Rack For The Blur?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RunRun

Rack For The Blur?

Post by RunRun »

I just bought the Blur today I seen a rack on John's Blur in the cannonball run. Anybody know where I can buy one for my Blur I would like to add the Givi trunk.

Thanks,
Don
PhotoBob

Post by PhotoBob »

The last time I spoke with the good folks at Genuine Scooter (about a month ago), they indicated that accessories (including, I assume, a rack) would be coming out real soon. It might be time to check with them again and see if they will perhaps make the Christmas shopping season...

I have the same experience...I keep seeing pictures and photos of the Blur with a nice back rack, but no one carries them yet!
BlueMark

Rack

Post by BlueMark »

Yep, I got the same message from my dealer - rack should be available real ... soon ... now (I hope), along with a windshield. Hope they make it in time for winter riding.

(addition) Just got word - should be shipping within 3 weeks.

-Mark
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

I was at my dealer this weekend, the rack and windshield are still on back order. Apparently they should be available in about 3 weeks for last two months :P

I did see some top cases for the Buddy that look similar the one in the Blur brochure - but in nicer colors. The black one would look great on the blur with the gloss black matching the top of the steering column and faceplate up front.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BlueMark wrote:I did see some top cases for the Buddy that look similar the one in the Blur brochure - but in nicer colors. The black one would look great on the blur with the gloss black matching the top of the steering column and faceplate up front.
Hmm.. maybe the new, improved Buddy topcases are coming in... but there's nothing on Genuine about them, of course.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

Are the racks there the same as these?

Mine is fixed with one but be sure that it comes with an extra screw plate for the center screw of the pillion handle so that its more secure for "heavy" loads :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

whiteoryx wrote:Are the racks there the same as these?

Mine is fixed with one but be sure that it comes with an extra screw plate for the center screw of the pillion handle so that its more secure for "heavy" loads :)
Yup, that's the one.

Here's the top case:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BlueMark

Racks are in stock!

Post by BlueMark »

Just got a call from my dealer Scoot Around Town with the news that the blur racks are now shipping. I've had mine on back order since November.

Woot!

-Mark