Suggested reading for vintage scooters?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DO3

Suggested reading for vintage scooters?

Post by DO3 »

Sorry, this isn't Buddy related but the new release got me wondering if there are any really good books out there to learn more about vintage scooters, especially Lambrettas. I know we have some vintage scooter people on this board so I was hoping they could help out.

Thanks
Keys

Post by Keys »

If you go to www.scooterworks.com they have a whole pile of 'em.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
DO3

Post by DO3 »

Keys-
You've been plugging Scooter Works a lot lately, are you planning on hitting them up for a sponsership for your cross country ride? :P

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I think more Vespa/Stella when I think of SW, but they do have quite a selection on their site.

Thanks
weebl

Post by weebl »

If you're interested in the history, "Red Eyes, Whitewalls, Blue Smoke" is a fun read with lots of glossy pictures (good for someone like me)
CowboyRob

Post by CowboyRob »

I know this is a little different but I am reading the book "I see by my outfit" and I am thouroghly enjoying it. It is a novel, not consumer or product oriented, which is relaxing to me since I often "tech geek" and "gear Head" myself to numbness. It is about a couple of guys riding cross country on some 4-stroke skooters.(4 stroke scooter was a new concept back then I think!) Any way, he does reflect on the love of his old Lammy, and makes me feel cool about my recent purchase od a classic styled 4-stroke Chetak. I would give my left leg for a Lambretta.(and someone to work on it) :lol: javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

weebl wrote:If you're interested in the history, "Red Eyes, Whitewalls, Blue Smoke" is a fun read with lots of glossy pictures (good for someone like me)
Good book, and you should also look at The Scooter Bible by Micheal and Eric Dregni.
- Bryce