Contrition

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tekrek

Contrition

Post by tekrek »

:wtf: Sorry, I didn't mean to blow up anyone's scooter skirt. I'll try to keep my discussion with less satire and sarcasm thus allowing the more gentile among us their peace. May I take this time to thank contributors to the Horsepower thread for their hearty responses
"I'm your Huckleberry."
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I'll be honest, for the life of me I can't figure out why that thread was locked. I just reread it again now and I still don't get it.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
BGK

Post by BGK »

I like that kind of moderation. Eric seems to do a good job of not being hypersensitive to minor off color remarks and more vigilant of monitoring events when people post things with their 'internet voices'. Contrition is very admirable as well.

On the topic of HP statements from manufacturers. I don't like them because most of the time they are inaccurate or at best cryptic. Same for MPG. But at least MPG can be easily derived by any user for reference. An HP rating on the other hand is far more difficult to produce by a consumer. I think that even many shops with dynos probably don't measure it correctly on a scooter anyway. On low HP vehicles, relavent information call be gleaned from something as simple as a test ride.

Orange Guy wrote:I'll be honest, for the life of me I can't figure out why that thread was locked. I just reread it again now and I still don't get it.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

BGK wrote:On low HP vehicles, relavent information call be gleaned from something as simple as a test ride.
Amen. Ride it. You like it? Keep looking. You love it? Buy it!

Hence, me owning a Buddy.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
charltons

Re: Contrition

Post by charltons »

tekrek wrote::wtf: Sorry, I didn't mean to blow up anyone's scooter skirt. I'll try to keep my discussion with less satire and sarcasm thus allowing the more gentile among us their peace. May I take this time to thank contributors to the Horsepower thread for their hearty responses
gentile? How can you tell from a computer?
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Maybe, just maybe...there may have been a wee bit of over-reaction to Mr.(Ms/Miss?) tekrek. You know what makes life interesting? Everybodys' different, with different personalities and their own way of conveying their thoughts. Some do it with humor, some with mono-toned facts, some with thought provoking insights and some are, well, just plain confused - but in the end, we're all here on this forum for the same reason; to share/gather information, experiences and opinions. Unfortunately, the computer/online medium does not always allow for the nuances of human personalities/emotional states/expressions/etc so we should make allowances and just "get along". :)
Tekrek, I don't know if you're completely new to Modern Buddy or have been lurking for awhile, but I would like to be the first to welcome you to these forums and I hope things go smoother in the future. 8) :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Apiarist

Post by Apiarist »

all that is well and good. i can certainly appreciate tekrek's desire for more detailed information and as always ericalm's continued diligence in moderating this forum.

however, red is the fastest color.

Come on and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMA ZOOM...
(zoom) (zoom) (zoom)
ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOM
Zoom, ZOOM ZOOM!
Everybody!
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMA ZOOM...
(zoom) (zoom)
ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOM
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I'm mostly with Eric here. Tekrec did not appear to be looking for information in his original post. He already knew the answer and was looking to start a little controversy. What he got was two or three low key responses answering the question he posed. That was clearly not what he was going for so he responded with a rather pointed rant that had nothing to do with the responses he had received.

I'm also willing to welcome tekrec to MB, but he got off on the wrong foot with his first post. Time for a different approach. MB has generally maintained a pretty civil and constructive discourse. Most of us would like to keep it that way.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Apiarist wrote:all that is well and good. i can certainly appreciate tekrek's desire for more detailed information and as always ericalm's continued diligence in moderating this forum.

however, red is the fastest color.

Come on and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMA ZOOM...
(zoom) (zoom) (zoom)
ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOM
Zoom, ZOOM ZOOM!
Everybody!
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMA ZOOM...
(zoom) (zoom)
ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOMA ZOOM
Except of course the tangerine Buddies.....
Though there's been some argument that the tangerine Buddies are just red Buddies that are moving so fast they're suffering from color phase-shift.....
slinky

Post by slinky »

....tangerine Buddies are just red Buddies that are moving so fast they're suffering from color phase-shift.....

I aggre
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

I thought when something had a tangerine color phase-shift was due to the object slowing down, ie. moving toward the observer. Like a blue shift is speeding way from the observer. Or do I have it backwards. :?
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

red shift is really fast moving away from you, blue shift is really fast moving towards you
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

kilted texan wrote:I thought when something had a tangerine color phase-shift was due to the object slowing down, ie. moving toward the observer. Like a blue shift is speeding way from the observer. Or do I have it backwards. :?

According to Wikipedia redshift is for acceleration, while blue is deceleration:

Any increase in wavelength is called "redshift", even if it occurs in electromagnetic radiation of non-optical wavelengths, such as gamma rays, x-rays and ultraviolet. This nomenclature might be confusing since, at wavelengths longer than red (e.g., infrared, microwaves, and radio waves), redshifts shift the radiation away from the red wavelengths.

<b>An observed redshift due to the Doppler effect occurs whenever a light source moves away from the observer</b>, corresponding to the Doppler shift that changes the perceived frequency of sound waves.
Eddy Merckx

Post by Eddy Merckx »

Black is the complete absence of color, much like a black hole, and we all know nothing can escape a black hole when entering the event horizon,
this is why black is the fastest color, resistance is futile..... :D
"Social graces, got any"
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

You're all wrong, tangerine is just red that's been in the sun too long... :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.