Oops... Blown fuse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jmsmith802

Oops... Blown fuse

Post by jmsmith802 »

So I was hooking up the old horn again in my 07 buddy because I don't like the one I put in it (it was lying in my basement so i tried it out...) and after I hooked it up and pressed the horn button, it made a nasty dead horn noise like cars back in the 50s or something. So i pressed it a few more times, and then I saw some sparks fly. The gauges died, and the scoot wouldn't start. A family member that is an auto mechanic for mercedes suggests the positive lead to the horn touched the frame and shorted it out.. =[ So I looked and noticed the 1 amp fuse in the scoot was blown. My dealer is closed today, and the 5 other stores I went to didn't have anything lower than 2 amp. I hope my dealer has that fuse..

SO my question is, are there any other fuses located on the scoot that I should be concerned about, as to avoid making multiple trips out to the dealer? :oops:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

The one amp is the only one I know of. Most auto parts stores should have them. When you do find them buy a couple extra and stick them in the little tool kit.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Alright, good.. I hope thats all
Surprisingly my brother said the mercedes dealer doesn't have anything that low, and I stopped by a radioshack, a local hardware store, murrays auto parts, a local motorcycle dealer, and local auto parts supplier. No one had it. Sure hope my own scooter dealer has one :shock:
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

try the bone yard, junk yard , scrap yard
hi2525

Post by hi2525 »

The lowest I have found is a 2amp if somebody finds it with a website that would be awesome.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

hi2525 wrote:The lowest I have found is a 2amp if somebody finds it with a website that would be awesome.
I found this website.. I'm wating to call my dealer first though. Hopefully they have a few.
http://www.steinair.com/fuses.htm
I saw them on ebay as well.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

The only thing the one amp fuse is for is the cell phone charger. That won't blow out anything else. Check the fuse on your positive battery lead. That or you may have blown your regulator. BTW putting a 2 amp fuse in place of the one amp is fine.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Yeah, I thought that the 1amp fuse was only for the power outlet as well.

As far as finding one, the only way I found one when I blew mine was to get a multi pack that had ONE 1amp fuse and then a few of the others - 2amp, 4amp, etc.

I got the pack at Autozone or a similar parts store. They didn't have any 1amps for sale on their own, only in the pack with others.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Yeah I realized today it was the 8 amp fuse connected to the positive lead of the battery that blew too. Had to drive out to my dealer to get that one too, no local stores had it :roll: They didn't have the 1 amp either so ill probably just stick a 2amp in there..
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

jmsmith802 wrote:Yeah I realized today it was the 8 amp fuse connected to the positive lead of the battery that blew too. Had to drive out to my dealer to get that one too, no local stores had it :roll: They didn't have the 1 amp either so ill probably just stick a 2amp in there..
I think I have a 3 amp in mine. It's fine.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve