How do you lot feel about the Kikker Hardknock?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tam

How do you lot feel about the Kikker Hardknock?

Post by tam »

See here:

http://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.html

Don't know if it's been posted before, but I'm curious how this crowd feels about em. 49cc or 110cc, old school bobber styling, and looking at the videos, they sound pretty sweet.

The guys on my (chopper) site seem to really like them. So i'm curious to see how the scooter crowd reacts to them. Haven't seen one in person yet but at $1500 it's a steal
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

IMHO, it looks like a "chopper" bicycle.
toga28

Post by toga28 »

haha, i don't care what people say, that's hilarious. and slightly awesome. i say, if it's got two wheels, i'll ride it!
-Andy Moore
Orange Buddy 125
Covets thy neighbor's Stella
DO3

Post by DO3 »

Are they street legal?

I think they look cool. And the price is pretty cheap.
Drumwoulf

Re: How do you lot feel about the Kikker Hardknock?

Post by Drumwoulf »

tam wrote:See here:

http://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.html

Don't know if it's been posted before, but I'm curious how this crowd feels about em. 49cc or 110cc, old school bobber styling, and looking at the videos, they sound pretty sweet.

The guys on my (chopper) site seem to really like them. So i'm curious to see how the scooter crowd reacts to them. Haven't seen one in person yet but at $1500 it's a steal
If you're over 30 and still want a reputation for being 'cute', it would be the ideal bike for you... :P :oops:

"Starts" at $1500? That's for ther 49cc stripper model. Tires are probably extra... :?

drummer
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

I wouldn't mind building my own bobber around a scooter engine. However, if I did that, it would definitely have a rear suspension. I'm not into the hard tail thing.
- Bryce
Keys

Post by Keys »

That's what I thought it was. I am somewhat familiar with these. They are designed around a Chinese knock-off of the old Honda Trail 50/70/90/110 engine. The general build quality of the Kikk product is pretty good...the engine is questionable. China has yet to catch up to the rest of the world in the area of metallurgy, which is why the Chinese scooters have developed such a bad reputation. The heads warp, the pistons melt, the cylinder walls score, the valves break. Until they cure their metallurgy woes, I'd steer clear...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
GenuineSlacker

Post by GenuineSlacker »

Anyone else also notice the assembly instrutctions? Looks like its parted and shipped, and you have to assemble it. Which, to me, seems like a big pain in the ass to save 1k not buying a buddy and speeding out of the lot. I suppose the nice thing is though, when you need a part cause you spent one, you know where to order it and how to get it on.
"Angels who are forced from heaven have no choice but to become demons." - Vicious