Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week 4 - It's a dirty game

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Scooter Scavenger Hunt v.3 - Week 4 - It's a dirty game

Post by OKBubbles »

Our long national nightmare is (nearly) over!

(Before anyone blows a gasket, "nightmare" is a reference to the 22-month long campaign!) It’s finally election week. Get a shot of your scooter with election paraphernalia.

2 pts – your scooter with a campaign yard-sign.

+1 pt – each additional yard-sign for a different candidate (up to a total of 5 additional signs)

+1 pt – you are in the photo

+2 pt – you are wearing a shirt or hat for a candidate

+2 pts – there is a political candidate billboard in the photo

At ericalm's suggestion, I'm adding:

+2 pts -- you have an I VOTED sticker in the photo

(Eric suggested adding points for taking the pic in front of an official voting site, but most states prohibit posting signs, etc. within 200/300 ft., so I'm leaving that one out.)

All the material should be for candidates in the current election cycle. (Don’t go digging that old McGovern t-shirt out of your closet.) If you take your picture AFTER Tuesday, you can gather up a bunch of signs littering the roadside and use them as props. Consider it an act of community service.

You have until midnight, Sunday, November 9 to post your photo.

NOTE: This is my 4th week to "run" this hunt, and I have an idea for one more. Should I do it, or is it time to hand off to someone new? Either way works for me.

One more recap of the rules:

-A new photo subject added every Sunday. Participants will have until the following Sunday at midnight to post their pic (TAKEN THAT WEEK) .
-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (But if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post to note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.)
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-No Photoshop submissions
-Prize? Sure, if we can figure out a way to do that, but the real prize will be bragging rights & all the fun we all had. Also, it's become something of a tradition that the winner gets to be the huntmeister for the next round of photos.
Last edited by OKBubbles on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

I can see the crap hitting the fan on this one.

Case in point, Obama
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm going to just advise that everyone do their best to keep this free of any political statements or commentary. I have no yard signs but my neighbors do and I have no reservations about using photos of the signs of candidates I don't support.

So, photos good. Political comments or demonstrations, bad.

Since I don't want to have to lock a scavenger hunt thread, I may take a more active stance in editing any comments that violate the posting guidelines.

Cool?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

ericalm wrote:I'm going to just advise that everyone do their best to keep this free of any political statements or commentary.
OKBubbles wrote:Our long national nightmare is (nearly) over!

:?: :?: :?:
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

One presumes the nightmare referred to is the incredibly long political season, which for tuesday's election started years ago.
It must be wearying for voters of all political inclinations.
I know I for one am fatigued by the whole thing. :zzz:
I want to watch beer commercials for a change.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Orange Guy wrote:
ericalm wrote:I'm going to just advise that everyone do their best to keep this free of any political statements or commentary.
OKBubbles wrote:Our long national nightmare is (nearly) over!

:?: :?: :?:
Please note that this phrase was referring to the VERY long campaign season. If this "hunt" turns out to be something that makes people crazy, I'll just delete the whole thing. Please take it in the spirit in which it was offered -- I don't care whose signs you use.
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

LisaLisa wrote:
I know I for one am fatigued by the whole thing. :zzz:
I want to watch beer commercials for a change.
Ditto....and I'd even be happy to see all the drug commercials return! :wink: :wink:
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

OKBubbles wrote:Please note that this phrase was referring to the VERY long campaign season.
That's what I thought ... but ya never know. :wink: Not sure which is worse: long campaigns or Christmas merchandise in October?

Can I get a million points if I can get a pic of my scoot in a voting booth?
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Orange Guy wrote:
OKBubbles wrote:Please note that this phrase was referring to the VERY long campaign season.
That's what I thought ... but ya never know. :wink: Not sure which is worse: long campaigns or Christmas merchandise in October?

Can I get a million points if I can get a pic of my scoot in a voting booth?
:lol: :lol: :lol: An official voting booth during this election with the expected turnout. Lol that would be quite the feat! I certainly would be impressed!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Syd

Post by Syd »

OK, I have to ask. Must it be a yard sign? Or can it be the signs posted on street corners?

