POLL: Stella?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Would you buy a new Stella?

Yes! As soon as I can get my hands on one!
21%
Yes! If they ever come to California!
14%
I'm interested, but still not sure.
39%
No thanks. Just not into it.
26%

Total votes: 85

ericalm
Site Admin

POLL: Stella?

Post by ericalm »

If you haven't heard or read, Genuine's original flagship scooter, the Stella is returning to the US market after a years-long absence due to a labor strike at the LML factory in India. Since the lure and romance of the 2-stroke vintage-style scooter is what drew many of us to scootering in the first place, I'm wondering how many here would actually jump at the opportunity to own a new one with a warranty.

The new Stella will likely retail for around $3400MSRP. As far as we know now, it will not be for sale in California due to environmental regulations.

Also, if you can, mention if you'd trade or sell another vehicle for a Stella, which color you like, or why you're just not interested.

Details and photos on 2StrokeBuzz and Scooterscoop.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hell, yeah, I want one. I've made no secret about wanting one should they ever come to California. I've been optimistic for years about the return of the Stella and that has proven right. A 50-state compliant model may be a pipe dream, though.

Hopefully, this would be the third household scooter, but that may not come to pass. We shall see...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

For me, if I were going to buy another scooter for that kind of money I think it would be an 07 Blur. But then, I wasn't really attracted to scootering for the vintage look or scene.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Wow, I'm only the 2nd vote!

When the new Stella was first announced I was convinced I needed to have one. Now, I'm not so sure. I only have room for one scoot and one bike so I'd have to sell the Buddy and, like I said in the other thread, the Bud is perfect for my commute. It's also been completely flawless in the year I've owned it.

I'll test ride the Stella when they arrive at Sportique and we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I also just spent $1200 on a new exhaust system for my bike so justifying a new scoot will be damned near impossible. I'm patient though, and it sounds like the Stella will be around for a while and that they'll keep adding improvements. I'm also intrigued by that ET4 clone.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i truly love the way a stella looks. i suppose i wasn't looking too closely at one as my original purchase because i wanted something new that i could take perfect care of from day one. (i don't remember if the local dealer had an unused stella) plus i tend to get tunnle vision on some things... however, with that <3 color of orange, i'd be pretty tempted to trade my 07' orange for an '08 san tropez and get a new orange stella. This is of course if money wasn't an object. Which it really is.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I think the big question is "how will the quality be?" Despite all the arguments of the Stella vs. the PX, there really was a quality difference (though def. not a $2000 quality difference). The Stellas were pretty decent but they did have a few common problems and the quality seemed to vary a bit depending on which "batch" you got.

On top of that, with the labor problems at LML, it's unclear whether these new Stellas are all-new, or bikes that were sitting around for a year on the line (and originally assembled by disgruntled workers on the verge of a strike). or if they were quickly whipped together with a mishmash of parts before the plant really got back into full swing.

Most reports say LML started production again about six months ago, and the Stellas are due here in January, so it seems like Genuine (wisely) took their time to let LML get caught up with the japanese and other markets first, and they hopefully made sure everything was back to 100% (well, arguably better, with the upgrades). Even so, I'd kinda want to see one before buying it, which is maybe impossible because it'll probably sell out on preorders.

They'll have no problem selling out this first batch, and they'll probably be great, but if you're patient, live somewhere cold, and/or already have a bike, it might be worth waiting for the second batch in May, then you'll know what to look for in the second batch if the first batch wasn't up to snuff. (and by then we might hear more about the ET4 clone and/or the 4-stroke version). On the other hand, if you're ready to ride in January, there's always a better scooter coming out later, sometimes it's better to just go for it.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Not interested in 2-strokes, regardless of how "clean" they are. Also, if I'm going to shift, I might as well take the motorcycle.

