New PGO xhot scooter! LOOK!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

New PGO xhot scooter! LOOK!

Post by jfrost2 »

Off road, and on road scooter, only in 125cc. Fuel injected. Has ECU and engine reports that let mechanics know of issues with the bike, rather than manually searching everywhere for the problem.

Specs: Air cooled, 6.0 liter tank, 125cc, fuel injected, front disc, rear drum. Led turn signals.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

the headlight reminds me of the new "lambrettas"
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I like the look and it kinda reminds me of the Peugeot Blaster.

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

And the taiwanese Zuma 125....

Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:And the taiwanese Zuma 125....

Oooo! I really like that one! Is it available here?
tekrek

Re: New PGO xhot scooter! LOOK!

Post by tekrek »

jfrost2 wrote:Image

Off road, and on road scooter, only in 125cc. Fuel injected. Has ECU and engine reports that let mechanics know of issues with the bike, rather than manually searching everywhere for the problem.

Specs: Air cooled, 6.0 liter tank, 125cc, fuel injected, front disc, rear drum. Led turn signals.
yeh, but it still isn't as BADASS as a red Buddy 125 with a wicker flower basket.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

Found this video online http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=jbeij0QpstA. Just don't try those stunts at home.
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Either the guy in the video has a extreme accent, or is speaking in Chinese, I cant understand him. I was able to understand some other PGO videos since the people spoke in Taiwanese, but not this one.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

babblefish wrote: Oooo! I really like that one! Is it available here?
The US import version of the Zuma 125 looks a bit different.
Attachments
Zuma_125_blu.jpg
Zuma_125_blu.jpg (84.77 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I like it!
pinkbuddydude

Post by pinkbuddydude »

Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:Found this video online http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=jbeij0QpstA. Just don't try those stunts at home.
Don't try this stunt at home http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

That's pretty much annoying and worthless spam unrelated to the original topic.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

jfrost2 wrote:Either the guy in the video has a extreme accent, or is speaking in Chinese, I cant understand him. I was able to understand some other PGO videos since the people spoke in Taiwanese, but not this one.
He's speaking mandarin chinese and the song is in english - though the lyrics have no relationship to what PGO is trying to sell. :roll:
Neat video anyway.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The dashboard is a GP Gauge set from Koso. They also provide the digital display for the Rattler... I was thinking of adding that to my bike but haven't had the time and $$$ to do it.
EZPZ #65
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

jfrost2 wrote:That's pretty much annoying and worthless spam unrelated to the original topic.
Welcome to the Internet, let me introduce you to some clichés.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

That X-Hot doesn't have much ground clearance. I doubt it would be good for anything more than a dirt road.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

k1dude wrote:That X-Hot doesn't have much ground clearance. I doubt it would be good for anything more than a dirt road.
I'm with you. Dirt scooters are pretty much like car-based SUVs. More about appearance than capability.
ericalm
Site Admin

More X-Hot pics

Post by ericalm »

Some others in the brochure (PDF) here:
http://pgo.com.tw/download/DM/X%20HOT%20125-DM.pdf
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I wonder if the lower headlight (if that's what it is) pivots with the front wheel. Would be pretty cool if it did with a fixed headlight above it.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

Dooglas wrote:
babblefish wrote: Oooo! I really like that one! Is it available here?
The US import version of the Zuma 125 looks a bit different.
It's mostly just the headlight difference. We have the Taiwanese headlight in stock to convert it.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

bumping this old thread to maybe get some new discussion going....

since this thread was new, anybody have the word on this scoot concerning Genuine? i saw in another forum a guy claimed to have a "usa" spec x hot, and he said they are keeping a carb on it for the sake of the tuner market or w/e?

so is Genuine bringing this, and if so, as what? i saw a video promo for the PGO and its a pretty cool scooter when all is said and done, imo. wouldn't mind having a look around one myself :nerd:

i read they are eliminating the Rattler so i am just wondering as this would slot in nicely in its place
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The X-Hot is cool, but as far as I know there are no plans to bring it over to the US in the next couple of years. I'm not sure what that guy meant by "US spec" because unless it's been cleared by the DOT and EPA, there's no such thing (officially). It may be one modified to meet some ore all of the specs & regulations, but it's still a "grey market" import.

It would be cool to see this replace the Rattler, but the market for this type of scooter still isn't very big in the US. I don't know that the X-Hot would fare any better than the Rattler.

