. Talk about a world of suck...

Second downside... I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to convince my wife to ride solo now. She was nervous/unconfident before this happened. There goes that plan. We can't both ride comfortably on the Buddy, at least not for longer distances.

Third on the suck list: I couldn't scoot to work today as I'm a little on the stiff side and I wouldn't be able to check my blind spots. Hopefully I'll be good by Monday.

The good side: All the performance parts that are on the Blur translate perfectly to the Buddy. It'll be a hoot, it just won't be a Blur. Still no windshield. How tacky would the Buddy look with a gun rack?

I'm waiting to hear back from both the claims adjuster and the vehicular offense detective hopefully tomorrow.

Second bit of good... there's absolutely nothing holding me back from completely "customizing" the Blur now. If the frame is true and the engine is good like they said... It might be time for a Blurattler. A naked Blur looks a whole lot like the rattler and those "downhill" handlebars that the Rattler have would look bad-ass on the Blur, assuming I could get a gauge cluster to work on it. It might be a new project bike if it's not salvageable.

I'm trying to remain in high spirits, but it's a little on the tough side. It makes it easier that our worst injury is a bruised and friction skinned knee or two along with some pulled muscles. Blagh...

Find me that Corsica!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Gun rack? Get a mount designed for an ATV. I think that would be BOSS.
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/produc ... rod=470712

and the BlurRattler? you mean a Blurter or a Blatter? :lol:
keep smiling and git that corsica. Aka the corpsica after you get through with it.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

LisaLisa wrote:Gun rack? Get a mount designed for an ATV. I think that would be BOSS.
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/produc ... rod=470712

and the BlurRattler? you mean a Blurter or a Blatter? :lol:
keep smiling and git that corsica. Aka the corpsica after you get through with it.
Corpsica... I think I might have just found a name for the Blur. Pure genius, Lisalisa!

I wonder what kind of font I should use for the reflective decal? Gothic, maybe?
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Use the font of the corsica emblem
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

I bet the driver was intoxicated, uninsured and probably undocumented. Slam me all you want for profiling, but you'll find that same beater car or truck every day in every city doing the exact same thing.

I'm very thankful that neither you nor your wife were severly injured. I can tell from your earlier posts right after the accident that you are now coming out of the initial shock and are getting angry. That's good. Go after this a**hole and hold him accountable.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

BigColdMartini wrote:I bet the driver was intoxicated, uninsured and probably undocumented. Slam me all you want for profiling, but you'll find that same beater car or truck every day in every city doing the exact same thing.

I'm very thankful that neither you nor your wife were severly injured. I can tell from your earlier posts right after the accident that you are now coming out of the initial shock and are getting angry. That's good. Go after this a**hole and hold him accountable.
You better be right. I don't care about profiling. If this person wasn't one or all of the above then they did it maliciously. That's a lot worse.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Lostmycage wrote:Find the Chevy Corsica! White-dirty mid-late 90's, damage to the rear driver's side; VA tags KTH and the last 4 "9503
Here is every possible combination of KTH and 9503. There are 24 of them. The detective should be able to just look them up and find that Corsica!

KTH 9530
KTH 9503
KTH 9350
KTH 9305
KTH 9053
KTH 9035
KTH 5930
KTH 5903
KTH 5390
KTH 5309
KTH 5093
KTH 5039
KTH 3950
KTH 3905
KTH 3590
KTH 3509
KTH 3095
KTH 3059
KTH 0953
KTH 0935
KTH 0593
KTH 0539
KTH 0395
KTH 0359
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Ha-ha! That list just made me see red!

I'll print that out for both the Police and the Insurance investigators, I kept saying that I'll get to that, lol. Probably better to have a list instead of assume that whoever's doing a search would take the time to make one.

Thanks John!
broke

Post by broke »

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this! Imagine what would have happened to a less prepared, less experienced rider!

And I'm really sorry to hear that this has ruined riding for your wife... That would be worth several extra kicks to the throat in a road warrior justice world!
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

I'm seething with anger right now.
P.E.A.C.E Scooter has transformed into B.A.T.T.L.E Scooter.

