Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week 3 - Spooktacular Scooters

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week 3 - Spooktacular Scooters

Post by OKBubbles »

Sorry, I forgot to put this up before church this morning!

You have until midnight on Sunday, Nov. 2 to get your picture posted for this category. Please list the total for your submission. Have fun!

Spooktacular Scooters

3 pts – your scooter with a jack o’ lantern on the seat. Not just a pumpkin – there has to be carving!

+1 – you are in the photo

+2 – you are in costume (yes, this would make 3 points for YOU!)

+2 – each additional costumed person in the photo. Maximum of 5 additional people

+5 – the background is seasonally appropriate. Pumpkin patch, haunted house, Halloween costume shop, decorated department store window, your wacky neighbor’s fake cemetery or inflated ghost, etc.

QUESTION: Why do jack-o-lanterns have stupid smiles on their faces?

ANSWER: You'd have a stupid smile, too, if you had just had all your brains scooped out!

To recap the rules:

-A new photo subject added every Sunday. Participants will have until the following Sunday at midnight to post their pic (TAKEN THAT WEEK) .
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (But if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post to note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.)
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-No Photoshop submissions
-Prize? Sure, if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had. Also, it's become something of a tradition that the winner gets to be the huntmeister for the next round of photos.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I may be last in the standings, but I'm first in this week.

Even if it is just 3 points:

It's the headless scooterist!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

HAHAha that's pretty clever Syd :)
Lift heavy eat clean!
Syd

Post by Syd »

He's baaaack
No Pts, just 'cause.
MiguelATF

Spooktacular Scooter in Ashland, Oregon!

Post by MiguelATF »

Well....kudos to OKBubbles for another good challenge this week. In search of a good Halloween ambiance, I traveled from my hometown of Talent to neighboring Ashland which, for those who don't know it, is the home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival - a town full of actors and people who like to dress up - and also home to a wonderful Halloween tradition - every Halloween Ashland blocks off all the downtown streets and every kid around - and quite a few adults - all dress up and parade on a route through downtown where tradition demands that local stores and business come out and give candies and treats to the costumed paraders. It's a colorful and wild pageant and this year we are having unseasonably warm weather in Southern Oregon so everyone wasn't all freezing....which was a good thing for some costumes.

Now to the points. First, there IS a home-carved (done by myself) Jack-O-Lantern sitting atop my scooter seat (and it had to be small enough to fit in the Givi topcase) - so that's 3 Pts for starters...

Then since I am in the photo - that an additional 1 Pt - and since I'm wearing my costume (my Dinosaur Mask, my Soccer Shirt and a Feathered Cap - I'm a feathered Soccer-playing Dinosaur!) that's an additional 2 Pts!

There's an additonal 2 Pts for each additional costumed person in the photo, up to a total of 5 - but as you can see I have MORE than five since the costumed Young Women who work at 'Rare Earth' (the store right behind the scooter) volunteered to come out an join this week's Scavenger Hunt - as well as a younger Trick-or-Treater who also joined in the festivities - well, that makes an additional 10Pts

And finally - an appropriate background - which in this case is the both a combination of the decorated Halloween Store Window - look closely and you will see at least One Skull, One Skeleton, and a floating Pumpkin-Mobile! (Rare Earth is a store which specializes in Seasonal Fun Stuff, including special Halloween Stuff!) - and additionally, since the Ashland Halloween tradition calls for Store employees to hand out massive amounts of candy, there are four huge baskets of candy which the Rare Earth Costumed Ladies are holding which is a rich part of the Ashland All Hallows Eve Parade tradition --- so that's a bonus of an additional 5Pts

For....a total of.... 21 Pts !

Time to go eat Halloween candy now....mmmmmmmmm!

Miguel
Attachments
Why do we only get to do this...Once a Year?!
Why do we only get to do this...Once a Year?!
ScooterHalloween2.jpg (109.08 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Last edited by MiguelATF on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiguelATF

He's baaaaack!

Post by MiguelATF »

Syd wrote:He's baaaack
No Pts, just 'cause.
Damn.....nice photo Syd.

This may be the scooter equivalent of Ichabod Crane being chased by the Headless Horseman near Tarrytown, NY....the Legend of Sleepy Hollow....

But the Headless Scooter Rider is a great 21st Century update!

Miguel
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

You rocked that Miguel!

I just got my camera battery charged, so maybe I can submit something if people are still doing costume parties today...
Lift heavy eat clean!
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

3 pts – your scooter with a jack o’ lantern on the seat.
+1 – you are in the photo
+2 – you are in costume
+2 – each additional costumed person in the photo. (X3)
+5 – the background is seasonally appropriate.

Total = 17 pts

And in case you're wondering...I've just recovered the Blade of Atahualpa. It belongs in a museum! My wife is blackmail. My son is a samuri warrior battling our giant house spider and my daughter is just happy to be playing Tiger Lily. :D

MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

I don't care too much about points but I was bored last night.

-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

O, these are WONDERFUL! These photo hunts make me wish I had internet access at home and a fully-functioning digital camera. Here's a photo taken by Sean @ Philadelphia Scooters. As per Syd's request:

ModBud #442
Syd

Post by Syd »

polianarchy wrote:O, these are WONDERFUL! These photo hunts make me wish I had internet access at home and a fully-functioning digital camera. Here's a photo taken by Sean @ Philadelphia Scooters. As per Syd's request:
Thanks, PoliAnarchy. But if you don't have internet access at home, and you are a Mod, where do you do your Modding? :wink:
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Syd wrote:Thanks, PoliAnarchy. But if you don't have internet access at home, and you are a Mod, where do you do your Modding? :wink:
Psh I think it's a known fact, 95% of the time MBers are on online, we're at work :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Syd wrote:Thanks, PoliAnarchy. But if you don't have internet access at home, and you are a Mod, where do you do your Modding? :wink:
Yeah, what Becktastic said! Duh.... :wink:
ModBud #442