Maybe I'm On To Something...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

squash1978

Maybe I'm On To Something...

Post by squash1978 »

So I rode into work this morning in the pouring rain and found out the hard way that my rain pants aren't so waterproof. They are a part of a Harley Davidson rain suit that my wife bought new off a former co-worker. It has velcro all down the sides to protect the leg zippers, which work great. However, as it turns out the front zipper of the pants lacks the same protection. The result: about 5 minutes into my commute it all of a sudden felt like someone turned on a hose in my lap. When I get into work I remove the rain pants to assess the damage and it basically looked like I was unable to control myself :oops:

Luckily I wore jeans today instead of dress pants, which helped mask the water mark. However, I was rather uncomfortable as the water had soaked all the way through my jeans. I then remembered that I had some clean gym clothes in my office, including a nice, dry change of underwear.

The moral of the story: keeping a spare change of underwear on hand may be more useful than you realize.
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

I had a similar thing happen to me once. Swung my leg up over the seat.... :shock: .... ripped the seam in the crotch of my rain pants. Any rain that hit my chest ran right down into the hole.

Got to work and found a roll of duct tape. Pants are better then new now!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

oh no, wet panties :(
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Hell, come on over and scoot around in NJ/NY traffic. Wet pants (and worse) are the norm. I just got a topcase for the Blur so's I'd have some extra storage for the Depends. :wink:
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

r0sa wrote:oh no, wet panties :(
My scoot causes this as well :shock:

Too much?
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

:rofl: oh that was funny.. glad you had clean undies at the office instead of dirty ones....
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ScooterTrash wrote:
r0sa wrote:oh no, wet panties :(
My scoot causes this as well :shock:

Too much?
haha I knew someone would say this. 8)
tekrek

Re: Maybe I'm On To Something...

Post by tekrek »

squash1978 wrote:So I rode into work this morning in the pouring rain and found out the hard way that my rain pants aren't so waterproof. They are a part of a Harley Davidson rain suit that my wife bought new off a former co-worker. It has velcro all down the sides to protect the leg zippers, which work great. However, as it turns out the front zipper of the pants lacks the same protection. The result: about 5 minutes into my commute it all of a sudden felt like someone turned on a hose in my lap. When I get into work I remove the rain pants to assess the damage and it basically looked like I was unable to control myself :oops:

Luckily I wore jeans today instead of dress pants, which helped mask the water mark. However, I was rather uncomfortable as the water had soaked all the way through my jeans. I then remembered that I had some clean gym clothes in my office, including a nice, dry change of underwear.

The moral of the story: keeping a spare change of underwear on hand may be more useful than you realize.

A wet crotch from riding in rain gear is quite common. You'd find out eventually. I think it has something to do with all those seams coming together and the zipper.

"Harley Davidson rain suit" - a lot of their gear could be deemed homo erotic. Well, considering all those ass less chaps they ride around in. So adefective rain gear that draws atention to your crotch all days only follows. Now you know what Harley riders carry in those saddle bags, dry BVDs.

The moral of the story: keeping a spare change of underwear on hand may be more useful than you realize.[/quote] Yeah, for like when you crap yourself.

Once at lunch I pushed down on the pump of a mustard dispenser that had a dry glob on the tip. Mustard shot all over my crotch. I was wearing khakis. I called in from home to explain my absense.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
Rob

Re: Maybe I'm On To Something...

Post by Rob »

tekrek wrote:Once at lunch I pushed down on the pump of a mustard dispenser that had a dry glob on the tip. Mustard shot all over my crotch. I was wearing khakis. I called in from home to explain my absense.
The sad part of all of this is that it could be slighly entertaining to read if it was the least bit humorous. But alas, unfortunately it is not.

Go away boy ... you bother me.