Let's get this Corpsica!!!

Sorry bud about the injuries--both physical and mental (for the wifey) I hope that the police do their job. I hope the wife gets some confidence back--I always felt good about my first wreck--having gotten it out of the way...
skotot

Post by skotot »

I hope things get resolved. It's way too easy to become pessimistic while in your situation, so keep on it.

On a plus note, this story had me on higher alert today while riding around and was probably responsible for avoiding getting hit. Some senile old guy in a huge minivan decided to change lanes in the middle of a giant intersection without using his turn signals. Problem was, I was in that lane, so I hit the horn... The old guy gave me the finger as he cut me off, but all came out well.
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

Sorry to hear about the blur. Glad you and the wife are ok. As a a member of S.P.A.Z. I think we can temporarily change it to S.P.A.A.W.H.P.A.D.A (Scooter Patrol For the Annihilation of @ssholes Who Hit People And Drive Away)
Red Buddy Club
S.P.A.Z MEMBER
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Thanks for the well wishes!

Post by Lostmycage »

Thanks for the well wishes! The imagining what would have happened to a less experienced rider is precisely what's taken all the steam out of my wife's want to ride solo.

Alix, thanks for the PM. I've had a few similar offers from folks with friends in the RPD. I'm probably going to show up at the Indian Summer Rally and pass out fliers, both for my personal retribution and as a warning to be on the lookout for someone who has so little regard for scooterists. I actually started a thread in the Blur section about the potential for a rebirth as a Battle scooter should restoring it to pristine not be an option. I'm actually looking for ideas at the moment. Think: Blur-Rattler, but with more attitude and better brakes. I'm actually slightly relieved that I got that first one out of the way, I'm just pissed that I was robbed of it being my own stupidity and being able to learn something from it. From all accounts, I did everything I could have done and more. In retrospect, I'm kinda surprised that I had the presence of mind to chase the guy on foot long enough to get as much detail as possible.

Skotot, I'm glad this post put you on higher alert and helped prevent an accident. I'm not pessimistic at all, I'm very optimistic about catching this subhuman. I just really want someone else to catch them before I do.

UrbanBuddy82, I've kept a sharp eye out for pretty much any white car I've seen lately. White cars make me very angry these last few days.

To anyone else, if you know anyone in the Richmond area, pass the info in my signature along and have them be on guard. The more I play it over in my head and talk to my wife about it, there's not a single circumstance where this could have been an accident. This person tried to kill us outright, risking their own lives to do it. At least 4 cars were surrounding me when the car made a left from the right hand turn lane. This person belongs in a really small concrete cell at the very least. Personally, I would be insulted if my tax dollars went towards clothing and sheltering them. I'm sure someone can think of a much cheaper solution... :twisted:

We're doing fine, the Blur is... well the jury's out on that. Frame and motor are good, all the plastic, well those are in a few large boxes.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I've been reading this thread the last couple days and wanted to pass on my belated well wishes. Thank God you're both safe. May lighting strike the bastard that hit you. I hope they catch him/her and throw the book at 'em.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I think if you remembered those tag digits right, they'll get the car.
Maybe your wife will gain some confidence back- after all, that was so freaky and out of the blue- the chances of something like that must be like getting hit by a car while walking on the sidewalk. Obviously the same guy could have taken out pedestrian with the way he was driving.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

LisaLisa wrote: the chances of something like that must be like getting hit by a car while walking on the sidewalk.
Don't laugh, that almost happened to me in Rochester, NY early this year. I was walking down the sidewalk minding my own biz. A car came up the street normally, not weaving terribly or anything, then veered right at me, jumped the curb with his right wheels and drove right through where I'd been walking right before I screamed bloody murder and jumped out of the way. Fortunately the curb was fairly tall and it snagged the undercarriage of his car and slowed him down just enough for me to get out of his way. The car came to a halt maybe 50-60 feet from where I was... then the backup lights came on and I ran like hell for my life, so I can't say what he did after that. I'm not from Rochester, had never been there before, don't know anybody in Rochester, was just there for my kid's volleyball tournament. If this had happened in Richmond, I'd have assumed that somebody was trying to assassinate me. As it was, I figure it was one of life's random incidents.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

