[NSR] Bought a Ipod touch

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

[NSR] Bought a Ipod touch

Post by jfrost2 »

Always wanted an ipod touch because of the internet and applications, I dont really listen to music that much. Normal price of the 8GB model is 230 dollars plus tax, Best buy is having a sale this week, buy the second generation model of the 8GB for 230 dollars, and get a free 50 dollar gift card.

Total was 180 dollars plus tax, about 200 OTD. Actually, I paid 246 OTD after tax, but they gave me a 50 dollar gift card for free, so I count that as money back. Better spend it fast or else best buy might fail and ask for bail out money, then leave me screwed not being able to get 50 dollars worth of stuff for free.
broke

Post by broke »

I'm actually going to buy one of these at Costco tonight I hope. $209 and no tax ;) but no $50 gift card... My son doesn't have too much music, so I think the 8GB will be good for him since he is mostly interested in the apps.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

I love love love love love love my iPod touch.

It's a gateway product though, makes you really want an iPhone
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If you have wifi around, this could almost be a full functioning PMP, the internet doesnt play flash media, but works for the most part. Also email, text messaging, google maps, and all those other downloadable applications are great. Many of the free ones are useless, but I got AIM, WIFI detector, lighter, and google earth.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

8GB itouch refurb at the Apple Store for $179. Free shipping and same warranty.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Best app ever - Shazam. And it's Free :D

Congrats on the iPoT!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

would someone be kind and get me one for christmas? :lol: :wink:

better yet, an iphone would be even more awesomer!
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

I have one. It is soooooo addictive. I'm buying from itunes in bed.

Shazam now works on ipod touch but you need an external mic which would be another annoying accessory to carry.

Only issue - doesn't have flash player.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

alienmeatsack wrote:Best app ever - Shazam. And it's Free :D

Congrats on the iPoT!
Coolest app, yes...

Best app, More Cowbell
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Ah yea I looked for shazam last night, almost downloaded it until I read you need a iphone, or a external mic for the touch. How does the application work? You just record what you're hearing and have the song ready to download? Instantly? Or does it take time?
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

LOVE it. DH convinced me to upgrade my pda (palm z22) to one of these. Yeah, it tracks my events, has a calendar and a notepad, but it's the wireless that's the coolest. Now I want free wifi everywhere in the world.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

My favorite app on my iPhone is "Pandora". Also free. It's a very cool music experience.

Dustin
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Pretty soon wifi will be everywhere, many cities now have wifi on every street corner and building for free. Downtown dayton here is fully covered in wifi.

The only bad thing about wifi unlike 3G the Iphone uses, wifi has a distance limit, if your driving in the car, you'll get wifi for 2 seconds, then the signal will be too far away and too weak. You need to connect to different networks if you are moving. If you're on your feet and in the mall of eating somewhere, staying connected to 1 network is a lot easier. Iphone's 3G has better advantage because while driving or moving place to place, it will always be connected to the same 3G network since GIANT towers are sending out the signals, not little 6 inch antennas from a router.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jfrost2 wrote:Ah yea I looked for shazam last night, almost downloaded it until I read you need a iphone, or a external mic for the touch. How does the application work? You just record what you're hearing and have the song ready to download? Instantly? Or does it take time?
It records a sample of the song depending on what you're recording. A chorus with lyrics is better than an instrumental section or bridge, for instance. Then it takes a second, but is still pretty damn fast, even on my original EDGE network iPhone. It gives you the song info and a link to buy it if you want to.

I use my iPhone as a phone least of all things. I can actually cram a fair amount of audio and video in the 8Gb player, enough to keep me entertained on a cross-country flight.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

djelliott wrote:My favorite app on my iPhone is "Pandora". Also free. It's a very cool music experience.

Dustin
I LOVE Pandora! I listen to it all day at work. I don't even listen to my ipod at work anymore.
tekrek

Re: [NSR] Bought a Ipod touch

Post by tekrek »

jfrost2 wrote:Always wanted an ipod touch because of the internet and applications, I dont really listen to music that much. Normal price of the 8GB model is 230 dollars plus tax, Best buy is having a sale this week, buy the second generation model of the 8GB for 230 dollars, and get a free 50 dollar gift card.

Total was 180 dollars plus tax, about 200 OTD. Actually, I paid 246 OTD after tax, but they gave me a 50 dollar gift card for free, so I count that as money back. Better spend it fast or else best buy might fail and ask for bail out money, then leave me screwed not being able to get 50 dollars worth of stuff for free.
I bought my University student an i Mac 24inch this summer and Apple threw in an i Touch 8gig for free.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Eazy wrote:
alienmeatsack wrote:Best app ever - Shazam. And it's Free :D

Congrats on the iPoT!
Coolest app, yes...

Best app, More Cowbell
LOL... I just bought more Cowbell... I thought it was funny! my Fiance thought it was lame. LOL.. i don't care, its so cute!!

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Tons of applications I'd like, but I really cant see paying for them when I really cant see if they will be of use to me until I actually use them. Some applications cost 30 dollars...why? Apple should have a demo for applications where you get 15-20 minutes of use to play with them, then have to delete or buy it. I just cant see paying 5-6 dollars for a application, then seeing it's useless and wasted.