For me, scootering is about practicality (and a bit of fun), not living the lifestyle.
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

Stella was the first scooter I really wanted, but then the Buddy emerged as the practical choice for my first one. I still want a manual-shift scoot and like the disc brake feature on the Stella, but I like the lines of something like a Rally 200 better though. So I'm torn. That conflict, combined with a desire for a used GTS (mmm...more power), makes the decision on which second scooter to plunk dollars down on even more difficult. If I somehow could come up with the dollars.

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

i will own one. represent.
Attachments
don't forget your roots
don't forget your roots
ModTarget.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
I have the scoots!
chickierider

Post by chickierider »

My Stella-riding paramour just told me that the new Stellas will still be manual transmission, but four-stroke. When he told me, I think yelled something like "It's about f*ing time" and "Woo hoo" and "Babe, you're getting one". I can live with his jerking in and out of gears, but I cannot stand breathing in the exhaust from his two-stroke. :!:
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

I really like the Avocado green. Looks good. I am still breaking in my Orange Buddy - but would definitely think the Avocado Stella would be my first trade/upgrade.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

chickierider wrote:My Stella-riding paramour just told me that the new Stellas will still be manual transmission, but four-stroke. When he told me, I think yelled something like "It's about f*ing time" and "Woo hoo" and "Babe, you're getting one". I can live with his jerking in and out of gears, but I cannot stand breathing in the exhaust from his two-stroke. :!:
That's a nasty rumor, and one that's unfortunately probably untrue. There are several ways to clean up 2-stroke emissions to get them within US/state standards. Someone over on MV tried schooling me on the issues with a 4-stroke manual but it went beyond my mechanical knowledge. We'll just say the the result (on a 150cc) would be sluggish and underpowered.

Plus, the smell of 2-stroke exhaust, while not the most environmentally-friendly thing out there, is a thing of beauty to some. Ahhh!
chickierider

Post by chickierider »

We'll just say the the result (on a 150cc) would be sluggish and underpowered.

Plus, the smell of 2-stroke exhaust, while not the most environmentally-friendly thing out there, is a thing of beauty to some. Ahhh!
Eric, I'd agree with you if the exhaust smelled like french fries or pipe tobacco. People on 2-strokes don't usually smell what their bikes fart out.

I don't understand the power issue between the 2-stroke and the 4-stroke. Wouldn't automatic oil injection into the piston/chamber increase the efficiency and gumption of the scoot? Adding oil to the gas tank (in a 2-stroke) seems to me like it fosters an uneven distribution of gas/oil. Plus, when I'm riding with my guy, my 4-stroke picks up a lot better than his 2, though that may be more of a transmission issue than how many strokes the piston takes to slide in and out of the combustion chamber.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

chickierider wrote:
Eric, I'd agree with you if the exhaust smelled like french fries or pipe tobacco. People on 2-strokes don't usually smell what their bikes fart out. .

Oh you know most people enjoy the smell of their own fa... exhaust.

Using a synthetic 2 stroke oil generally produces very little smoke or odor.

As far as them being less environmentally friendly I'm not convinced. Yes they produce more exhaust gasses, however there is never any waste oil from an oil and filter change that can find its way into groundwater. There is also no crankcase filled with oil that can leak onto streats to be washed into surface waters. Take a look at the asphalt at the tool booth next time you go through, it is always the slipperiest place!

To me the "environmentally correct" factor is pretty much a wash. If I was overly concerened i would not be riding a scooter but riding a bicycle ortaking mass transit, but Im not that commited!

BR
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

chickierider wrote:
We'll just say the the result (on a 150cc) would be sluggish and underpowered.

Eric, I'd agree with you if the exhaust smelled like french fries or pipe tobacco. People on 2-strokes don't usually smell what their bikes fart out.