...unless by chance you bear a striking resemblance to "vinny the stick" montano
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I actually started a thread in the Blur section about the potential for a rebirth as a Battle scooter should restoring it to pristine not be an option. I'm actually looking for ideas at the moment. Think: Blur-Rattler, but with more attitude and better brakes.
Can I cast a vote for "Blurtler"?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I should hear back on the final damage reports early this week. Depending on what happens, maybe I'll post a poll for the renaming of it. It's really hard to let a solid chassis like the Blur's go to waste. It's more than likely going to be out of commission for an everyday driver until I can get it situated again. In the mean time, we're considering selling the Buddy. It's got a solid step into being completely customized, but not too far. After the accident, my wife won't ride solo. I can't say I blame her. After riding the blur, I can't go back to the Buddy, especially for 2-up riding. We're probably looking at a larger scooter if the Blur doesn't make it, as riding together brought us a lot of joy. That joy get's trumped on the Buddy, though, hehe.

(Before you start, the Buddy's perfectly capable of handling two people. It's not comfortable for the two of us to ride it. A lot of that has to do with being held to the standard that the Blur set, so blame it!)

We're still on the lookout for the dead-beat driving the Corsica, so if anyone sees anything, please PM me so that I can forward the info to the RPD.

Ride safe, everyone!
intheclouds

Post by intheclouds »

Wow - this must be h*ll for you and your wife - where's the next evil car coming from. Reminds me of the sharp shooter from 5 years ago. Take of yourself; the blurattler, rablurtler sounds like a really great idea!

A thought came to mind as I've read these posts, in MSF they talk about "you go where you look" - if the driver was intoxicated in some way, he might have fixated on you and just went where he looked. Get HIM!
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

Every time I hit up the forum, I check this thread hoping to see a "We got 'im!" post. I'll certainly keep hoping...sorry, lostmycage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

It was exactly a week ago tonight. I still haven't heard anything from the police, even though I tried calling them with additional info that I had remembered after I'd calmed down. If someone could just answer the phone or return my call, I'm fairly sure it'd take like 5 minutes of searching their databases to find the driver of the hit and run. That's a little more than disappointing.

Meanwhile, I've been going to work on the Buddy, as my wife's pretty much told me flat out that she's not even considering riding until Spring. Hopefully she'll gain some confidence then. I keep trying to tell her that it was a very rare thing. It would have nailed our car as well, had we been driving that.

The insurance company adjuster told me that they're going to total it. I'm not ready to let that happen just yet, especially since they want to send it to who knows where. I'm not sending my bike to a junkyard, that's just wasteful, I don't care if the Blur was still sold in the states or not. I got into scootering half for fun, but also half to be more responsible environmentally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fooling myself thinking that I'm saving money, chances are, with gear and accessories and all the joy riding, it'll take years before we make up the cost of me parking my Jeep, longer if I decide to get more scooters (a very likely possibility, ain't that right, Citycom 300i?). It was more for fun.... but still, how environmentally responsible could you be if you junked every little thing that got banged up a little. Yeah, I need new forks and a lot of Body panels, but the frame's true and the motor's friggin' bullet proof. I can't justify letting this go to the junkyard. It's stupid in every regard. So I'm gonna have to push the point a bit, as well as use their own definitions of my coverage in my rebuttal.

I'll know more later, and I'll post any updates. Especially if the guy is caught. By either the Police or otherwise. There's a few angry scooterists buzzing around the streets of RVA.

Hell, I can't even focus on my riding when I see a domestic made white sedan go by. On several occasions in the past few days, I've made U-turns to go check the plates of white Corsica's that I've passed. I want this guy. Badly. Partly for me, mostly to make sure they never see a car again.