I need to know how many houses I need to, umm, visit tonight. Visit, yeah that's it!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Orange Guy wrote: Not sure which is worse: long campaigns or Christmas merchandise in October?
One of the local radio stations is playing 24/7 Christmas music NOW. :wtf:
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Syd wrote:OK, I have to ask. Must it be a yard sign? Or can it be the signs posted on street corners?

I need to know how many houses I need to, umm, visit tonight. Visit, yeah that's it!
Visiting your local street corners to "divest" them of the post-election leftovers would likely be considered a public service! :wink:
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

LisaLisa wrote:
Orange Guy wrote: Not sure which is worse: long campaigns or Christmas merchandise in October?
That's just really really sad :roll:
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Syd

Post by Syd »

OKBubbles wrote:
Syd wrote:OK, I have to ask. Must it be a yard sign? Or can it be the signs posted on street corners?

Visiting your local street corners to "divest" them of the post-election leftovers would likely be considered a public service! :wink:
Though always happy to perform a public service <grin>, the question was serious. Can the picture be on a street corner? Or does it need to be what is obviously someone's yard?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

newslinky wrote:
LisaLisa wrote:
That's just really really sad :roll:
Yes it is. Can we at least get through Thanksgiving before going full court press on Christmas, please?
chicagoscooterclub

Post by chicagoscooterclub »

Here's my submission.

Signs check
Polling place Check
Candidate stuff check
I voted Receipt Check
Me Check
Scooter Check
Creepy dude in background Check

See the full sizes image here. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/300 ... 9846_b.jpg
Attachments
Eric Chicago Scooter Club
Eric Chicago Scooter Club
eric-CSC.jpg (178.82 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Chicago Scooter Club
Scooter is our middle name
www.chicagoscooterclub.com
MiguelATF

Sweet!

Post by MiguelATF »

chicagoscooterclub wrote:Here's my submission.

Signs check
Polling place Check
Candidate stuff check
I voted Receipt Check
Me Check
Scooter Check

See the full sizes image here. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/300 ... 9846_b.jpg
SWEET Pic, ChicagoScooterClub - Nice post!!!!!

-Miguel

P.S. Looks like nice weather in Chicago....nicer than we are having out here in Oregon where there's a winter storm watch in effect right now across parts of the state
MiguelATF

Winter Storm watch on Election Day in Oregon!

Post by MiguelATF »

It's very cold here in Southern Oregon on Election Day - last night it snowed in the local mountains and today it's been cold, in the low 40's with bouts of rain and wind, good weather to bundle up if one is out and about and scooting hither and thither...which I did for this week's Scavenger Hunt, over in neighboring Ashland where a bunch of local races have prompted wholesale sprouting of different campaigns signs etc

Here's my scoring - 2 Pts for my scooter with a campagin yard sign (in this case, Chris Walker running for local County Clerk) - 3 additional Pts for yard signs for 3 more different candidates (Chris Walker's opponent Colleen Roberts, and Joe Charter and Tim Barnack) - 1 more point for me being in the photo! - another 2 Pts for my T-shirt which shows a Photo of the Candidate of my choice as well as his name! - 2 more points for the Billboard, just behind my scooter, for local football announcer Pete Belcastro who's running for office - and a final 2 Pts for the "I Voted" sticker which I am holding up (confession - the sticker was too tiny to be seen so I printed a larger more visible version of same).....for a grand Election Day Total of..... 12 Pts !

I hope the Election Day weather is treating the rest of you fellow Scooteristas decently but back here in Oregon it's time to put another log in the wood stove, break out the Hot Toddy's....and begin some unspecified but inventive celebrations of the democratic voting process.

GO (candidate-of-your-choice)!

