Accessories Installed

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Roose Hurro

Custom solution...

Post by Roose Hurro »

Hmmm... knowing someone who welds, mayhaps this person could get their hands on some flat and tube steel (stainless?), and be able to weld up something custom? A tube-bender would come in handy, as well as a drill set up to do the holes, but from what I've been reading here, sounds like this could sell. :wink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Who needs to weld? Check out what one member did:
viewtopic.php?t=420

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Keys

Post by Keys »

I WAS planning on welding up my own custom rack, but my beloved wife gave me a black one from Genuine for Christmas. Are the black and chrome ones made differently?

And sure, Tryg...be glad to help.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ScooterMonkey

Post by ScooterMonkey »

As far as I know they're the same design.
Thx. Keys, Isaac & I will get with you soon to work out details.
Much appreciated :clap:
lou76

Post by lou76 »

Keys wrote:I WAS planning on welding up my own custom rack, but my beloved wife gave me a black one from Genuine for Christmas. Are the black and chrome ones made differently?

--Keys 8)
mine is black, tryg's is chrome... they both broke... the center bolt tab seems like a poor design, but the welding in general seems a little slapdash... but then again, i am always looking for an excuse to say slapdash...
slapdash...
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

How is the front rack attached? I was thinking about using one on trips where I need more cargo space but I'd like to be able to take it off for my everyday commute (I too like the minimalist look). If I take it off does it leave holes in my Buddy?
Tikka Masala

Re: Chrome back rack anywhere?

Post by Tikka Masala »

polianarchy wrote:
aeropt wrote:Does anybody have any back chrome racks in stock still? I've called all over and know that even Genuine is out, but hoping one scooter shop somewhere on Earth has one.
Dude, yeah, me too. I've called and searched on the 'net, to no avail. Genuine knows that we want 'em, that's for sure! Philadelphia Scooters has at least 5 on backorder.
Looks like POC has them ... check out
topic862.html#9742
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Corsair wrote:How is the front rack attached? I was thinking about using one on trips where I need more cargo space but I'd like to be able to take it off for my everyday commute (I too like the minimalist look). If I take it off does it leave holes in my Buddy?
Yes, when the holes are punched out, they are in there for good. But I love the way my chrome rack looks:
ModBud #442
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Tikka Masala wrote:Looks like POC has them ... check out
topic862.html#9742
Yes, but are they slapdash?
ModBud #442
Tikka Masala

Post by Tikka Masala »

polianarchy wrote:
Tikka Masala wrote:Looks like POC has them ... check out
topic862.html#9742
Yes, but are they slapdash?
What/Who ? POC or the chrome rack? :lol:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
chizizad

Orange buddy with trunk and front rack

Post by chizizad »

Here is my Orange Buddy with trunk and front rack.....Custom Star of David on Front and back hahaha
Attachments
front.JPG
front.JPG (31.16 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
back.JPG
back.JPG (39.25 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
chizscoot.jpg
chizscoot.jpg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
ebcspace

buddy accessories installed

Post by ebcspace »

nice customization ! it's amazing how the scoot looks with just a few accessories... front rack, top case, saddle bags... really makes it look like a classic, and a nice spokesperson for orange !

btw.. my wife likes the scarf, and the extra orange glasses touch.

you should have your agent contact Genuine for the next ad !
scoot on!
chizizad

thanks

Post by chizizad »

yeah i was thinking the glasses were too much hehe thanks for the reassurement!
mlstephens

Givi top case and Genuine rack

Post by mlstephens »

So I really need a Givi case for my Buddy. But I'm a bit gunshy because of the reports of the Genuine rack breaking. Any word on whether this has been corrected? I don't want to spend the coin and then have issues.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Mike,

I had mine altered by a guy at work. He also fixed the broken racks that Lou76 and Scootermonkey had. The pic of the fixed item is at my blog; www.skutergruven.blogspot.com I'd recommend just having the supports welded on according to the pic from the center bolt pad to the sides. If you do this first, you shouldn't have any problems.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

Thanks for the tip. Crazy that we have to go to this length in order to make an official accessory functional. I ordered the rack today from Motorsport Scooters, along with a halogen bulb, and ordered a Givi E30 top case w/backrest from RL Motorcycles. We'll see how it all holds up. I'll have to find a welding shop nearby just in case.
brat

Post by brat »

Mine broke also, but I got a new one. My scooter shop just did some extra welding where it broke. I have had no issues after that!
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

rajron wrote:60 – 70 degree winter – what’s wrong with you
he doesn't get up early enough during the winter whemn I ride to work...It's more like 30-40 :D
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

lou76 wrote:
Keys wrote:I WAS planning on welding up my own custom rack, but my beloved wife gave me a black one from Genuine for Christmas. Are the black and chrome ones made differently?

--Keys 8)
mine is black, tryg's is chrome... they both broke... the center bolt tab seems like a poor design, but the welding in general seems a little slapdash... but then again, i am always looking for an excuse to say slapdash...
slapdash...

Is there any kind of warranty to the rear rack? I'm interested in getting a chrome one but if it's just going to break forget about it. Not to be lazy but I don't feel I should have to weld something I just bought.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Corsair wrote:
lou76 wrote:

--Keys 8)
slapdash...

Is there any kind of warranty to the rear rack? I'm interested in getting a chrome one but if it's just going to break forget about it. Not to be lazy but I don't feel I should have to weld something I just bought.
At the end of one of the threads about the chrome rear rack, someone mentioned speaking to some OTHER someone (vague enough for ya?) at Genuine. The Genuine rep was reported to have stated that if the rack breaks, they'll replace it.

Of course, it will take two weeks to get the part, right? :roll:
ModBud #442
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

I installed my chrome rack and Givi E30 case last weekend. The E30 is HUGE, at least in proportion to the Buddy. It swallows my Scorpion size L helmet. I could easily have gone down a size with the case, although the next size smaller was actually more expensive so I opted for the room. Hopefully the rack will hold up, so far so good.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

thanks for the info polianarchy
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

The guys at Tulsa Scooters mounted the Prima Universal Windscreen for me this afternoon along with an oil change and re-aiming the headlight (when I dropped the Budd the headlight dropped too). On the ride home, the windscreen made a substantial difference in feel. First, it's mounted low enough to see over it and high enough that I could open the face shield on my Fulmer without having my glasses pressed back into my eyeballs. Second, the doggone thing seemed to stabilize the Budd at speeds over 25 mph! With little resistance in the steering, the scooter got blown around underneath me. Given the added wind resistance of the windscreen the Budd felt more solid and under control.

I'm going to clean the scoot tomorrow and take some pictures for the board. Beats me why I didn't do the windscreen before now!

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Valgal20

Welder Needed?

Post by Valgal20 »

Hay, want a good weld for cheap or free? Go to your Local High School (end of semester) or to your local FFA capter (usually at the HS) Tons of kids/teachers available and willing- and they do good jobs too- and its usually free cause they use it as a project. Thats what I use to do in FFA/HS. Or they can weld you something else (like a big fancy rack) these kids are creative- bring them a design (you might need to buy the materials) and they will be happy to oblige. :idea: