January 24th ride Ventura County (Moved to Sat, Jan 31st)

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

K.R.Angel

January 24th ride Ventura County (Moved to Sat, Jan 31st)

Post by K.R.Angel »

January 24, 2009 (Ride may move to Sat, Jan. 31 if we get rained out.)

http://camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com/

RIDE TO OJAI

MEETING POINTS:
Riders in Camarillo/Somis area will meet at 8:15 AM, and depart from the new Camarillo Library parking lot at 8:30 AM and go directly to the 76 Gas Station at Wells Road to meet up with riders from Ventura/Oxnard area at 9:00 AM. We shall proceed by following the route as described below.

THE GENERAL ROUTE:
North on Wells Rd. Over the 126 Fwy. (Meet up with fellow riders at the 76 Gas Station on Wells Road) Turn right onto Foothill Rd. approximatly 6 mi.,
Right on Peck Rd., Left on Santa Paula St. Left on Tenth St. which turns into Hwy 150. It is a little windy in some parts but once you get onto the flat lands it is beautiful and green. Bring your cameras. It is a straight shot into Ojai. Leaving Ojai the 150 turns into Hwy 33 which will take us through Oak View down to Ventura.
From Ventura, we will return to the same 76 Station Meet-up place on Wells. From there, we will all return home. (Ventura riders may choose to return home once already in Ventura.)

PROPOSED TIME-TABLE:
Ride to 76 station on Wells Road: 20-30 Minutes
Ride to Santa Paula from Meet-up Location: 10 Minutes
Ride from Santa Paula to Ojai: 20-30 Minutes
Lunch at Pizza Restaurant: 30-45 Minutes
Ride from Restaurant in Ojai to Santa Paula: 20-30 Minutes
Ride from Santa Paula to Camarillo: 20 Minutes.
Ride from Camarillo to Oxnard/Ventura: 30-40 Minutes
Estimated time To and Fro = 3.5 Hours
Last edited by K.R.Angel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
cadillaczac

Post by cadillaczac »

Yay!!!! Highway 150 (into or outta Ojai) is one of my favorite routes...I love the twisties. I can't wait for this ride. I just serviced my scoot so I am in. Unfortunatley Tricia will not be able to make the ride. See you Saturday.
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'd love to make the trip up and ride with you guys sometime. Can't make this one… maybe if it gets rain delayed.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:I'd love to make the trip up and ride with you guys sometime. Can't make this one… maybe if it gets rain delayed.
Likewise.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
K.R.Angel

IMPORTANT NOTICE:OJAI RIDE CANCELED RESCHEDULED FOR SAT.1-31

Post by K.R.Angel »

I just got back from driving the route tonight and found it to be in unfavorable condition for safe scooter navigation, as there was mud, dirt and debris including gravel and rocks on the road, which was also wet with showers. Tomorrow's forecast is 50% chance of showers with highs in the low 60's. Unfortunately, the ride shall be rescheduled for Saturday, January 31st.

~Matt

--
Ventura County
VENTURES SCOOTER CREW