I don't understand the power issue between the 2-stroke and the 4-stroke. Wouldn't automatic oil injection into the piston/chamber increase the efficiency and gumption of the scoot? Adding oil to the gas tank (in a 2-stroke) seems to me like it fosters an uneven distribution of gas/oil. Plus, when I'm riding with my guy, my 4-stroke picks up a lot better than his 2, though that may be more of a transmission issue than how many strokes the piston takes to slide in and out of the combustion chamber.
Check out the discussion here: http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic18964.html

4-Stroke automatics will generally beat a similarly-sized 2-stroke off the line every time, especially a Buddy. I don't think this is due to oil/gas ratio because 4-Stroke manuals are actually pretty pokey with a relatively low top speed—ask a Bajaj Chetak owner.

Here's a response I got when I mentioned that Vespa may be coming out with another manual shifter. It kinda sorta makes sense to me.
Pacnwfoto wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Pacnwfoto wrote:... It would have to be an injected engine to meet emission requirements.........
Why? The Stella isn't injected... :?:

Have you ridden a Stella? Is it seamless?

I doubt Vespa would produce a new machine with an off-idle acceleration sag which would be the case with a carbureted engine meeting EPA low rpm emission requirements. The high-rpm engagement characteristics of the CVT mask the lean sag in the carbureted LX and GT. If they were shifters with a clutch engaging the transmission lower in the rev range, the carb would need an airscrew tweak and needle shim to run smoothly.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

This poll is interesting. It shows the foible of opinions expressed on bulletin boards. If you read this literally, it says that 37-64% of the owners of a modern, plastic panel, 4 stroke, CVT scoot will buy a metal, 2 stroke, manual shift if they get a chance. Yet, when these same folks voted with their wallets that was not what they did.

(okay, its really only 15 people but I thought I'd stir the pot a bit for the sake of discussion)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dooglas wrote:This poll is interesting. It shows the foible of opinions expressed on bulletin boards. If you read this literally, it says that 37-64% of the owners of a modern, plastic panel, 4 stroke, CVT scoot will buy a metal, 2 stroke, manual shift if they get a chance. Yet, when these same folks voted with their wallets that was not what they did.
If you're polling solely Buddy owners (as we are), no such manual 2 stroke was on the market when they bought their scooters. Also, I think a lot of first-time buyers (such as myself and many of the Buddy owners here) pick modern automatics because they're unsure of their riding and mechanical abilities. There's a perception that, even with a new 2-stroke shifter, you have to be at least a little bit of a gearhead to own one. As they get more comfortable and adept, they consider adding or switching to a manual.

That said, if the Stella had been available in California when I bought my Vespa, I may have bought that instead.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

ericalm wrote: If you're polling solely Buddy owners (as we are), no such manual 2 stroke was on the market when they bought their scooters. Also, I think a lot of first-time buyers (such as myself and many of the Buddy owners here) pick modern automatics because they're unsure of their riding and mechanical abilities. There's a perception that, even with a new 2-stroke shifter, you have to be at least a little bit of a gearhead to own one. As they get more comfortable and adept, they consider adding or switching to a manual.

That said, if the Stella had been available in California when I bought my Vespa, I may have bought that instead.
I think you make a fair point about new riders looking at CVT scoots as the entry level. I don't agree, though, that the majority of those riders will ever move on to a manual scooter. Around here, you could still buy a new Stella or PX150 from local dealers until a few months ago. The shop that sells the Bajaj Chetak (California legal!) still has a couple new ones on the floor. All three come up used on CraigsList frequently and don't sell all that fast. Anyone who wants one can certainly readily pick one up. Don't get me wrong. I have a soft spot for classic scoots and motorcycles. I even own a Russian-built Ural sidecar motorcycle (the cutting edge of Siberian technology as they say). For all that, IMO these classic designs will only appeal to a small segment of the marketplace. Most folks will like the easy riding characteristics of the CVT and will stick with that. Look at all the buzz that erupted when a couple folks suggested that LML may come out with an ET4 clone. Hopefully there will always be a place for every preference but I think it is fair to say that the big manufacturers like Piaggio and PGO are reading the market pretty well.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

I don't agree, though, that the majority of those riders will ever move on to a manual scooter.
I'm thinking nobody here would disagree with the above statement. The shifter scooter market, whether 2 stroke or 4 stroke, is a small niche market at best. When I bought my Buddy, Sportique had Cheetaks in stock but no Stellas. While not interested in a Cheetak, I would've considered a Stella if available. But that's just me.

I'm also somewhat skeptical that the first run of 300 or so Stellas will sell out immediately. Genuine is smart to limit their distribution to their top dealers but I'm still thinking at least a few will hang around for a while. But my local Vespa dealer still has 4 or 5 2005 PX-150s available even though they've been deeply discounted for close to a month. Denver's a good scooter market, so what does that tell you? That said, I'm thinking California would be a huge market for a new Stella.

There's something special about a 2 stroke shifter. I'd love to own one but not as my daily rider. If the money is available and I can figure out a place to park it, I'll consider adding a new Stella to my "stable" but I'm guessing reason will prevail.
Andy

Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

I love the looks /style of the Stella .... fantastic ...

For me I would love it even more if it was an automatic .... shifting seems like a pain to me .... I have never owned a motorcycle but the few maual cars and trucks I have driven just did not appeal to me
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
Ken

Post by Ken »

I personally love the IDEA of the Stella. Having never seen one in person nor sat on one nor ridden one, I can't say with ABSOLUTE certainty that I would love to own one. I've ridden motorcycles in the past, so shifting is nothing I'm uncomfortable with, and I personally love the look of the Stella. My wife, however, does not, saying that they look like an old Vespa. (Well, that's the POINT, I tell her. She's unmoved.) For that reason alone my first scoot will be a Buddy 125.

I also like the fact that a sidecar can be attached to the Stella, which makes it even more eyecatching!

I might be willing to forego my hopes of a Stella if there were a way to effectively attach a sidecar to a Buddy.

~Ken
The road through Life is long and rough. Bring plenty of beer.
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

We got the Buddy and I loved it, but I always had a soft spot for the look of the Stella. That being said, we did pre-order the powder blue one and I can not wait for it to get here! I have never owned a manual bike and I look forward to the challenge, not to mention it looks so sweet!
We debated getting a used one, but in the end decided on the new one.
chickierider

Post by chickierider »

Dooglas wrote: If you read this literally, it says that 37-64% of the owners of a modern, plastic panel, 4 stroke, CVT scoot will buy a metal, 2 stroke, manual shift if they get a chance. Yet, when these same folks voted with their wallets that was not what they did.
I WOULD buy the new Stella, but more as a gift for my Stella-loving man than for myself. (It's a more interesting gift than a 53" flat panel TV.) Part of the appeal of scooters for me over motorcycles are the hand controls on the automatic trannies--my deteriorating knees don't need the additional strain of shifting gears or foot brakes. In fact, I was feeling the strain on my right ankle just from driving my car before I got the Buddy. Sure I could get into an accident and take out my entire lower torso, but if it lessens the chronic pain in my knees and feet, I'm willing to take my chances. My Stella-lover though is in great health, an avid environmentalist, and quite keen on manual transmissions and the avocado green. LML would certainly get my hard earned money if the new Stella would please him without causing me to choke when he passes by.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Ken wrote:I also like the fact that a sidecar can be attached to the Stella, which makes it even more eyecatching!

I might be willing to forego my hopes of a Stella if there were a way to effectively attach a sidecar to a Buddy.
Wait until you get your Buddy and spend some time riding it. You'll quickly realize that a sidecar would totally ruin the scooter and your riding experience. Of course, it totally alters the ride of any scooter it's attached to... They look great on a Stella, though!
Ken

Post by Ken »

ericalm wrote:Wait until you get your Buddy and spend some time riding it. You'll quickly realize that a sidecar would totally ruin the scooter and your riding experience. Of course, it totally alters the ride of any scooter it's attached to... They look great on a Stella, though!
You're right, of course. Again, I like the IDEA of a sidecar on a scooter (or a motorcycle), but until I actually ride with one I really have no clue as to whether I would want to do it again. I know some people love riding with sidecars, and some people absolutely hate it. In any case, the Buddy really seems too light and agile to attach something like a sidecar to; I suspect that it would probably defeat the point (or one of the points) of riding a Buddy in the first place.

