Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

louie

Birmingham BSS SoDisCo 3 Nov. 7-9

Post by louie »

http://www.birminghamscootersyndicate.com/events.html

it WILL be a hoot.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH

5-8:30pm- Registration at Magic City Motorscooters. Come early and hang out and enjoy some free beer compliments of PBR and music being spun by DJ Ryan. There will also be a Suck and Blow booth if you dare. If you can't make it to Magic City Motor Scooters we will be having late registration the following morning at Urban Standard.
8:30-9pm- Ride to Bottletree Cafe
9pm-?- Enjoy free admission to the Unwed Sailor show. Bottletree will be offering specials on New Casle and PBR all night.
Late Night- Party late at The Upside Down Plaza that's conveniently located just below The Hotel Highland.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH

8-11 am-Registration and breakfast at The Urban Standard. Coffee and breakfast foods will be provided. Also, Urban Standard also has a reasonably priced and delicious breakfast menu available. Shopping in the area includes novelties and collectibles at What�s on 2nd?, skateboarding items at Faith Skate Supply and various sundries at The Gypsy Market, all sponsors of Southern disComfort III.
11-12pm- Ride to The Barber Museum. There will be two groups, those with experience who would like to take the twisties at a faster pace and another group who would like to take it a bit slower and enjoy the local scenery.
12-2pm- Enjoy free admission to the Barber Museum one of the world's largest collection of motorcycles. There will be a second ride to 29 Dreams Motorcycle Resort for those who don't wish to visit Barber. The ride to 29 Dreams is one of the best in Birmingham with lots of twisty turns, steep grades, and switchbacks.
2-3pm- Ride back to Sloss Furnaces. Voted one of the scariest places in America. Gymkhana and slow ride races will take place. Delicious food by Betty and drinks will be provided.
7-9pm- Rest!!! Enjoy 2 hours of peace before the debauchery begins or take a ride around town and enjoy the scenery.
9-??- Party, awards and raffle prizes at Matthew's Bar and Grille.. DJ plus late night karaoke.
Late Night- Enjoy free admission and watch the sunrise at The Nick.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH

9am-10:30am - Early goodbyes, coffee & doughnuts at at Magic City Motorscooters.
11am-1pm- Enjoy Brunch at Rojo. Cocktails available at noon.
1-2pm- Ride to Vulcan Park and Goodbyes. There will also be an alternative ride over to Bogart's Motorsports/Vespa Birmingham for people who like to attend a benefit ride/cookout/silent auction/concert for the son of Gary Serrit, Bogart's Vespa tech, who's battling a malignant brain tumor. There is a additional fee involved with this event, but all money raised is going toward the Elijah Serrit Fund. Information about this even can be found here.

The rally fee is $25.00 if you pre-register and $30 at the door. Pre-registration guarantees a t-shirt in your size. The Rally fee includes the following:

T-shirt
Patch
Entry fee to the Barber Museum one of the world's largest collection of motorcycles or 29 Dreams motorcycle resort.
One General Raffle Ticket
Breakfast and Dinner on Saturday
Food and Drink specials
Parties Friday and Saturday Night
Bitching Rally Bag
Raffles
and more to come..
Last edited by louie on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louie

Post by louie »

bump

who's going?
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Me
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Me too! And I'm bringing the big lug with the Ural. :D
louie

Post by louie »

ageekgirl, we'll have to post pics of you all in blue and hipcat all in pink together at last.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Louie, it sounds like a plan to me. :lol: That should be quite entertaining.
louie

Post by louie »

i tried to get an orange/red theme going for a moment. that's where my avatar came from, pictures to see what the combo looked like. a red leather jacket without the scooter turned out to be a bit too, um, youthful for me. i do have a great red wool coat from mission possible though.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Its a good color family combination. I can't wait to see the red wool coat!

When DH got the Ural in Feb 06, I went looking for a coat for me to wear, and lucked into a leather trench coat at Zoe's for $20.00. Yay consignment shop sales! Later that summer I got the blue Joe Rocket mesh jacket, but the first time I went for a ride in the sidecar was with the black leather trench coat. :) I really wanted to wear my leather flying helmet too, but ...
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Hope my buddy is better by then!!!!!
louie

Post by louie »

better by then? it seemed to be in pretty good shape coming up rose hill last weekend and those "birds" are cool. she'll be just fine no matter you have a new panel or not.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Dead stator.
:cry:
louie

Post by louie »

when did that happen?
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Wednesday. see other topic in general forum
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

The ad makes it looks like it's gonna be a real 'shocker' of an event.
louie

Post by louie »

yes! :wink: SoDisCo III will be many things including a shocking event.
See Birmingham as seen by it's scooterists who live there.
louie

Post by louie »

we had a fab time this weekend. see photos here. i'm uploading mine now...i think. mine will be under catdander.
http://scoot.net/gallery/2008/11/southerndiscomfort/