Other than that, everythings good! There's even a rally starting tomorrow. Indian Summer 3. I'll have to miss out on Saturday's festivities (the really good day) because a dear friend will be through and I get to see him once a year or two if I'm lucky. Last year I had to get married to get him into town and be my best man. Now that's a hard friend to pin down for a visit! :lol:

Be safe all, watch out for the F-tards out there. Use your horn if you have time, but use your brakes first and foremost!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Lostmycage wrote:It was exactly a week ago tonight. I still haven't heard anything from the police, even though I tried calling them with additional info that I had remembered after I'd calmed down. If someone could just answer the phone or return my call, I'm fairly sure it'd take like 5 minutes of searching their databases to find the driver of the hit and run. That's a little more than disappointing.

Meanwhile, I've been going to work on the Buddy, as my wife's pretty much told me flat out that she's not even considering riding until Spring. Hopefully she'll gain some confidence then. I keep trying to tell her that it was a very rare thing. It would have nailed our car as well, had we been driving that.

The insurance company adjuster told me that they're going to total it. I'm not ready to let that happen just yet, especially since they want to send it to who knows where. I'm not sending my bike to a junkyard, that's just wasteful, I don't care if the Blur was still sold in the states or not. I got into scootering half for fun, but also half to be more responsible environmentally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fooling myself thinking that I'm saving money, chances are, with gear and accessories and all the joy riding, it'll take years before we make up the cost of me parking my Jeep, longer if I decide to get more scooters (a very likely possibility, ain't that right, Citycom 300i?). It was more for fun.... but still, how environmentally responsible could you be if you junked every little thing that got banged up a little. Yeah, I need new forks and a lot of Body panels, but the frame's true and the motor's friggin' bullet proof. I can't justify letting this go to the junkyard. It's stupid in every regard. So I'm gonna have to push the point a bit, as well as use their own definitions of my coverage in my rebuttal.

I'll know more later, and I'll post any updates. Especially if the guy is caught. By either the Police or otherwise. There's a few angry scooterists buzzing around the streets of RVA.

Hell, I can't even focus on my riding when I see a domestic made white sedan go by. On several occasions in the past few days, I've made U-turns to go check the plates of white Corsica's that I've passed. I want this guy. Badly. Partly for me, mostly to make sure they never see a car again.

Other than that, everythings good! There's even a rally starting tomorrow. Indian Summer 3. I'll have to miss out on Saturday's festivities (the really good day) because a dear friend will be through and I get to see him once a year or two if I'm lucky. Last year I had to get married to get him into town and be my best man. Now that's a hard friend to pin down for a visit! :lol:

Be safe all, watch out for the F-tards out there. Use your horn if you have time, but use your brakes first and foremost!
Its usually in your best interest to let them total it. You are usually given the option of buying it back at a very very low rate. You'll often end up with more money if they total and you buy back vs you keeping them from totalling it.

As always, talk to your insurance agent before taking my advice ;)
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The only downside to them totaling it is that they want me to release it for pickup to who knows where. That tells me that I won't get it back. I'm still figuring out my options at this point. I wouldn't mind getting it back as a project bike to work on in my free time, but it'd have to keep it's title and not get a salvage title. That would make things a lot more difficult.

Plan B is still take the money, sell the Buddy and get a Citycom 300i. We'll see how it all pans out soon, hopefully.

Still no word from the RPD. I can understand a backlog, but not returning my calls at all, even telling them that I have additional info that pretty much makes it a solid case, that's extremely disappointing.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

If it turns out that reincarnating the Blur is too much of a reach, have you considered buying it back and then parting it out? Salvage title shouldn't make any difference at that point. Hate to sound like an opportunistic buzzard, but if the insurance company takes it, it's going to the scrapyard. It'd be a shame to see such a rare bird go to waste, especially since getting Blur parts is such a royal PITA.

Regardless of what you decide, did the shop or the cops check the busted panels for paint marks? May come in handy if they come up with a suspect and need to do a match on the paint. Might wanna hold on to them.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

We still have all the panels at the shop. I hadn't really thought about checking for paint. I can guarantee you that the cops have done absolutely nothing. They stopped by and took a report an hour after the crash. That's about it.