~Ken
The road through Life is long and rough. Bring plenty of beer.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Ken wrote: In any case, the Buddy really seems too light and agile to attach something like a sidecar to; I suspect that it would probably defeat the point (or one of the points) of riding a Buddy in the first place.
I think you pretty much have that right. The sidecar available for the Stella is the same one that is offered as an option for the 500cc Royal Enfield. A sidecar adds a lot of weight, friction, and wind resistance - not to mention a whole different way of cornering. The Enfield struggles with the extra load so it would be surprizing if the Buddy or the Stella would handle it very well. My sidecar Ural weighs over 700 lbs, then you add two people and their gear. Thats a whole different ballgame than a small frame scooter.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Ken wrote:..., I like the IDEA of a sidecar on a scooter (or a motorcycle), but until I actually ride with one I really have no clue as to whether I would want to do it again. I know some people love riding with sidecars, and some people absolutely hate it.
Hey Ken,

What you said. You really have to try it before you decide it's for you. I always wanted a sidehack for my BMW motorcycle until I rode somebody else's rig. I quickly decided it was not for me. I didn't like the fact that it made the bike "asymmetric" in the sense that handling was no longer the same for left-hand vs right hand turns. You have to fight the weight of the sidecar during acceleration and braking, too. Also, the rig has to be set up just right or it won't track straight on a level road which is tiring for the rider.

For a scooter rig, my big question would be about engine torque. Motorcycle sidecar rigs usually are geared lower to get adequate torque to pull the rig, especially from a stop on a hill, that kind of thing. Stellas don't make very much torque (neither do Buddys) and there's no easy way to change the gearing on a Stella (not on a BMW motocycle, either. In fact it was a giant PITA). I guess with the Buddy, you could swap out roller weights, but that little motor only makes so much torque, no matter how you change the delivery of the torque. For that reason, I'd be leary of how practical such a rig would be be in the real world.

OTOH, I think scooter sidecar rigs look 8) and I'd love to ride one once, say on a flat road at the beach.
cccous

Post by cccous »

and there's no easy way to change the gearing on a Stella
On a Stella you can change out your 22 tooth clutch for a 21, maybe a 20. This is a simple way to change your gear ratio, without spliting the case. This winter I'm puting a p200 motor with a 21 tooth clutch (had a 23), should be just what my hack needs. It pulled okay with the stock motor if it was empty, but I would loose it on the hillls with a passager.

As for the turning an braking, it keeps things interesting.
Mine is adjusted well, Thanks pocphil, so it tracks just fine, no problem riding for a few hours straight

As for putting one on a Buddy, I don't think so, just too small.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

illnoise wrote:I think the big question is "how will the quality be?" Despite all the arguments of the Stella vs. the PX, there really was a quality difference (though def. not a $2000 quality difference). The Stellas were pretty decent but they did have a few common problems and the quality seemed to vary a bit depending on which "batch" you got.
That's EXACTLY where I'm at right now. I really want to get a second scooter in 2008, and I'm torn between a new Chetak or a new Stella.
ModBud #442
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

polianarchy wrote: That's EXACTLY where I'm at right now. I really want to get a second scooter in 2008, and I'm torn between a new Chetak or a new Stella.
Chetaks look cool, but after the Buddy you may find it seriously underpowered and S L O W. That's how it was for me, anyway.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

vitaminC wrote:
polianarchy wrote: That's EXACTLY where I'm at right now. I really want to get a second scooter in 2008, and I'm torn between a new Chetak or a new Stella.
Chetaks look cool, but after the Buddy you may find it seriously underpowered and S L O W. That's how it was for me, anyway.
One of my best friends rides an 06 Chetak, so I know what you mean. And I've ridden with several people with various yeared Stellas, and I think my Buddy 125 is peppier than all. But really, I don't like to go fast...I abhor riding WOT.

