what a day

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kazoo

what a day

Post by kazoo »

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

LUCKY! In the jolly ole sunshine state it was 25 degrees on my way to work, and in the 30's all day. Supposed to be colder tomorrow.
I know most of you guys are probably getting it worse than me, but this is FLORIDA DUDE!!! WHAT THE HECK?!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

KRUSTYburger wrote:LUCKY! In the jolly ole sunshine state it was 25 degrees on my way to work, and in the 30's all day. Supposed to be colder tomorrow.
I know most of you guys are probably getting it worse than me, but this is FLORIDA DUDE!!! WHAT THE HECK?!
its because i left my freezer open and had a fan facing south just to give you guys a taste of our weather hope you enjoy
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Um, reading this post inspired me to check the current temp (bad idea). It is now a whopping 8 def F outside. I can't even open the shed door where Bud is stored, its got too much snow in front of it. Sigh....

Remind me how much fun it is to ride. I haven't been on the scoot for almost two and a half months. I survive by choosing a bike in MarioKart.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

The weather guy tells me it might hit 50 on Saturday! Hope to get out a bit and see if I remember how to ride that red thing in my garage.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Red? You sure?
It's been a while...might have faded by now. :lol:
kmtscoot

Post by kmtscoot »

I’m not sure what you’re thankful for. By choice I live in an area that has all four seasons. They are all very enjoyable, with lots to do in each one. During my teens I lived in a much warmer area. We had only two seasons there. Our “winter” was more like summer. And the summer was pretty unbearable. (But it’s a dry heat .. like an oven.) Yes my Buddy sits on the porch for about three months each year, but winter is beautiful too! I don't want to give up any of the seasons.
old and in the way

Post by old and in the way »

Weather,what weather???????? 60's aproaching 70's for five days and felt guilty for only rideing on three!!!! WE are in for a little rain the next few days and we sure need it.Ican go south to Big Sur on H.W.1 ,north to Santa Cruse way ,east to the "Pastures of Heaven" but to go west I need a boat! :D I'll drive [a cage] to the Searrias if I want snow. I feel for the rest of you suffering winter's blasts,the South in paticular as they are not prepaired for this crual fate! But warmer weather is on the way from the West!Soon. :lol: I grew up in Ill. & Wis. so I know what I'am missing and it aint pretty!Anyway,Buddy is happy under his cover to keep off the blue jay poop &pine sap and we will ride if the sun shines tomorrow!!!! old and in the way :wink:
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

old and in the way wrote:Weather,what weather???????? 60's aproaching 70's for five days and felt guilty for only rideing on three!!!! WE are in for a little rain the next few days and we sure need it.Ican go south to Big Sur on H.W.1 ,north to Santa Cruse way ,east to the "Pastures of Heaven" but to go west I need a boat! :D I'll drive [a cage] to the Searrias if I want snow. I feel for the rest of you suffering winter's blasts,the South in paticular as they are not prepaired for this crual fate! But warmer weather is on the way from the West!Soon. :lol: I grew up in Ill. & Wis. so I know what I'am missing and it aint pretty!Anyway,Buddy is happy under his cover to keep off the blue jay poop &pine sap and we will ride if the sun shines tomorrow!!!! old and in the way :wink:
Very Nice OAITW, very nice.

I suppose if you live in a area "... where all the women are strong, the men are good looking, and the children are above average. ..." then the 4 seasons are great; but in my opinion if you live in the city there aint much use in snow.

Below is the surf report for San Diego. I better suit up my 56 year old little boy like body in neoprene.

http://www.surfsd.com/surf_report

:mod:
old and in the way

Post by old and in the way »

:shock: Wow that surf roport thing is great!! Didn't know they had that....great....looks like the best surf is in our area though!!! Havent heard about Mavricks happening or did I miss it,last I heard they were still waiting............A scoot last week around Carmel last week at sunset looked like something out of surfings greasted videos,12 to 15 " rollers with sun setting in the west and showing through the curles,I was looking back from the point as they rode past!!!!!The one time I did not have my camera on board!and didn't want to break the spell to race home to get it .Somethings are just for the moment to be branded in our memories.............Old and in the Way :wink:
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Sure the temp was nice but did you see that humidity!!!! Oof, I pity you!!
Christy

Post by Christy »

wow...it was 67 today and supposed to be warmer tomorrow! it won't last, but it's sure nice to have warm toes again, even if only for a few days. lol

I might try to get out and ride a bit tomorrow if I can work it into my diy-home-improvement schedule...
EPSP #76
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Haha I love Texas weather 57 degrees at 5am in the middle of February!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

KRUSTYburger wrote:LUCKY! In the jolly ole sunshine state it was 25 degrees on my way to work, and in the 30's all day. Supposed to be colder tomorrow.
saywha? i looked up Pensacola and i'm seeing a low of around 47 . . . high 72? are you in a constant personal weather anomaly?

here in ATL it's been pretty nice - but my scooter is still flat-tired! gonna patch it today and pray that the warmth hangs on till next week . . .
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

black sunshine wrote:saywha? i looked up Pensacola and i'm seeing a low of around 47 . . . high 72? are you in a constant personal weather anomaly?
Uh, that was on the 4th... it's warmed up a lot since then. For some reason the weather here changes pretty rapidly. Oh well, it's good right now, I'm going outside!
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
black sunshine wrote:saywha? i looked up Pensacola and i'm seeing a low of around 47 . . . high 72? are you in a constant personal weather anomaly?
Uh, that was on the 4th... it's warmed up a lot since then. For some reason the weather here changes pretty rapidly. Oh well, it's good right now, I'm going outside!
*facepalm*

my bad . . . yeah, the weather here has been schizophrenic for a long time. i can't pack any of my fall OR winter clothes away!