-Miguel
Attachments
It's way colder here than it looks!
It's way colder here than it looks!
ScooterElectionDay.jpg (137.71 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Syd wrote:
OKBubbles wrote:

Though always happy to perform a public service <grin>, the question was serious. Can the picture be on a street corner? Or does it need to be what is obviously someone's yard?
Sorry I didn't answer your question quickly, Syd. Yes, you can take your pic on a street corner. The signs are the important factor.
chicagoscooterclub

Re: Sweet!

MiguelATF wrote:
chicagoscooterclub wrote:Here's my submission.

Signs check
Polling place Check
Candidate stuff check
I voted Receipt Check
Me Check
Scooter Check

SWEET Pic, ChicagoScooterClub - Nice post!!!!!

-Miguel

P.S. Looks like nice weather in Chicago....nicer than we are having out here in Oregon where there's a winter storm watch in effect right now across parts of the state
Thanks Miguel! Yeah, record temps here in Chicago right now, we are really enjoying it. It's like September here! We road around until about noon after standing in line at 5am to vote. We made our way down to the Loop finding a good place to park our scooters then walked into Grant Park. Photos and video on our web site now.
Chicago Scooter Club
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I'm not sure I'll have time to do a picture this week. But I did snap this one on election day!

I thought it was cute ^_^

Lift heavy eat clean!
chicagoscooterclub

Becktastic wrote:I'm not sure I'll have time to do a picture this week. But I did snap this one on election day!

I thought it was cute ^_^

It counts your tank is still in the blue. :wink:

Iconic Mile!
Chicago Scooter Club
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

chicagoscooterclub wrote:It counts your tank is still in the blue. :wink:

Iconic Mile!
Yay! :D
Lift heavy eat clean!
MiguelATF

One More Week for OKBubbles!

Post by MiguelATF »

OKBubbles wrote:NOTE: This is my 4th week to "run" this hunt, and I have an idea for one more. Should I do it, or is it time to hand off to someone new? Either way works for me.
Hey OK Bubbles - I think you should run ONE MORE WEEK of your Scavenger Hunts - because you've been a fine HuntMaster - and I for one would like to see what ingenious idea you have for us next....

That's my Vote (GO Bubbles!)

Miguel
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

No more hunts? :(

I guess it's getting to be a bad season for most people. :?

We could give points for garage pics! +1 for every layer of clothing you are wearing ;)
Lift heavy eat clean!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I could have gotten a photo of my scooter in snow flurries on Sunday - points for that?
MiguelATF

Calling OKBubbles?!

Post by MiguelATF »

Has anyone heard from OKBubbles lately? I posted a week or so ago asking her if she would follow-up and *do* the last (and 5th week) Scavenger Hunt which she said she had an idea for....but I haven't heard back from her. I even sent her a PM a few days ago.....with no reply.

So....if you are reading this, OKBubbles....I hope you are a) Okay..... and b) willing to come back and do that last 5th Week Hunt that you talked about doing.

Are you?

Please let us know.....we (some of us at least) miss you.

Miguel

P.S. If OKBubbles isn't reading this....has anyone else either heard from her or been in touch with her?
rpthomas

Post by rpthomas »

Hey Miguel,

Looks like OK Bubbles isn't OK. Hope we hear from her soon, maybe we should just figure out our own scavenger hunt, I propose that we do a tribute scavenger hunt to the big 3 auto makers, maybe a wrecking yard where you get points for GM, Ford and Chrysler products with your scooter in the shot. 1 point for each visible big 3 autos. Seems like the wrecking yards are mostly full of domestic sleds so one would have the chance to score thousands of points, of course this hunt needs to be refined but it is a start.

#2 member of the Zen Scooting Society.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Becktastic wrote:No more hunts? :(

I guess it's getting to be a bad season for most people. :?

We could give points for garage pics! +1 for every layer of clothing you are wearing ;)
Feel free to start a hunt of your own! Obviously, the further away from summer we get, the less attendance. But you're more than welcome to make up your own game. :D
ModBud #442
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Holiday Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt
topic9304.html