Winter Riding

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

postprandial75

Winter Riding

Post by postprandial75 »

I've ridden year-round in NH/VT the past 3 years. I just got a Buddy 50 at the end of August, and find it doesn't behave in the cold the way my old QianJaing Primo Seville did (I rode the Primo to Rochester, NY in early August). It takes much longer to warm up, but does relatively fine once really warmed up. Anybody know any options?

To me, the Buddy seems easier to keep upright in adverse winter weather, in spite of not having "footpegs". I'm not sure if my sense of balance has improved, or my pretending I have "training wheels" is what makes it easier. Has anyone had a similar feeling?

Thanks for any input.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm moving this to General Discussions…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Eddy Merckx

Post by Eddy Merckx »

Me and my lady ride year round (except when there is snow and ice on the street) in CT, and find our buddy 125's to work really well in the cold, do you ride on the snow ? and if so how doable is riding in the snow? oh and I'm from Rochester NY what route did you take thru western NY ?[/url]
"Social graces, got any"
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

hi im a NH rider as well i think my buddy does quite well in the winter i mainly ride when the roads are clear i dont want to dump and hurt my baby i like scooter riding that much and its my only dependeble ride my cage is old and i drive it only when weather constricts my winter two wheel riding ability
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

You might be able to fit a block heater to your buddy. Then you don't have to worry about trying to keep it going while it warms up.