I love my Buddy already :o)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Animaetrix00

I love my Buddy already :o)

Post by Animaetrix00 »

So I just had my first week or so of daily riding on my new Buddy 125. I was really super nervous, and my first few days of commuting to my various jobs were pretty nervewracking. I got lost a few times, took a few intimidating turns like a grandma, and generally felt like I was groping around in the dark at first.

Somewhere in the last ride or two, everything began to feel natural and all of a sudden I realized how much fun I was having! My brain has stopped analyzing every tiny move and I've been riding more in the moment.

It's wonderful and I'm so happy I sold my car and switched to a scooter. :) I'm getting to know San Diego in an entirely new way, and as it turns out, I never really needed a car here at all..!

Much love to the forums for all your knowledge and patience with newbies!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

im glad you like it so much!!! I remember the early days of riding around on a scooter for the first time... ahh the memories of last year :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm glad you found your comfort zone and are now just one more of many with this particular addiction. :D

And I'm jealous of all of you that can ride year round ... it's going to be a high of -2 deg and a low of -12 on Thursday, so the scoot may stay tucked away for a while. :(

Rob
Last edited by Rob on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Bud. I think San Diego would be inside my comfort zone also, Unfortunately it is outside of my job zone.
ScooterTrash

Re: I love my Buddy already :o)

Post by ScooterTrash »

Animaetrix00 wrote:felt like I was groping around in the dark at first.
Also the beginning of other things :lol:

Have fun ride safe :wink:
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Welcome!!!!
Altho you're not officially welcomed until you've incurred the wrath of Drumwoulf.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Welcome to the cage free life! Isn't it grand?
Rob wrote:And I'm jealous of all of you that can ride year round ... it's going to be a high of -2 deg and a low of -12 on Thursday, so the scoot may stay tucked away for a while. :(
It was a cool 76F here today :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Ouch!!! That's gotta sting Beck!!!
From 10p Monday to 1p Friday this wk we never saw temps above 0 !!! We act like we don't mind. To compound that I have a boiler and radiator heat (if you know what that is) which takes a long time to heat up so right now it's......59 degrees in my house....any I'm typing in a tshirt. If I get cold I just step outside for a couple minutes and it feels toasty warm when I come in. Needless to say we don't scoot in this weather but did see numerous bicyclists this wk at -18 in the morning.

Scoot safe!!!!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Rob wrote:I'm glad you found your comfort zone and are now just one more of many with this particular addiction. :D

And I'm jealous of all of you that can ride year round ... it's going to be a high of -2 deg and a low of -12 on Thursday, so the scoot may stay tucked away for a while. :(

Rob
i hear and feel your cold rob i wish i could ditch the car thing and ride year around. just had to buy a new cage yesterday which is cool for backup but i wish i could have two scoots instead maybe that will be a dream fullfilled when i migrate someday. will be warming up to the high 20's today but that also is bringing 6 inches of snow thats how it rolls here.
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

Aww, yeah I can see how it would be easy to go through withdrawals. :) If I couldn't ride year-round I might never have talked myself into buying one!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Becktastic wrote:It was a cool 76F here today :P
I would say talk to me in August, but then I thought ... you could still ride then. You might be miserable, but you could still ride. :)
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:i hear and feel your cold rob i wish i could ditch the car thing and ride year around. just had to buy a new cage yesterday which is cool for backup but i wish i could have two scoots instead maybe that will be a dream fullfilled when i migrate someday. will be warming up to the high 20's today but that also is bringing 6 inches of snow thats how it rolls here.
:) It's almost comforting to know that others are in the same boat ... misery loves company I suppose. Actually, I WISH it had only dropped to -12 ... it ended up hitting -20 here and -30 in some of the outlying areas. Up to now I always thought I could handle the cold but didn't like snow ... now I'm starting to have second thoughts there.
Animaetrix00 wrote:Aww, yeah I can see how it would be easy to go through withdrawals. :) If I couldn't ride year-round I might never have talked myself into buying one!
Nah ... you'd still buy one. You'd just do like the rest of us and bitch and complain during the times of year when you couldn't ride. :)

Rob
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Rob wrote:I would say talk to me in August, but then I thought ... you could still ride then. You might be miserable, but you could still ride. :)
My cage didn't have air conditioner, it was like an oven. The scoot it actually fantastic in 100+ degree weather considering what I have become accustomed to :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Becktastic wrote:
Rob wrote:I would say talk to me in August, but then I thought ... you could still ride then. You might be miserable, but you could still ride. :)
My cage didn't have air conditioner, it was like an oven. The scoot it actually fantastic in 100+ degree weather considering what I have become accustomed to :P
yeah the faster you go the the cooler the ride so if you ride 100 bph you should be very cool right beck :wink: :lol: :lol: just remember the long arm of the law.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Becktastic wrote:
Holey Cow!! A car in the southwest with no AC??!! I actually opted for the car some days this past summer so I'd have the AC !! And here in Pa. 100* days are rare. I can dress for the cold, when it's hot out I can take only so much off!!!
35* here already this morning, the warmest we've had in a week, feels warm believe it or not, if the roads weren't 'snotty' from the light snow we're having I'd be on the scoot today.
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

I don't know - once the temp goes above 100 it doesn't really matter how much wind is blowing, it only makes you feel even hotter. Nothing quite like sitting at a stoplight baking in the asphalt heat, exhaust heat, AND high humidity. That's not to say that I don't still ride and love it, but it's a bit more work.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:just remember the long arm of the law.
yeah and holy crap law enforcement here in Tucson is getting on my nerves. We were having a shindig at my house last night for a friends bday. And seriously it wasn't even 10pm and a cop comes and knocks on the door. He says they got two calls about noise complaints (sorry officer, but Rock Band is awesome) and if that happens and there are 3 or more people have had -any alcohol, you get a red tag and a fine from $160-$2500?!?!? It's not even late, no one was underage and there was nothing illegal. Luckily the officer was pretty understanding and didn't hit me with anything, but we still had to cut our party short (good thing we started early). But that's retarded Tucson law for you. Using their rules, if three old guys are having a BBQ in the middle of the day with a few beers and I call twice to the police that they are being too loud, they get a red tag and a fine. What BS is that?! Also, my neighbors suck for not -asking- us to turn it down and just calling the cops...twice. >_<
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

Becktastic wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:just remember the long arm of the law.
yeah and holy crap law enforcement here in Tucson is getting on my nerves. We were having a shindig at my house last night for a friends bday. And seriously it wasn't even 10pm and a cop comes and knocks on the door. He says they got two calls about noise complaints (sorry officer, but Rock Band is awesome) and if that happens and there are 3 or more people have had -any alcohol, you get a red tag and a fine from $160-$2500?!?!? It's not even late, no one was underage and there was nothing illegal. Luckily the officer was pretty understanding and didn't hit me with anything, but we still had to cut our party short (good thing we started early). But that's retarded Tucson law for you. Using their rules, if three old guys are having a BBQ in the middle of the day with a few beers and I call twice to the police that they are being too loud, they get a red tag and a fine. What BS is that?! Also, my neighbors suck for not -asking- us to turn it down and just calling the cops...twice. >_<
i checked online and its actually 5 or more people, and the fine is 100 bucks so I think the cop was just trying to scare us.
armacham

Post by armacham »

Rockband only requires 4 people so theoretically, we can play that as loud and as late as we want and there is no problem.

What a great, well-written law
Rob

Post by Rob »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:yeah the faster you go the the cooler the ride so if you ride 100 bph you should be very cool right beck :wink: :lol: :lol: just remember the long arm of the law.
haha ... if she could go 100 bph on her scoot ... she would.
Becktastic wrote:Using their rules, if three old guys are having a BBQ in the middle of the day with a few beers and I call twice to the police that they are being too loud, they get a red tag and a fine. What BS is that?!
armacham wrote:i checked online and its actually 5 or more people, and the fine is 100 bucks so I think the cop was just trying to scare us.
Speaking for all of us old guys that just might want to have a middle of the day BBQ ... PHEW!!!! We just have to keep our numbers down! :D

Rob
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

armacham wrote:Rockband only requires 4 people so theoretically, we can play that as loud and as late as we want and there is no problem.

What a great, well-written law
I think that's just the Red Tag law. I think there is a looser general noise law. I think they can still cite you for disturbing the peace and so forth. I'm not all that positive though as I tend to be a quiet household.

What's awesome though is that I didn't hear anything. So it sounds like your immediate neighbors should do what Becky said and just ask to turn it down. I'll bet it was the woman behind you, the one with the barking dog, she's up early and I'll be she goes to bed early as well.

Also, what the hell! They bug you at 10pm for playing Rock Band, and they won't talk to the people behind me who have daily 6 am shouting matches about how much they hate each other.
armacham

Post by armacham »

rabbitgod wrote:
Also, what the hell! They bug you at 10pm for playing Rock Band, and they won't talk to the people behind me who have daily 6 am shouting matches about how much they hate each other.
the cop showed up at like 9:40, which means she made the call around 9pm probably.

Uhh yeah whatever lady, try knocking on my door next time