Is Scoot defunct?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drumwoulf

Is Scoot defunct?

Post by Drumwoulf »

Copy of email I sent to Scoot today...

Last issue I've been able to find in ANY local bookstore was #46, the one about Josh Roger's crash! (Which was quite some time ago..!)

So is that it now? Have you ceased publishing?

Drumwoulf
Buddy 125
Vespa GT200
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

From their web site:
Scoot! Magazine issue #47 is now available!

This Lambretta-centric issue pays homage to the 60th anniversary of Innocenti's iconic scooters. Highlights include an excerpt from the new book, The Lambretta Bible; a Lambretta history timeline; a spotlight on Lambrettas of the German Speaking World; the history of the Lambretta Club USA; a review of Modscooters.com's "remade" GP200; a Lambretta Works dealer profile; and three Lammy Reader's Rides.

The issue also has regular features such as rally reports, product reviews, Show Us Your Scoots, and The Scooter Collector.

We had a few hiccups due to Josh's serious scooter accident, but we're back on track. Thanks to everyone who called, emailed, sent flowers and cards and donated to Josh's Scoooter Relief fund. It is now closed, but if you want to donate to help anther scooterist, go to Scooter Relief and donate to their general relief fund.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I've got Issue #47 at home, picked it up right before Christmas at Joseph Beth bookstore in Cincinnati.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I have issue 48. An actor from Reno 911 is on the cover. Inside there is a picture of me and my daughter. The top picture on page 22. She is seated on the bench and I'm wearing my red mesh jacket. I posted in the Stella section about the performance article. Carbs, cylinder kits, exhausts all dyno tested!
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

According to their homepage, they're now bi-monthly.

Although I bought some back issues from off ebay about 2 weeks ago and haven't a thing from them about them. I suppose the holidays are to blame.
underdog

Post by underdog »

olhogrider wrote:I have issue 48. An actor from Reno 911 is on the cover. Inside there is a picture of me and my daughter. The top picture on page 22. She is seated on the bench and I'm wearing my red mesh jacket. I posted in the Stella section about the performance article. Carbs, cylinder kits, exhausts all dyno tested!
I received issue #48 about a week ago in the mail, since I subscribe. Good issue tooand I enjoyed the interview with the actor. I saw the pic on page 22, looks like you guys had a beautiful ride!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

You guys forgot to mention the bad-ass Genuine Black Jack ad on the back cover of Issue #48. :twisted:
underdog

Post by underdog »

jrsjr wrote:You guys forgot to mention the bad-ass Genuine Black Jack ad on the back cover of Issue #48. :twisted:
You are correct jrsjr, it is a bad-ass ad. It looks like Genuine is going to market the blackjack aggressively. Here is a picture of the ad for those of you who do not get Scoot Magazine
Attachments
blackjack.jpg
blackjack.jpg (155.38 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

On page 26/27 there is an article about my shop's big ride this summer, with some mediocre photos taken by yours truly!
itzhak37

Post by itzhak37 »

I, too, received issue 48 in the mail just before Christmas.

I wasn't sure if mine got sent out behind schedule, although it would seem that wasn't the case because other posters have indicated that they also just recently received their copies, because one of their mail in contests ended two days before the issue arrived at my door.
ellen

Post by ellen »

My local book stores never carried it, the closest dealer who does is 50 miles away, so I got a subscription. I get it the mail every 2 months like clock work.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Someone bought me a subscription for Christmas and the first magazine, Issue 48, arrived today. Now I'll have to open it up and find the MB folks in there.

Rob