Wanna hear the truly sad part? I mean the ridiculous, you should be embarrassed sad part??! It took place 2 blocks away from the police station. At one point, I considered calling them again and asking if I should just walk down there. Maybe I could have gotten a few coffees to take to them as an apology for getting in the way. I'm a patient guy, but don't tell me you'll call tomorrow then not answer my calls when I start to wonder what's going on?
My wife keeps telling me it's them and not me. Does the 2 day rule apply to crimes as well? When does it start to seem like I'm stalky or psycho? Am I coming on too strong? Why won't anyone police for me?! Where's my Prozac?

OK, all that kidding aside, I'm generally a patient person, but this is beyond sad. I understand that there's much more screwed up things in the city. It's irritating if nothing else.

As for the bike, I'm gonna try to get it back in one way or another. If it's a parts bike for another project then so be it. If it's a track bike for me, OK. If it gets completely restored and I get to ride it again in the next month, even better. We'll see.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

When Bubbles (R.I.P.) was totalled, Tulsa Scooters bought her from the insurance co. She is now stored off-site and will either become a shop project over the winter, or will be parted out as a donor-cycle.

Either way, my first Buddy did not get sent to the landfill, and will live on. . . :D
WildVitality

Post by WildVitality »

Have you considered going to the police station and just hanging out until someone will talk to you? They can't leave you sitting there forever!
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

You could try calling Lt Lisa Drew, who's the Lt for sector 413 (encompasses 2nd and Canal). Her # is 646-4105.
I had a similar problem about twelve years ago and when I called the second precinct to rant and rave, the precinct captain answered the phone. He got a very frustrated earful, but the communications issue was promptly resolved.
Actually appearing at the precinct isn't a bad idea - just do it on a weekday so there are more white-shirts around.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Call the police and say that you want to amend your complaint from hit and run to attempted homicide.

They may jump on the hit and run case just to avoid the extra paperwork.

-Mark
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The Bike's not totaled, but it isn't going to be all perfect like it was before the hit. Can't say I'm excited about that part... Now I've just got to wait on parts, hopefully that'll be somewhat painless.

I think it's time to sell the Buddy to help pay for the Blur's restoration. My wife's not going to ride it at all, so no need to keep it around.

So. Much. Fun.

Now Scoot Richmond's getting a bunch of calls because the insurance company tried to get a head start on totaling it, so there's a bunch of random people calling about it... Lol, no!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Lostmycage wrote:The Bike's not totaled, but it isn't going to be all perfect like it was before the hit. Can't say I'm excited about that part... Now I've just got to wait on parts, hopefully that'll be somewhat painless.

I think it's time to sell the Buddy to help pay for the Blur's restoration. My wife's not going to ride it at all, so no need to keep it around.

So. Much. Fun.

Now Scoot Richmond's getting a bunch of calls because the insurance company tried to get a head start on totaling it, so there's a bunch of random people calling about it... Lol, no!
Heh, thats kinda funny. I hate it when insurance companies try to second guess the shop's decision.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Speaking of insurance companies.... they suck. We had to take some hits to the estimate so that it wouldn't be totaled (and sent to who knows where, they didn't even offer it to me before they sent the vultures to my local shop). So I'm eating some of the cost of the restore. I'm not happy about that in the least, and if I find the guy (the Police are pretty much out of the equation at this point) I'll be sure to let him know the frustration.

My wife's not interested in the least about riding the Buddy anymore, so we're gonna have to sell it to get the Blur back to pre-(extremely censored) condition. These last few weeks have been [sarcasm] so much fun! [/sarcasm]. I'm not even sure how long it'll take to get it road-worthy again because we're going to be getting parts for a bike that's no longer imported.

Maybe we'll start making lap blankets to help off-set the repair costs as well... who knows. Man... I'm glad I live in Henrico county. If it had to happen, I really wish it had happened here (5 miles would have made a world of difference, I'm sure). I just posted in the for sale section about the Buddy. Gahh!
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

can you post the phone number for the police station or better the e-mail address for the chief of police there? maybe if enough of us band together and hound the cops for long enough, they will get up off their jelly dougnuts and do something about it...
Red Buddy Club
S.P.A.Z MEMBER