sadly I have to sell my pink buddy..help me price please???

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AmyNTX

sadly I have to sell my pink buddy..help me price please???

Post by AmyNTX »

well, sadly i have to sell my pink buddy 125. the economy sucks and I lost my job and my new one dosent pay as well and I have to sell. Anyway, I have no clue what to ask for it. Can you help me? here are the stats

2007 Pink Buddy 125 (bought 6 mo. ago)
only 320 miles on it
never been dropped
no scratches
upgraded horn
windscreen
black seat
black grips

Dallas TX area
paid $3300

Thanks in advance for your help.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

$1,000,000
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Eazy wrote:$1,000,000
Helpful E.

I would bet you could get around 2700 for it, I know it sucks to lose on it but that "used" word takes a hit :wink:
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

Don't do it
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

mandyscoots wrote:Don't do it
yeah, sell your car.
Lift heavy eat clean!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If in the end you must sell, I'm sure you could get $2,500 or 2,700 out of it.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

sorry about your situation. What ever price you decide on you may want to cast your net pretty wide and post where it can get a lot of exposure. Pink is as much a blessing as it could be a curse to sell. B/c it is not common, you just have to find that special someone.

Maybe put it on the scooterdiva forum as well.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

The reality of the situation is that you may not be able to sell right now for a fair price. Since I can go to a local dealer and buy a new 125 off the floor for under $2500, I would be inclined to price my used Buddy at around $1800, just to try to move it. Of course, where you live and what local dealers are charging makes all the difference.

The other big consideration is the economy. Contrary to what most of us think, scooters are not essentials. I've seen fairly priced, beautifully maintained and equipped scoots and bikes sitting on lots forever with no buyer interest. Now, a good reason for that in Denver could also be the weather, not just the economy. So again, your experience in a warmer location could make all the difference.

If I were selling a bike right now I'd price it fairly, and the suggestions above (with the exception of the $1000 post) give a pretty good indicator of fair prices. Then, I'd keep in mind a bottom line price that I would not go under and stick to it. The fact of the matter is that you could almost certainly sell quickly if you priced it at $1000. The bigger question is, "should you?" I probably would not. I'd rather struggle a bit to keep it if I couldn't sell it at a fair price and hope for a better scooter market in a few months.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

gt1000 wrote:If I were selling a bike right now I'd price it fairly, and the suggestions above (with the exception of the $1000 post) give a pretty good indicator of fair prices. Then, I'd keep in mind a bottom line price that I would not go under and stick to it. The fact of the matter is that you could almost certainly sell quickly if you priced it at $1000. The bigger question is, "should you?" I probably would not. I'd rather struggle a bit to keep it if I couldn't sell it at a fair price and hope for a better scooter market in a few months.
check again, gt1000, the price was $1,000,000, obviously a facetious number, meant to be a joke. ;)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
tekrek

Post by tekrek »

Only sell if:
You are going to have to give the kids to Child Protection Services.
In hock to the IRS and face garnishment.
The homeless in HOBO City are eying your cardboard shanty and you have to buy them a quart of MD 20-20 to forestall their bum foreclosure.
You need a liver transplant and absolutely cannot live with peritonitis.

There are numerous other instances you might need to sell but now is not the time(too resent to purchase, economy totally sucks etc.) At times like this it makes you wish you were an UAW auto worker on the public dole.
Hang in there and good luck with your choice and possible sale.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Is it possible to wait until spring? Your chance of getting a good price will increase then. Quite often, winter shoppers are really looking for a really good price. Tough situation, sorry.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Double post. Whoops. :oops:
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

DennisD wrote:Is it possible to wait until spring? Your chance of getting a good price will increase then. Quite often, winter shoppers are really looking for a really good price. Tough situation, sorry.
I agree with Dennis, if you can wait until spring you will get more and better offers.

Sorry you have to part with it. :(
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

I would sell it very close to what you paid for it. Pink is a very popular color, you have a windshield, no mileage to speak off, and most of all scooters are very popular. So sorry you have to sell it and I feel for all who lost their jobs to the Greedy CEO's, oil barons, and corporate crooks out their that caused this economical melt down. I would post an ad on this site, Modern Vespa, 2 Stroke Buzz, and Craigslist. I have done great with using Craigslist and it is free. You may also talk to your dealer and post an ad in their shop. Good Luck and I wish the best for you in the future and Merry Christmas. Dibber
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

gt1000 wrote:Since I can go to a local dealer and buy a new 125 off the floor for under $2500
Um, which dealer and how far away is it from Michigan?