Anyway, they'll have to pry Pinky Tuscadero from my cold dead hands. I'll keep her until she's gone to be with the Great Pumpkin. But I'd like to learn how to drive a manual and have a second scooter. I want it all! :twisted:
ModBud #442
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

i love the vintage look. the stella was what first brought my attention to Genuine. but i probably wouldn't get a stella because of the extra maintenance, extra emissions, and lower gas mileage.

the environmental impact and gas savings was my primary reason for moving from my car to a scooter for my commute.
Drumwoulf

Stellas

Post by Drumwoulf »

Stellas? I like them. Would've maybe bought one instead of the Buddy, but I just don't like tubed tires.

For me it's not about "lifestyle"; I just like the Stella's old fashioned boxy looks. And I enjoy shifting too, as my '92 mini-van Voyager with the (very) unusual 5 speed stick, and my 5-speed '03 Toy Echo, can attest to...

I did also think the 2-strokes polluted too much. But after I read the post here about how you can use cleaner burning synthetic oil and don't have to change it or any oil filters and dispose of them, now I'm not so sure, and prolly would consider a (modern) 2-stroke...

But it would have to have tubeless tires mounted on sealed rims, for me.
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

so I'm raising this thread from the dead. I'm wondering, of all the people who voted yes to this, who actually followed through?
I have the scoots!
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

poop colored buddy wrote:so I'm raising this thread from the dead. I'm wondering, of all the people who voted yes to this, who actually followed through?
Well, I voted "interested but not sure" and now I'm sure. I don't want one. I have room for two bikes, one scooter and one big bike. Because of parking restrictions, the scoot needs to be small and slender. And, because of how I ride, the scoot needs to be as fast and agile as possible. Nothing against the Stella, which I still think is lovely, but it's just not what suits me right now. It's not at all about shifting, which I actually enjoy. It's about having the right tool for the job.
Andy

Legend

Post by Legend »

I want one, I must have one. Problem is, I can only get one scooter right now and the Stella will not fit my needs for a daily commuter. So its off to get a Buddy tomorrow...probley the 125 as I am not sure I can justify the additional money for 25 more cc.

I can tell you this though. Once I get my 600 bucks back from Uncle Sam in May, it will go into a Stella fund. I really want one bad. I iwsh they made her in a 4 stroke auto and that would eliminate the need for a Buddy 125 altogether.
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
JokerJim

Post by JokerJim »

I pulled the trigger and bought the Avocado Stella.

I had the OLIVE plate transferred from the Italia to the Stella.
I know it's called Avocado, not Olive. Olive was my grandmothers name I plan to keep the Stella forever. (19 miles - shifting is tough to learn)

The Italia will be traded for a B150 eventually. The St. Tropez if I was to trade now. I might wait for next years Intl's though.

The Italia had a complete engine rebuild under warranty at 5025 miles. Still nursing this new engine til broken in.

Joker
Mmmmm Crab Rangoon
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Well, I think you know my answer. Still waiting on the Stella to come to CA.

Don't get me wrong. We've got 2 scoots we love… But, you know, peach pie, peach pie, peach pie…
chicagoscooterclub

Post by chicagoscooterclub »

Seem the Stella's do have a few tweaks that need to be addressed but for the most part dealers are aware of the issues and resolving them prior to problems or have it down to a science to get you in and out ASAP.

I am of course referring to the issues with the Stella's Headlights, Gas gauge, turn signals, and other lights. Seems the wiring length in the head unit is a little short and after some use will start to show problems. My 2008 Stella lost High Beam and the gas gauge, but was fixed no charge by Scoterworks here in Chicago while I waited.

Another issue is the SQUEAKY rear break. Seems they got a little too liberal with the grease at the factory, takes a little longer to resolve than the Head Unit issue but it's easy enough to fix.
Chicago Scooter Club
Scooter is our middle name
www.chicagoscooterclub.com