The Ruckus rules the niche, but that's largely due to the ease of customizing it and the wide availability of parts and accessories. At $2499, the 50cc Ruckus is $500 more than a Roughhouse 50, but we haven't seen the Roughhouse develop that kind of following.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well the fact is plain and simple its a yamaha bws clone they started working on right after the release of the bws 125 fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rsZSbTB ... ure=fvwrel
yamaha sells it as the zuma 125 with a diffrent headlight set up here in the us and canada
and yes you can rtrofit the bws headlight to the zuma
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

yup def is looking like the BWS aka zuma!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Definitely similar. I actually like the PGO a little more in terms of looks. The stacked headlights make a BIG difference in the appearance of the Zuma. The kit to change to those from the US headlights is not cheap, though.

I know some very happy Zuma owners. MSRP is $3,250. I bet the XHot could sell here for less… Hmm… Maybe I'm changing my name about this one…
scooterworldguam

Post by scooterworldguam »

I sell the X-Hot here on Guam.
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

sexy
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

yeah i agree its sexy and Genuine needs it. we should come up with a name for this awesome scooter

The Genuine Adventure. thats my initial offering

" Make everyday a reason to explore with the 150cc Genuine Adventure. And turn your commute into something more then mundane"

etc, etc...

i will write marketing copy in exchange for used / repossessed / unsold scoots! i wonder if anyone at Genuine is reading this :shock:
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I'm in Taiwan right now and the XHot's look really nice in person. If they had them in the states I'd seriously consider getting one. I wish they made one with a 250cc though.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

they did make em with 250 engines it was called the big ruckus... :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ericalm wrote:The X-Hot is cool, but as far as I know there are no plans to bring it over to the US in the next couple of years. I'm not sure what that guy meant by "US spec" because unless it's been cleared by the DOT and EPA, there's no such thing (officially). It may be one modified to meet some ore all of the specs & regulations, but it's still a "grey market" import.
yeah here is a link to the forum post. i have no idea where this guy got the "usa spec" x hot, or even what that means, exactly

whatever the case he posts more pics of it in the thread and a DOT turn signal is apparent. but doing something like that is a DIY job, too. so who knows what the hell this is or isn't

http://www.zumaforums.net/index.php/vie ... f=7&t=9761
scooterworldguam

The X-HOT is ready for U.S. sales. I guess everyone missed my post that we are selling them on Guam already.

The signal lights had to be changed to DOT spec, so the nice flushed LED lights are gone. The motor is a variation of the gy6 150cc that was used on the Blurs. These motors already passed all U.S. specs.

We elected to go with a carb version versus the efi. Easier to repair and work with.

These bikes sell well here but, we have a different market than Genuine. If the Rattlers don't sell well in the mainland, I don't expect the x-hots to either.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

you guys get the pgos there being the dot/epa knows pgo doesnt ship to the main land i doubt they give it a true inspection just for your small market
and im sure they arent going thru the shipping containers like they are here on the mainland
so you might get stuff that may be questionalbe on the main land

also genuine has to decide to bring the xshot here and get it thru carb as far as i know it hasnt been submited to carb
as i doubt genuine will bring another scoot in that they cant sell in ca
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

JHScoot wrote:
ericalm wrote:The X-Hot is cool, but as far as I know there are no plans to bring it over to the US in the next couple of years. I'm not sure what that guy meant by "US spec" because unless it's been cleared by the DOT and EPA, there's no such thing (officially). It may be one modified to meet some ore all of the specs & regulations, but it's still a "grey market" import.
yeah here is a link to the forum post. i have no idea where this guy got the "usa spec" x hot, or even what that means, exactly

whatever the case he posts more pics of it in the thread and a DOT turn signal is apparent. but doing something like that is a DIY job, too. so who knows what the hell this is or isn't

The poster in that link isn't from the u.s. so I'm not sure how he would have or need to follow a "u.s. spec". I'll have to dig it up but in the rattler section he made fun of the xhot and how cheap it looked. Went on and on about how pgo should be ashamed of the rip off of the zuma. I like it. Especially in black.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

JHScoot wrote:

i would have to look around on there but some where on there dan blasts pgo for there poor copy of the bws 125 with the xshot

honestly after the issues with him i take any thing he says or said with a grain of salt
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

:lol: :lol: see?
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
scooterworldguam

jmkjr72 wrote:you guys get the pgos there being the dot/epa knows pgo doesnt ship to the main land i doubt they give it a true inspection just for your small market
and im sure they arent going thru the shipping containers like they are here on the mainland

also genuine has to decide to bring the xshot here and get it thru carb as far as i know it hasnt been submited to carb
I will do my best to not take offense to your ignorance of Guam. We are a U.S. Territory subject to EVERY law and regulation you are subject to. ALL our containers are inspected thoroughly by United States customs. To suggest that our "small market" will allow sub-par and illegal scooters on the road is very insulting.
texepictetus

Cheesehead

Post by texepictetus »

Go easy on him...his brain might be frozen and he can't think straight now that the packers are on their way to the Super Bowl.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

bigbropgo wrote:
JHScoot wrote:

The poster in that link isn't from the u.s. so I'm not sure how he would have or need to follow a "u.s. spec". I'll have to dig it up but in the rattler section he made fun of the xhot and how cheap it looked. Went on and on about how pgo should be ashamed of the rip off of the zuma. I like it. Especially in black.
yes yes, i see a can of quite old worms has been opened up on account of this fellow

what does he know? "usa spec" by butt! :P

oh, i do like the black myself, but have become partial to the white, personally. i think its a stylish and rugged scooter all at once. PGO got this one right imo.

and while it does resemble that European Zuma or w/e it is, i wouldn't be so quick to call it a copy or rip off, myself
scooterworldguam wrote:
jmkjr72 wrote:you guys get the pgos there being the dot/epa knows pgo doesnt ship to the main land i doubt they give it a true inspection just for your small market

I will do my best to not take offense to your ignorance of Guam. We are a U.S. Territory subject to EVERY law and regulation you are subject to. ALL our containers are inspected thoroughly by United States customs. To suggest that our "small market" will allow sub-par and illegal scooters on the road is very insulting.
holy cow Guam is in revolt! :shock:

but why not pack up one of them scoots and send it to me pronto, anyway? not all of us here on the mainland are so undeserving! :nerd:
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

this thread is taking a turn towards ridiculous, let's just all stop rippin on Guam and chill out a bit.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

:)
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVNbvohMcpY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
scooterworldguam

JHScoot wrote::)
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVNbvohMcpY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Wow! You found our commercial!
TVB

Post by TVB »

scooterworldguam wrote:Wow! You found our commercial!
Nicely done.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

TVB wrote:
scooterworldguam wrote:Wow! You found our commercial!
Nicely done.
You guys have soooooooo many cute girls!!!
I like the commercial too!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
robby

Post by robby »

ericalm wrote:The Ruckus rules the niche, but that's largely due to the ease of customizing it and the wide availability of parts and accessories. At $2499, the 50cc Ruckus is $500 more than a Roughhouse 50, but we haven't seen the Roughhouse develop that kind of following.
I can't speak to real numbers, but I saw a lot more Roughhouses here in Boston this summer than I did in '09.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

robby wrote:
ericalm wrote:The Ruckus rules the niche, but that's largely due to the ease of customizing it and the wide availability of parts and accessories. At $2499, the 50cc Ruckus is $500 more than a Roughhouse 50, but we haven't seen the Roughhouse develop that kind of following.
I can't speak to real numbers, but I saw a lot more Roughhouses here in Boston this summer than I did in '09.
That may partially be due to availability. Didn't the Boston Genuine dealer open in '09?

There are some markets where 50cc scoots do quite well. They tend to be the relatively affluent college markets where 50s don't require a motorcycle license (or in some cases, insurance or registration).
RoaringTodd

Back from the dead - Plastics for the Hooligan

Post by RoaringTodd »

I love the new Hooligan. Considering replacing my Elite CH150 for the Hooligan.

However, I was a little disappointed in the end result compared with some of the PGO models of the similar scooter (X-Hot and Libra).

I would be very curious to know if we could order from Taiwan or an supplier some of those parts - ie - mudguard, front plastics with daylight running lights, and a better designed rear lights.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
issue31

no pictures?

Post by issue31 »

:( could not see pictures. just a little square box with some green in it.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: no pictures?

Post by jrsjr »

issue31 wrote::( could not see pictures. just a little square box with some green in it.
That's because this is a necropost of a 6-year-old thread!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Where is Frosty, anyway? Think he grew up and got into cars?
The majority is always sane - Nessus