Bought motorcycle still love the black cat

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Muggs

Bought motorcycle still love the black cat

Post by Muggs »

Well this old man took the MSF class and I have been riding a 800cc Intruder. It is a pain in the neck in rush hour traffic. The Black Cat is better and more fun. I see a Burgman in my future.
Muggs
"We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." B. Franklin
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

I also took the MSF and bought a motorcycle (ninja). I still ride the Black Cat - more fun!!!
"A woman is like a teabag; you never know how strong she is until she's in hot water"
Amahoser

Post by Amahoser »

My story is backwards from yours. I've been riding Motorcycles for 18 years and scooters for only the past 2. After discovering scooters, I can't imagine choosing one over another. For me, they have different purposes. For long trips, motorcycles are the way to go. For short commutes, a scooter is much more enjoyable to ride. My Rattler seems to be my preferred vehicle for commuting. The '63 Vespa, once in a while and the motorcycles if I need to hop on the freeway. For fun rides.... that depends on who I ride with and what they have! Recently, my cars have sat because of my fondness for two wheelers.

Jose Soriano
07 Rattler 110
'63 Vespa GL 150
'67 BMW R/60/2
'03 MZ Baghira Black Panther
'08 Aprilia Shiver SL750
02 Honda XR400R
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

Muggs,

Your not the guy my wife and I chatted with at Lexington Motorsports about the Black Cat scooter the day you were picking up your new motorcycle a few months back are you? If you are, I just want to say thanks for letting us know how awesome your Black Cat is! We went to Moped International the next day and purchased a Buddy 125!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Amahoser wrote:My story is backwards from yours. I've been riding Motorcycles for 18 years and scooters for only the past 2. After discovering scooters, I can't imagine choosing one over another. For me, they have different purposes. For long trips, motorcycles are the way to go. For short commutes, a scooter is much more enjoyable to ride. My Rattler seems to be my preferred vehicle for commuting. The '63 Vespa, once in a while and the motorcycles if I need to hop on the freeway. For fun rides.... that depends on who I ride with and what they have! Recently, my cars have sat because of my fondness for two wheelers.

Jose Soriano
07 Rattler 110
'63 Vespa GL 150
'67 BMW R/60/2
'03 MZ Baghira Black Panther
'08 Aprilia Shiver SL750
02 Honda XR400R

Sounds kinda like my transition to scooters. The only bike you are missing is an adventure (KTM, BMW, KLR).
Amahoser

Post by Amahoser »

olhogrider wrote: Sounds kinda like my transition to scooters. The only bike you are missing is an adventure (KTM, BMW, KLR).
Had a BMW F650 but I sold it for the Aprilia. Looking at getting an XR650L to be my adventure touring bike but that won't be until later next year. The F650 was a great bike but I want a more dirt friendly adventure touring bike. For long distance, i'll fit it with a windscreen, heated grips and a comfy saddle.

That said I have a bunch more fun in-city with the rattler. Full throttle most of the time and I don't get in trouble with the law (yet) and insane flickability because of the light weight.

Jose Soriano